MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate

MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate
MAC palletteMAC swatches

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this (brule, Brun, Swiss chocolate & wedge) in pro pans w an empty 4 pan palette for $32 (alternative to my coveted Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage which I ended up getting anyways) TF$ = $85 & MAC = $32 so quite a difference. Swiss choc is a reddish brown too red for my brows but I use it in the outer V/crease as on me it's dark enough on me. Great color I will always rebuy. My quad I made I'm v happy with it it's like UD Naked palette abbreviated edition lol this is so pigmented zero fall out just awesome xx

on 5/6/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Use to use this colour a lot.. but not so much nowadays. Makes a great crease/transition colour. Deep orange brown colour, good colour payoff. I can see this being popular as a staple colour. Lot of copy cat colours out there...

on 1/6/2017 6:59:00 PM

I've been on a warm brown kick lately so I decided to add this shade to my collection. It's smooth and pigmented like pretty much all of MAC's mattes are. Looks nice with green/blue eyes.

on 3/13/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I love this shade, even though it can be a little difficult to work with. It's my go-to crease shade. On my NW45 skin tone, this makes such a lovely crease shade for me. The warmth in swiss chocolate adds great depth without being too dark and harsh or light and non-existant.

Swiss chocolate is somewhat dry and can go on a little patchy, but it's not extreme. This shadow just takes a little extra building and blending.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I either like this stuff or hate it on a random day. Tone is very dark so it depends in the mood that I'm in. Hard to blend as well. If your hair has red tones to it, this may suite you better than this does for me. Not going to repurchase.

on 3/13/2017 1:38:00 PM

This very pigmented eyeshadow is perfect for crease area. It blends well. Color is like reddish mid-brown. Brush application is better than finger application (for all mac eyeshadows).

on 1/16/2016 7:03:00 AM

Swiss chocolate is a nice matte medium brown with red undertones shade. It's a good staple color because it flatters most people. I am pale and I don't find this too dark on me. I like that I can build the color and it blends nicely with other colors.

on 6/20/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

FYI, i'm a matchmaster 2-3, warm/medium skin tone. I bought this on recommendation of a work colleague who said i should try more bronze shades. Prior I have used quarry, shale & haux. This is a beautiful matte reddish brown. It comes out less red on my skin than the pan throws up. I use layin low pro longwear as a base applied with my middle finger. Then using a 217 pack swiss chocolate on my lid/crease, then use a 239 to line under my lower lash with swiss chocolate, then use a 224 to apply Always Sunny pro longwear shadow from crease to brow (outer corner 1/3 in) and blend, blend, blend. Swiss chocolate is easy to blend to pack it on for a sheer finish or for an intense, dense smokey look. I'd recommend it for any warm skin tone. I have blue eyes & blond hair & it really makes my eyes pop. Buy it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a colour that you easily pass by without even noticing it. I have had this for a long time and I can assure you that the eyes have never looked that warm and flattering with this colour. It has strong red undertones, something that I was fully aware when I bought this because I needed a reddish brown in my collection and Swiss Chocolate definitely filled that gap. It's really nice in the crease and for an all over colour. It's not too dark, neither too light, it's just right. One of mac's best!
I definitely recommend it to those who love warm brown eyeshadows with strong reddish undertones.
Lastly, the name of it; "Swiss Chocolate", it doesn't get any better than that right? How much I love that name just adds to the allure of the eyeshadow itself!

on 1/8/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this eyeshadow. It's the first one ever that I bought thanks to a video Pixiwoo made quite sometime ago. I find it very pigmented, and its staying power is very long. No fall outs as well. The packaging is also nice. However, I found that that it is a little bit difficult to blend. Maybe its just me? Price wise, it is a little pricey, but it is a good product. Won't repurchase just because its not as nice to blend compared to what I have in my Inglot palette.