MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate

MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate

4.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I either like this stuff or hate it on a random day. Tone is very dark so it depends in the mood that I'm in. Hard to blend as well. If your hair has red tones to it, this may suite you better than this does for me. Not going to repurchase.

on 3/13/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love this shade, even though it can be a little difficult to work with. It's my go-to crease shade. On my NW45 skin tone, this makes such a lovely crease shade for me. The warmth in swiss chocolate adds great depth without being too dark and harsh or light and non-existant.

Swiss chocolate is somewhat dry and can go on a little patchy, but it's not extreme. This shadow just takes a little extra building and blending.

To Read all 107 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/16/2016 7:03:00 AM

Swiss chocolate is a nice matte medium brown with red undertones shade. It's a good staple color because it flatters most people. I am pale and I don't find this too dark on me. I like that I can build the color and it blends nicely with other colors.

on 1/8/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this eyeshadow. It's the first one ever that I bought thanks to a video Pixiwoo made quite sometime ago. I find it very pigmented, and its staying power is very long. No fall outs as well. The packaging is also nice. However, I found that that it is a little bit difficult to blend. Maybe its just me? Price wise, it is a little pricey, but it is a good product. Won't repurchase just because its not as nice to blend compared to what I have in my Inglot palette.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a colour that you easily pass by without even noticing it. I have had this for a long time and I can assure you that the eyes have never looked that warm and flattering with this colour. It has strong red undertones, something that I was fully aware when I bought this because I needed a reddish brown in my collection and Swiss Chocolate definitely filled that gap. It's really nice in the crease and for an all over colour. It's not too dark, neither too light, it's just right. One of mac's best!
I definitely recommend it to those who love warm brown eyeshadows with strong reddish undertones.
Lastly, the name of it; "Swiss Chocolate", it doesn't get any better than that right? How much I love that name just adds to the allure of the eyeshadow itself!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had this color a long time ago and forgot about it while getting other shadows in between while I broke my current shadow palette; I came across this again while doing some research on the internet... So glad I came across it! I have hazel/green eyes that this color makes them pop with some brown mascra and I am good to go out the door! just purchased over the weekend and this will now be a favorite of mine.. Goes well with other brown shadows that I have..... Great buy!!

on 6/20/2015 5:31:00 PM

FYI, i'm a matchmaster 2-3, warm/medium skin tone. I bought this on recommendation of a work colleague who said i should try more bronze shades. Prior I have used quarry, shale & haux. This is a beautiful matte reddish brown. It comes out less red on my skin than the pan throws up. I use layin low pro longwear as a base applied with my middle finger. Then using a 217 pack swiss chocolate on my lid/crease, then use a 239 to line under my lower lash with swiss chocolate, then use a 224 to apply Always Sunny pro longwear shadow from crease to brow (outer corner 1/3 in) and blend, blend, blend. Swiss chocolate is easy to blend to pack it on for a sheer finish or for an intense, dense smokey look. I'd recommend it for any warm skin tone. I have blue eyes & blond hair & it really makes my eyes pop. Buy it.

on 4/21/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I use brown eyeshadow for my everyday eye makeup look and I purchased this on a whim while browsing the MAC counter. It's a red toned matte brown shadow that lasts throughout the day even when I don't use primer. Very smooth and velvety, minimal fallout, easy to blend. I like to smudge this on my top and bottom lash line, slightly winging it out, then running MAC's Teddy eyeliner over it. Using these together brings out the brown in my eyes.

on 4/14/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE!! green eyed girls out there THIS will be your new best friend. It's just amazing! So easy to blend aswell and goes with literally any lip colour, for a really natural day I literally just apply top mascara and sweep some of this under my lower lid with a slanted eyebrow brush then apply mascara to my bottom lashes and it just warms up my eyes in the most natural way. Highly recommended, the only downside to this is the packaging, I had to reorder after my pot kept coming apart and then the whole thing smashed. But the product & colour itself I can't fault. 5 lippies!

on 4/8/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Nice brownish red color. The brown pulls more than the red on me. I use it often as I'm a fan of warm neutral eye looks. I initially bought it to pair with Macs blue brown pigment. Looks great. Will definitely repurchase