MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.8

on 1/8/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this eyeshadow. It's the first one ever that I bought thanks to a video Pixiwoo made quite sometime ago. I find it very pigmented, and its staying power is very long. No fall outs as well. The packaging is also nice. However, I found that that it is a little bit difficult to blend. Maybe its just me? Price wise, it is a little pricey, but it is a good product. Won't repurchase just because its not as nice to blend compared to what I have in my Inglot palette.

on 6/20/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

FYI, i'm a matchmaster 2-3, warm/medium skin tone. I bought this on recommendation of a work colleague who said i should try more bronze shades. Prior I have used quarry, shale & haux. This is a beautiful matte reddish brown. It comes out less red on my skin than the pan throws up. I use layin low pro longwear as a base applied with my middle finger. Then using a 217 pack swiss chocolate on my lid/crease, then use a 239 to line under my lower lash with swiss chocolate, then use a 224 to apply Always Sunny pro longwear shadow from crease to brow (outer corner 1/3 in) and blend, blend, blend. Swiss chocolate is easy to blend to pack it on for a sheer finish or for an intense, dense smokey look. I'd recommend it for any warm skin tone. I have blue eyes & blond hair & it really makes my eyes pop. Buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Omg love it! This is a brown with a red undertone if that's what you call it and it beautiful i love love love to wear this with charcoal brown in the crease and some liner! ( perfection ) it's perfect for the crease! Will repurchase if mine ever runs out seen as though they last forever.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Matte reddish/brown/purple color. I love using this color alone in the crease or blending it in crease with bronzy colors for a smoky look that's suitable for day. very pigmented and smooth. Not sure if other people have this problem, but everytime I dip my brush, powder flies everywhere but I have No problem with fallout on my face. Lovely color. Def would repurchase!

on 2/18/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my favorite crease color for my skin tone (NC50) and it goes well with most of my MAC brown shades. It goes well with Romp (now discontinued) and Tempting. It blends out nicely and when I wear it with Romp it literally looks like the color of a chocolate bar. It isn't too dark or too red. It is perfect and it is a shade that I would buy time and time again.

on 1/24/2011 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a really lovely warm chocolate mid-brown. Silky and blendable. Looks lovely with blue eyes, really makes them pop. My favorite crease shadow!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Likely my favorite MAC shadow of all time! I simply adore Swiss Chocolate. Yes, it's simple and "boring," but I use this almost everyday! This shade is essential, a "go-to" color for sure. I LOVE the texture/finish. I wish MAC would introduce some of their PRO mattes into the permanent line. I'd probably die of happiness. To keep it brief, yes, I'd repurchase in a heartbeat, and I'll probably hit pan on this stuff before I know it.

on 12/28/2008 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the most gorgeous yet underrated brown shades MAC has to offer. I am so in love with it that I've been using it on everyone that comes to my counter for a polished look, and I have personally been wearing a lot lately and plan on purchasing a backup. The texture is super creamy and easy to work with. On lighter/paler skintones you have to be very careful as it will show up quite dark. On everyone else from medium to dark to deeper skintones this shows up amazingly well as a lid or crease color. I am an NC45 and this shows up quite well on my crease. One of my favorite combos is Brule as an all over wash, Naked Lunch, and Swiss Chocolate on crease and concentrated on outer V for a more exotic look. I also think this color is truly unique...it is not quite brown but has some sort of muted red undertones (which is great because on the skin it shows NO red whatsoever) that makes it work for practically any skintone. Gals who love browns and neutrals...THIS IS A MUST-HAVE.

on 3/31/2003 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my first MAC eyeshadows. As I love brown and bronze e/s my MAC MA suggested this and I got it with Ricepaper and Texture. Just as its name suggests, it looks like chocolate, milk chocolate, brown with hints of red. It is matte (which is why I couldn't give it full marks) lasts the whole day, great either as a crease color, with ricepaper or shroom, or as a liner.