MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate

4.8

on 3/13/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this shade, even though it can be a little difficult to work with. It's my go-to crease shade. On my NW45 skin tone, this makes such a lovely crease shade for me. The warmth in swiss chocolate adds great depth without being too dark and harsh or light and non-existant.

Swiss chocolate is somewhat dry and can go on a little patchy, but it's not extreme. This shadow just takes a little extra building and blending.

on 4/8/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Nice brownish red color. The brown pulls more than the red on me. I use it often as I'm a fan of warm neutral eye looks. I initially bought it to pair with Macs blue brown pigment. Looks great. Will definitely repurchase

on 12/24/2013 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

This is my go to transition color. I can't even imagine doing eyeshadow looks without it.

on 2/18/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my favorite crease color for my skin tone (NC50) and it goes well with most of my MAC brown shades. It goes well with Romp (now discontinued) and Tempting. It blends out nicely and when I wear it with Romp it literally looks like the color of a chocolate bar. It isn't too dark or too red. It is perfect and it is a shade that I would buy time and time again.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a great crease color. It's a softer crease color for me, but I love it. It's perfect for everyday use. I usually will put on groundwork paint point with this in the crease and that's it. I love to use this in the crease with Naked pigment on the lid and as a highlight. I'm an NW45 in MAC, for reference.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Swiss chocolate is a brown with definite red undertones that show through on my NC 50-55 skintone. I use this as a crease color. This is a great staple shade.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I tend to use this as a crease color since I am a darker WOC and I LOVE this shade. It's not too much yet just enough in the crease. It warms up the eye in my opinion, I'm happy I purchased this.

on 12/28/2008 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the most gorgeous yet underrated brown shades MAC has to offer. I am so in love with it that I've been using it on everyone that comes to my counter for a polished look, and I have personally been wearing a lot lately and plan on purchasing a backup. The texture is super creamy and easy to work with. On lighter/paler skintones you have to be very careful as it will show up quite dark. On everyone else from medium to dark to deeper skintones this shows up amazingly well as a lid or crease color. I am an NC45 and this shows up quite well on my crease. One of my favorite combos is Brule as an all over wash, Naked Lunch, and Swiss Chocolate on crease and concentrated on outer V for a more exotic look. I also think this color is truly unique...it is not quite brown but has some sort of muted red undertones (which is great because on the skin it shows NO red whatsoever) that makes it work for practically any skintone. Gals who love browns and neutrals...THIS IS A MUST-HAVE.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A wonderful crease color...I keep this in my 4 pan palete for everyday use ( I don't wear shadow everyday but this is a wonderful go to matte chocolate w red undertones and I like to have it handy) It's a color you really cant go wrong with. A great staple!