MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.7

I got this (brule, Brun, Swiss chocolate & wedge) in pro pans w an empty 4 pan palette for $32 (alternative to my coveted Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage which I ended up getting anyways) TF$ = $85 & MAC = $32 so quite a difference. Swiss choc is a reddish brown too red for my brows but I use it in the outer V/crease as on me it's dark enough on me. Great color I will always rebuy. My quad I made I'm v happy with it it's like UD Naked palette abbreviated edition lol this is so pigmented zero fall out just awesome xx

on 3/13/2017 1:38:00 PM

This very pigmented eyeshadow is perfect for crease area. It blends well. Color is like reddish mid-brown. Brush application is better than finger application (for all mac eyeshadows).

on 1/6/2017 6:59:00 PM

I've been on a warm brown kick lately so I decided to add this shade to my collection. It's smooth and pigmented like pretty much all of MAC's mattes are. Looks nice with green/blue eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a colour that you easily pass by without even noticing it. I have had this for a long time and I can assure you that the eyes have never looked that warm and flattering with this colour. It has strong red undertones, something that I was fully aware when I bought this because I needed a reddish brown in my collection and Swiss Chocolate definitely filled that gap. It's really nice in the crease and for an all over colour. It's not too dark, neither too light, it's just right. One of mac's best!
I definitely recommend it to those who love warm brown eyeshadows with strong reddish undertones.
Lastly, the name of it; "Swiss Chocolate", it doesn't get any better than that right? How much I love that name just adds to the allure of the eyeshadow itself!

on 6/20/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

FYI, i'm a matchmaster 2-3, warm/medium skin tone. I bought this on recommendation of a work colleague who said i should try more bronze shades. Prior I have used quarry, shale & haux. This is a beautiful matte reddish brown. It comes out less red on my skin than the pan throws up. I use layin low pro longwear as a base applied with my middle finger. Then using a 217 pack swiss chocolate on my lid/crease, then use a 239 to line under my lower lash with swiss chocolate, then use a 224 to apply Always Sunny pro longwear shadow from crease to brow (outer corner 1/3 in) and blend, blend, blend. Swiss chocolate is easy to blend to pack it on for a sheer finish or for an intense, dense smokey look. I'd recommend it for any warm skin tone. I have blue eyes & blond hair & it really makes my eyes pop. Buy it.

on 4/21/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use brown eyeshadow for my everyday eye makeup look and I purchased this on a whim while browsing the MAC counter. It's a red toned matte brown shadow that lasts throughout the day even when I don't use primer. Very smooth and velvety, minimal fallout, easy to blend. I like to smudge this on my top and bottom lash line, slightly winging it out, then running MAC's Teddy eyeliner over it. Using these together brings out the brown in my eyes.

on 4/14/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE!! green eyed girls out there THIS will be your new best friend. It's just amazing! So easy to blend aswell and goes with literally any lip colour, for a really natural day I literally just apply top mascara and sweep some of this under my lower lid with a slanted eyebrow brush then apply mascara to my bottom lashes and it just warms up my eyes in the most natural way. Highly recommended, the only downside to this is the packaging, I had to reorder after my pot kept coming apart and then the whole thing smashed. But the product & colour itself I can't fault. 5 lippies!

on 3/2/2015 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous red brown. The idea of a red brown seemed a little scary as I thought it would make me look sick or tired, but this is pure magic :) Warms up, wakens, and brings life to the eyes in such a flattering way. It's medium to dark and can be applied lightly or built up. I use it in the crease or outer V in so many different color combinations. It's amazing how well it works with other shades. Although it's matte, it's not at all dry. I find this color to be one of the best mattes from MAC (they can be hit or miss) - it's creamy, blendable, and very well pigmented.

on 2/20/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A dark, very warm(red undertones), matte, brown. This is one of my most used eyeshadows because it can be used for everyday or more dramatic looks. My favorite way to apply this is on the outer V or crease. I have black-brown eyes and this brings out the warmth in my eyes, enhances and makes my eyes look bigger. This is a must have brown eyeshadow! NC40-42 for reference.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this eyeshadow on a complete whim! I went in to mac to get "All that Glitters" and when my mac girl told me it was cheaper to get it in the pan and put it in one of the little duo palettes I thought well now I have room for one more! The mac girl suggested "Swiss Chocolate" and I am so glad she did!
It is just a gorgeous rich brown with red undertones (and it actually works really well with ATG, and together they really bring out my green eyes). It's my new favourite crease colour as it can be put on really opaque or blended out and look lovely and soft.