MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.2

Mac prep and prime transparent Loose Powder is good compared to pressed compact powder. Loose powder gives the face the effect of clear skin concealing pores but we should be aware that it photographs like ghost face when applied heavily. Ahhh I photographed in an occasion like ghost but for HD videos it captures us very beautifully. I like Mac CC loose powders than transparent powder as it has little tint of colour to it and acts as good skin corrector too based on our skin issues. I love Mac CC loose powder in adjust shade, it brightens our face. This transparent powder won't work well for dark skin and light skin too. As it contains silica it blurs pores and give clear looking soft face. It helps in absorbing oil for oily skin when used for touch ups. Dry skin girls, be aware of using it gently as it accentuates dry spots. Powder flies when fan is on, switch off fan and apply loose powder. Mac loose powder is costly compared to quantity it contains. It finishes soon to buy another. Other brands too have good loose powder in this price but with more quantity. Finally it is an nice product but costly. My recommendation is to buy prep and prime loose powder when we are confused in choosing correct shade for our skin.

on 4/19/2016 4:06:00 AM

This powder did not break me out.

It definitely mattifies. Mattifies too much in fact. I'm quite oily especially in the t-zone. I certainly don't want to look greasy but I also don't want to look so matte that there's ZERO natural shine or luminosity to my face. This is not a flattering powder. This makes me look old and eliminates any youthful glow to my skin, not that my skin is perfect or anything, it's so far from that.

I don't understand the hype and rave reviews. If you want natural looking makeup or dewy finish, don't go for this.

I bought this to set my foundation and it does just that, it really made it stay in place. But I'm not huge fan of powders so I don't use it every day, only when I feel like it. The only thing I REALLY hate about this product is the packaging. I hate loose powders. It gets messy and I feel like a lot of it comes out and it is a wate of product for me. They do make a pressed powder in this which would be better for me, but I haven't made the effort to go get it yet. But the price isn't that bad in my opinion, compared to others.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After seeing various make up artists use this powder, I decided to purchase it and give it a go.
-The amount of product is not worth the price. But, a little goes a long way so at least I'll be getting my money's worth.
-I love that it is translucent but it makes my face look slightly pale.
-I love that it applies smoothly and gives yours skin a silky finish.
-It keeps my oily skin under control and helps my foundation stay on longer.
-Does not work well with flash photos.
Despite all the positive, I would not be repurchasing this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You only need a small amount so the product should last a long time, makes the skin look smooth and mattifies the skin for a long time, best loose finishing powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder does what it's supposed to - works wonderful with all foundations I've tried. My face stays matte and smooth all day, and I don't feel the need to reapply during the day. It does not show off as a white cast, something I've struggled with when it comes to other transparent powders.I prefer the pressed powder over the loose one, basically because I feel like you get more control of the amount of product. I've repurchased this twice and I'm going to keep repurchasing it.

on 9/30/2013 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After all the hype about this product I thought I'd go for it and order it from MAC. At first I thought it was a waste of money and did nothing for me, however, I was so wrong! It's keeps makeup on longer and adds soft focus to the face. I'm glad I have tried it but will probably will try Make Up Forevers HD powder once this runs outs.

on 7/8/2012 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The powder was really fine that my skin looked super soft and flawless after applying, though this also meant that the powder easily blew off when I opened the casing. The holes in the case were too large compared to the particles that it wastes a lot of the product when I tap the excess powder off my powder brush. It didn't leave a tell-tale white cast on my skin, which was great, but it made my sensitive skin feel a bit itchy. I use this occassionally for my "oily skin days" as I can go up to six hours without needing any oil blotting papers when I use this. I probably won't be buying this since baby powder does a decent job of setting my makeup and controlling the oil without the itchiness and at under a quarter of the price!

on 6/25/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I have mixed feelings about this product. I purchased the press powder and must I say, I love the packaging, it has a cute little mirror too. After applying this on my foundation, I set extremely well and left my face feeling amazing and looking flawless. It's so gentle on my skin and it great to wear during the day. Though even with little application of it, it wasn't the best for flash photography as it did indeed leave a white cast on my face which look, as you can tell, pareeety scary. So again it was great on skin, felt great, looked good during the day but when it came to taking photos at night, well that was a different story. Going to try Laura Mercier's or going to try MAC careblend at night.

on 6/14/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This minimizes pores, sucks out every bit of oil, keeps a matte finish on my face all day long, and is transparent. It really does make my foundation and concealer last much longer than it normally would with a drugstore powder. I love this powder!