MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.7

I got this (brule, Brun, Swiss chocolate & wedge) in pro pans w an empty 4 pan palette for $32 (alternative to my coveted Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage which I ended up getting anyways) TF$ = $85 & MAC = $32 so quite a difference. Swiss choc is a reddish brown too red for my brows but I use it in the outer V/crease as on me it's dark enough on me. Great color I will always rebuy. My quad I made I'm v happy with it it's like UD Naked palette abbreviated edition lol this is so pigmented zero fall out just awesome xx

BEAUTIFUL. The name and colour make me want to eat it. I really needed this sort of brown in my collection. I love Brown Script (reminds me of the Australian desert) but it is too warm and red to go with some of my shadows.
Swiss Chocolate is superb, still warm but less red. A lovely, warm, edible brown colour which looks great with Amber Lights, Woodwinked, All That Glitters and you name it. I love this neutral brown, and it really makes my blue eyes twinkle. I am NW15 in Winter and NC25 in Summer for reference.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am around NC50 and this is my go to crease color when I wear a bright color on my lids I brought it on the recommendation of Scandalous beauty from youtube. This is a very warm color seems to have some red in it but it works for my cool skintone great color for WOC's to have in their collections.

STAPLE STAPLE STAPLE, this on the crease and vanilla on the lid and brow bone and I am ready for anything. PERFECT!

on 6/18/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

great for the crease and bottom lid. mattes are the best for the crease since it gives better perception of depth.
idk, matte browns are never really fun to shop for or to review. it's a true brown that is, what i consider to be, an essential in anyone's makeup kit.

on 2/10/2008 4:21:00 PM

Pair with Yogurt (highlighter) and haux (on lid), using swiss chocolate as a smokey liner all around eye and you get a smashing smokey eye for daytime...very sexy, and really wakes up green eyes. While a brown shadow may seem boring, sexy eyes are never boring and this color does it perfectly and effortlessly.

on 6/29/2006 11:27:00 AM

I went into the MAC store looking for something matte-ish to wear in the crease with Sable. The MA name a couple of other shadow but I already owned them and then she said 'Swiss Chocolate' and swiped it and Sable on my arm together. I was sold. This shadow does not disappoint and I am also able to work it in with other shadows and combo and it flows quite nicely. Do not let the red tones in the pan sway you from this. It is gorgeous applied. MAC site describes this as 'muted reddish brown' and I would describe it exactly as it's named...smooth (easy to blend and apply unlike alot of MAC's other matte shadows)...swiss...chocolate. :D

This is a great midtoned warm shade that just as easily defines the crease as it does to take some intensity away from far darker shadows, such as MAC Embark, and make them wearable. I would definately consider buying this shade again. For the record, I'm a DDD (MAC C7) and I purchased this in pro palette form for $10USD.

on 4/29/2004 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Reddish-brown, matte, and is a nice change than the typically flat dark brown (which i still like). I love this in the outer corners!!

on 3/31/2003 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my first MAC eyeshadows. As I love brown and bronze e/s my MAC MA suggested this and I got it with Ricepaper and Texture. Just as its name suggests, it looks like chocolate, milk chocolate, brown with hints of red. It is matte (which is why I couldn't give it full marks) lasts the whole day, great either as a crease color, with ricepaper or shroom, or as a liner.

on 1/27/2003 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a dark brown matte color that looks good when used as a liner with Vex, Cloud, Venus....or just about any light shade.