MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.4

This product was not worth the hype. No matter how little used, and with brush/puff/sponge, this product causes a white chalky texture/sheen on my skin, no matter what. Terrible product. I tried to like it. Will not purchase again

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Worst powder I've used!
Yes it does get rid of shine but looks TERRIBLE WITH FLASH PHOTOGRAPHS.
You'll look all grey and white even with the tiniest amount.
Total waste of money!
Bottom line: you'll regret buying this, I assure you.

on 2/4/2010 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The corn starch broke me out and the powder looked unflattering on my skin. Not for me.

Made me break out horribly. Took me a while to figure out what the culprit was because I didn't think it could be this powder. But after eliminating it from my routine, my skin cleared. I also really didn't care much for the finish. I have never used a finishing powder before, but was curious to see the results. Made my skin feel very smooth, but visually there was no difference. and definitely not worth the extra pimples.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Bought this on a whim last year when searching for a decent translucent powder.

Pros:
- quite good at setting your makeup.
- price isn't too bad compared to the costs of other high-end powders.
- does make my skin look more smoothed out.
- has lasted me almost a year!

Cons:
- not too keen on the packaging. Had to take the sifter out in order to get to product that had gotten stuck around the sides.
- doesn't leave a white cast on your face that you can physically see. However, it's a bit noticeable in flash photography. It's good to use in the daytime but not on a night out or when you're at an event where people will be taking pictures.
- not that great on my oily skin, face starts to get shiny after about 3-4 hours. I find it need to use another powder as well as this to make my face makeup last all day. I think this is better suited to people with normal skin.

I used all of the product and did like it a little. However not enough to repurchase - I am still on the hunt for a decent translucent power.

on 3/11/2015 5:43:00 AM

Perfect powder for setting my foundation! Soft, light and velvety, applies smoothly and the overall finish doesn't cake or feel heavy. No complaints for basic everyday use :-) However... I will only use this powder for daytime wear to work, as it helps my foundation last throughout the day. For all the other times (nights out/special occasions) I avoid this product completely. Flash photography will leave you with a ghostly white flashback face :-( which is a real shame as this is actually a really good powder. Apart from this one flaw I have found, I would still recommend this product to anyone looking for a good finishing powder as it does the job and it is perfect for daytime wear! Just beware of the flash ;-) xo

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got this from a friend who works for MAC and wanted me to try it out. I like this stuff enough, it's a simple loose powder that I use to set my liquid foundation. I alternate between this, MUFE HD powder and MAC blot (used w/kabuki). The packaging is really annoying when you travel.... the powder will go everywhere, so use scotch tape to cover the holes. I actually like it more than MUFE HD, esp if you are taking pictures - it doesn't leave a white cast. I don't know if I'd actually purchase it on my own, maybe after I finish it and the MUFE.

on 7/22/2010 8:47:00 AM

Despite some outstanding reviews, this product just didn't do it for me. I was really hoping for it to take my "keeping the oilies away" routine on a complete new level. Yes, it does undoubtedly help to make your skin more matte (at the cost of making you look and feel like a pastry chef all covered in flour head to toe). I tried my best to discover its "setting make-up properties", but no luck there. I gave it another go today - it is hot hot hot outside and I thought that it is a perfect day to test a product like that. Well guess what, my skin has become oily within 2 hours from applying the powder. Mind you, I didn't leave the house or do any exercise.

on 6/22/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is OK...nothing special. I had high expectations based on the MA's praise of this product, but found it wasn't all that helpful setting my makeup on my oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

first of all, when i got the product i was surprised by how small it was. for the price, it was not comparable. but anyway, i was sick of my makeup fading off and i think my new foundation (clinique even better) and this powder helped immensely. the only thing is that this isn't as transparent as it should be, it goes on kinda white. so if you have darker skin, this could look ashy. this and mac's matte keeps me shine-free for longer, as opposed to mac's matte alone, but i still get greasy after about 4 hours.