MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by hair type : Curly
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.8

on 5/6/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Use to use this colour a lot.. but not so much nowadays. Makes a great crease/transition colour. Deep orange brown colour, good colour payoff. I can see this being popular as a staple colour. Lot of copy cat colours out there...

on 5/21/2014 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Swiss Chocolate is another one of my staple MAC eyeshadows that I use almost everytime I pull out my MAC palettes. It is the perfect matte medium warm brown with just enough red in it. Used lightly, it can be used as a transition shade or more heavily as a crease or outer V color. I love this shade smudged on my bottom lash line as well as it's not too dark and blends well with other shades. I'm an NC 20 with green eyes for reference.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

rarely get excited about eyeshadows, i am about this.
rich, matte chocolate brown with red undertones as has been said before.
but this is a truly beautiful brown, because the redness in this preserves this warm, chocolatey vibrant colour with a slight hint of burgundy. whereas some other browns can get very grey once applied. also because this is a matte; the colour performs even better because there is no shimmer to reflect any light onto it. this is also really buildable and blendable, so you can get pretty much any look you want with this. this also makes an interesting liner thanks to again, the matte formula.

i'm wearing this today in my crease with Grain on the lid.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

HG brown! After dying my naturally red hair brunette, I noticed that the new color didn't flatter my green eyes as much. (The color didn't flatter any of my other features either - lesson learned). Having read here that this shadow really brings out the blues and greens in people's eyes, I picked up Swiss Chocolate at my Mac counter a few days ago without even swatching it. I am in love. It is beautiful - silky and creamy, and can be applied as either a light wash of color or darkened enough to use in the outside corner of a smoky look. The shadow name is spot on - it's a warm brown with red undertones that looks like melted swiss chocolate. This is a great color to use under the lash line, because unlike cooler (blue or grey-based browns), this won't make you look tired or even worse, bruised. I was rushed this morning and wore a light wash of it on my lids and darkened it in the crease, blending it into Shroom under my brows - fast, easy and it made my eye color look intense.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A rich matte reddish brown, its a great crease color and works with a variety of colors. A good staple color for warm tones and lovers of all shadows brown :)

on 12/28/2008 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the most gorgeous yet underrated brown shades MAC has to offer. I am so in love with it that I've been using it on everyone that comes to my counter for a polished look, and I have personally been wearing a lot lately and plan on purchasing a backup. The texture is super creamy and easy to work with. On lighter/paler skintones you have to be very careful as it will show up quite dark. On everyone else from medium to dark to deeper skintones this shows up amazingly well as a lid or crease color. I am an NC45 and this shows up quite well on my crease. One of my favorite combos is Brule as an all over wash, Naked Lunch, and Swiss Chocolate on crease and concentrated on outer V for a more exotic look. I also think this color is truly unique...it is not quite brown but has some sort of muted red undertones (which is great because on the skin it shows NO red whatsoever) that makes it work for practically any skintone. Gals who love browns and neutrals...THIS IS A MUST-HAVE.