MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate

MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate
MAC palletteMAC swatches

4.6

on 1/6/2017 6:59:00 PM

I've been on a warm brown kick lately so I decided to add this shade to my collection. It's smooth and pigmented like pretty much all of MAC's mattes are. Looks nice with green/blue eyes.

on 4/8/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Nice brownish red color. The brown pulls more than the red on me. I use it often as I'm a fan of warm neutral eye looks. I initially bought it to pair with Macs blue brown pigment. Looks great. Will definitely repurchase

on 3/2/2015 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous red brown. The idea of a red brown seemed a little scary as I thought it would make me look sick or tired, but this is pure magic :) Warms up, wakens, and brings life to the eyes in such a flattering way. It's medium to dark and can be applied lightly or built up. I use it in the crease or outer V in so many different color combinations. It's amazing how well it works with other shades. Although it's matte, it's not at all dry. I find this color to be one of the best mattes from MAC (they can be hit or miss) - it's creamy, blendable, and very well pigmented.

on 3/20/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is one of my staple shadows. I don't have too many MAC products since I'm a bit on a budget but this is something I always want to have one hand!

-beautiful reddish brown shade. Totally matte.
-Very smooth and soft. Not chalky, no fallout, very easy to blend and apply.
-I have very dark brown eyes. the reddish undertone in this shadow really brings out the honey in my eyes and makes them stand out and look lighter.
-the price is 15 dollars which is a bit much for an eyeshadow but the quality is totally worth it.
- my go-to look is woodwinked all over the lid, swiss chocolate in my crease and nyx highlight on the browbone!

Will continue to buy this shadow and would recommend it to everyone!

on 7/14/2012 7:39:00 PM

My go-to color. Very blendable, and the red tone does not dominate, nor is it a muddy brown.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this! I have a few Mac eyeshadows and this is my fave by far! I apply it lightly in my crease with shroom, yoghurt or ricepaper for a day look and heavier with goldmine and crystal avalanche for evening (I sometimes swap Swiss chocolate for carbon if I'm going for a black smokey look combined with shroom and crystal avalanche) but it is still my go to crease color for 90% of my looks!
Makes my blue eyes pop to! Would highly recommend this brown for anyone's collection, definately an HG for me :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been on a mission for the last several months to try and find the perfect dark brown. I have this issue that a lot of brown eyeshadows turn gray or black on me. I've learned I have to be careful with cool undertones. I have a Carmindy one that looks lovely and bronzy but when I put it on, it turns this wierd gray color.
Anyway, I got embark, but I didn't like the texture-too hard to blend-and it was a little too dark for me. I tried Handwritten, but it ended up looking dusty and grayish on me. I tried Mulch, a cult favorite, and it turned muddy gray/black on me. I finally got Swiss Chocolate and it's perfect. It's less red than Corduroy (even though it looks more red in the pan). On me it's the perfect true chocolate brown, and the texture is perfect. It blends well and you can build it easily. I'm sure it's too red on a lot of people, but if you have the same weird "browns turning gray" issue that I have, try it!
I wore it today with Arena (another recent amazing discovery) on the lid, Swiss Chocolate in the crease, and Gesso on the lid (yes, I am so pale that Gesso looks natural on me).
Lately I've found the Swiss chocolate can have purplish cast to it depending on what you pair it with so it's a great brown for purple looks. I love it more every time I use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Beautiful red toned matte brown shade which I actually thought looked quite boring in the pan but looks really good on. It's incredibly versatile too, I use it frequently for neutral day looks in the outer v/crease with Naked Lunch or Vanilla or even for a smoky eye (when I'm bored of the standard black). Even though it looks like 'just a brown' you will probably find yourself using this more than you think.

on 10/7/2009 2:14:00 PM

This is a great matte brown that could find a home in anyone's collection. It may not be exciting to buy a brown color, but for me it's the PERFECT brown and I reach for it over and over again to go in the crease, regardless of what shade I have on as the lid color. It has a reddish undertone to it and it makes my green eyes POP. Love that its matte.

on 1/27/2008 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have gone back and forth about Swiss Chocolate for a long time. I typically would use it as a crease shade, and there are some problems I have with that. For one, it's very red in tone. For another, it's very hard to blend, and for a third, it's a bit too dark for a crease shade for me. So this turns out to be a "no" for me. I did like the way it would bring out my brown eyes, though. I think if you have darker skin than me (I am very fair), it may work better. Also if you have red tones in your hair you may like this. Just really couldn't get this to work very well for me.