MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.7

on 3/13/2017 1:38:00 PM

This very pigmented eyeshadow is perfect for crease area. It blends well. Color is like reddish mid-brown. Brush application is better than finger application (for all mac eyeshadows).

on 3/13/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this shade, even though it can be a little difficult to work with. It's my go-to crease shade. On my NW45 skin tone, this makes such a lovely crease shade for me. The warmth in swiss chocolate adds great depth without being too dark and harsh or light and non-existant.

Swiss chocolate is somewhat dry and can go on a little patchy, but it's not extreme. This shadow just takes a little extra building and blending.

on 1/16/2016 7:03:00 AM

Swiss chocolate is a nice matte medium brown with red undertones shade. It's a good staple color because it flatters most people. I am pale and I don't find this too dark on me. I like that I can build the color and it blends nicely with other colors.

on 4/21/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use brown eyeshadow for my everyday eye makeup look and I purchased this on a whim while browsing the MAC counter. It's a red toned matte brown shadow that lasts throughout the day even when I don't use primer. Very smooth and velvety, minimal fallout, easy to blend. I like to smudge this on my top and bottom lash line, slightly winging it out, then running MAC's Teddy eyeliner over it. Using these together brings out the brown in my eyes.

on 5/21/2014 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Swiss Chocolate is another one of my staple MAC eyeshadows that I use almost everytime I pull out my MAC palettes. It is the perfect matte medium warm brown with just enough red in it. Used lightly, it can be used as a transition shade or more heavily as a crease or outer V color. I love this shade smudged on my bottom lash line as well as it's not too dark and blends well with other shades. I'm an NC 20 with green eyes for reference.

on 5/10/2014 12:46:00 PM

I bought Swiss Chocolate along with a few other pans and I didn't find myself reaching for it as much as the others but recently I started playing around with it and I have to say it's a really pretty red-brown color. Today I'm using Brule all over, Soft Brown as my transition, Swiss Chocolate for my outter v (blended with Bamboo) and Ricepaper for my inner corner. I'm extrememly warm toned (no neutrailizing mac shades here...C3 is my shade) so I can't speak to it working for cooler shaded women but I wouldn't imagine it would. Also, this was bought during my "eyeshadows that make brown eyes pop" phase and it truly does bring out beautiful flecks in my brown eyes which is not an easy feat.

Update 4/2016: I've worn this the last couple of days and I'm back in love with it. I don't know what it is about Swiss Chocolate in the pot that doesn't have me reaching for it for months at a time but it is really pretty on. If you're warm toned and on the fence about this color because of the way it looks in the pot, give it a try...you won't be sorry.

This is a really good evening eye shadow for me. It's a little bit too dark for wearing just day to day, but when I'm going out to the club or to a fancy restaurant, I like to wear this when I wear my favorite brown dress. It matches perfectly. It's a brownish red and when it's applied it goes on really smoothly and is easy to blend. Of course, I love all of MAC's products, but I just wish I could get them for cheaper!

on 7/17/2013 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

my FAVORITE MAC eyeshadow!!! this color is absolutely gorgeous on any skin-tone, particularly my NC40-42 skin. it shows up so well - a warm almost deep brown. you can pack it on to your entire lid for a dark night time look or you can use it in your outer crease to deepen any smokey eye look. I use this almost everyday and have already bought my 3rd pan. I would absolutely recommend anyone to buy this. being a makeup artist, I have used this color from the lightest to the deepest skin tones and it never fails. for deeper skin tones it looks gorgeous all over the crease.

if you want to see a demonstration of how to use this I have a 3 minute makeup tutorial linked below that you can check out. I've combined swiss chocolate with a variety of other eyeshadows to create a smokey eye. Check it out if you like :)

Very pretty warm brown with red undertones. If you have green eyes this color will make them pop, guaranteed. I love this color and would say it's my favorite and I have tried many a Mac eye shadow. I have medium skin with pink tones and brown hair and this shadow works perfectly with my coloring. I use it all over the lid and in the crease, a little bit for liner under the eyes. Add some mascara and my eyes look like they are jade colored. I have hooded lids and look tired all the time but this color brings them to life. The first time I wore this shadow my seven year old noticed something was different (and I wear make-up all the time) and told me, "Mommy, you look really pretty." She doesn't say that too often! This really is a color that will make you look different than you usually do. Trans-formative eye shadow :) I swear by this for green eyed girls.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This color is so beautiful. It is very heavy on the reddish tinge, but it still looks flattering on. When I don't want any shimmer in my crease, I always use this. It blends very effortlessly, which is why I'm giving it a five. The red undertones bring out the green in my eyes.