MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

on 4/21/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use brown eyeshadow for my everyday eye makeup look and I purchased this on a whim while browsing the MAC counter. It's a red toned matte brown shadow that lasts throughout the day even when I don't use primer. Very smooth and velvety, minimal fallout, easy to blend. I like to smudge this on my top and bottom lash line, slightly winging it out, then running MAC's Teddy eyeliner over it. Using these together brings out the brown in my eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

For everyday, I don't like to use any shimmer. I prefer a matte look. So what I do is I use brûlée all over my lid up to the brow bone, soft brown on the lid and crease, Swiss chocolate to deepen the crease and then espresso in the outer-v to add more dimension. It's beautiful for brown eyes and all this put together looks amazing for everyday since it's not an extremely heavy smokey eye. It's a great transition colour!

on 5/14/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don't think I need to say more more to describe this color since so many other reviewers have commented on that already, but i must say that I wish I wouldnt have waitied to buy this color for so long. I have many MAC browns and the MUA at the counter told me to not get it since i had so many other, so for a long time I ignored this shadow. On a whim, I recently bought it and boy am I glad since it's become my favorite daily crease color. it's a warm midtone brown that goes great with a wide range of lid colors (neutrals and even with bright blue and greens)...i used saddle alot before and also embark, and find that this colors depth is in between these two making it noticeable and not too dark for day wear. love it!

on 3/1/2011 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Can't believe it has taken me so long to buy this shade. I love red toned browns in a smoky eye so this is perfect. also looked great as a really subtle crease shade with stila kitten for a more natural but polished look

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This brown has a hint of red, and it really warms up your eyes, it's a perfect color for any season, and it's practically universal, as I can use it as a crease color with just about anything. This is a definite staple. Will definitely buy again.

on 7/11/2009 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I wear this with blanc type all over my lid, swiss chocolate in my outer corner and crease, and vanilla on my lid. I love this combination for an everyday look and get compliments on it. It's really subtle and natural look which I love. I will be buying this over and over.

Video Reviews & Tutorials