MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 18 & Under
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.6

I bought this to set my foundation and it does just that, it really made it stay in place. But I'm not huge fan of powders so I don't use it every day, only when I feel like it. The only thing I REALLY hate about this product is the packaging. I hate loose powders. It gets messy and I feel like a lot of it comes out and it is a wate of product for me. They do make a pressed powder in this which would be better for me, but I haven't made the effort to go get it yet. But the price isn't that bad in my opinion, compared to others.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this powder!! Its my HG setting powder. Its a bit pricey but a lot comes in a jar and you only need a little bit. The packaging gets a bit messy. Since i dont have a large paddle brush, i use a small kabuki brush and it works great. My makeup doesnt move with this stuff..

on 5/6/2010 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It really is amazing. It really does make my makeup look flawless... I wear it over my select concealer (NC50) and MSF natural in dark and it looks great. I would recommend this to anyone. I spray a bit of fix plus over the top and I'm ready to go.
My only issue is the packaging; the number of times I've opened it and it's gone everywhere is ridiculous so Mac could improve on that. It is slightly pricey but I'm not surprised considering it is MAC, it is worth the price though. One of my makeup must haves. x

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was debating over the MUFE HD powder or the Laura Mercier powder, but i'm so glad i went for this one. It really does go on translucent and doesn't leave a white cast on my face, in real life or in photographs. I use it to set my concealer and foundation and it does that very well. I also use it even if i'm not wearing any concealer or foundation, i find that it just makes my skin feel a lot smoother, keeps it matte for pretty much the whole day and gives my face a more 'soft focus' kind of look.

Of course, when applied over dry and flaky skin, which i do have, it will make the skin look even drier and scaly. But what do you expect when you put powder over flaky skin, pretty much all powder will make it look worse.

Overall, its a great setting powder and just an all over powder, love it and will be my holy grail translucent powder. Not even interested in trying other brands because it's that good, my search is over :)

I love the finish this product gives. It sets liquid foundation really well. I definitely believe it was worth the money.