MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.7

on 1/6/2017 6:59:00 PM

I've been on a warm brown kick lately so I decided to add this shade to my collection. It's smooth and pigmented like pretty much all of MAC's mattes are. Looks nice with green/blue eyes.

on 1/16/2016 7:03:00 AM

Swiss chocolate is a nice matte medium brown with red undertones shade. It's a good staple color because it flatters most people. I am pale and I don't find this too dark on me. I like that I can build the color and it blends nicely with other colors.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a colour that you easily pass by without even noticing it. I have had this for a long time and I can assure you that the eyes have never looked that warm and flattering with this colour. It has strong red undertones, something that I was fully aware when I bought this because I needed a reddish brown in my collection and Swiss Chocolate definitely filled that gap. It's really nice in the crease and for an all over colour. It's not too dark, neither too light, it's just right. One of mac's best!
I definitely recommend it to those who love warm brown eyeshadows with strong reddish undertones.
Lastly, the name of it; "Swiss Chocolate", it doesn't get any better than that right? How much I love that name just adds to the allure of the eyeshadow itself!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this eyeshadow on a complete whim! I went in to mac to get "All that Glitters" and when my mac girl told me it was cheaper to get it in the pan and put it in one of the little duo palettes I thought well now I have room for one more! The mac girl suggested "Swiss Chocolate" and I am so glad she did!
It is just a gorgeous rich brown with red undertones (and it actually works really well with ATG, and together they really bring out my green eyes). It's my new favourite crease colour as it can be put on really opaque or blended out and look lovely and soft.

on 5/21/2014 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Swiss Chocolate is another one of my staple MAC eyeshadows that I use almost everytime I pull out my MAC palettes. It is the perfect matte medium warm brown with just enough red in it. Used lightly, it can be used as a transition shade or more heavily as a crease or outer V color. I love this shade smudged on my bottom lash line as well as it's not too dark and blends well with other shades. I'm an NC 20 with green eyes for reference.

This is a really good evening eye shadow for me. It's a little bit too dark for wearing just day to day, but when I'm going out to the club or to a fancy restaurant, I like to wear this when I wear my favorite brown dress. It matches perfectly. It's a brownish red and when it's applied it goes on really smoothly and is easy to blend. Of course, I love all of MAC's products, but I just wish I could get them for cheaper!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Omg love it! This is a brown with a red undertone if that's what you call it and it beautiful i love love love to wear this with charcoal brown in the crease and some liner! ( perfection ) it's perfect for the crease! Will repurchase if mine ever runs out seen as though they last forever.

I love this eyeshadow! It is a warm tone reddish brown. I use it on the outer corner of my eye, in my crease and on my lower lash line. It is easy to blend unlike some matte eyeshadows and I find it really makes green eyes pop! I will definitely buy it again when I run out.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This color is so beautiful. It is very heavy on the reddish tinge, but it still looks flattering on. When I don't want any shimmer in my crease, I always use this. It blends very effortlessly, which is why I'm giving it a five. The red undertones bring out the green in my eyes.

on 2/19/2012 12:34:00 PM

I found this colour too warm for me (NW20 with green eyes) and couldn't work with the red tones. The pigmentation and wear were good though.