MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by age: 44-55
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.2

on 5/6/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Use to use this colour a lot.. but not so much nowadays. Makes a great crease/transition colour. Deep orange brown colour, good colour payoff. I can see this being popular as a staple colour. Lot of copy cat colours out there...

on 5/10/2014 12:46:00 PM

I bought Swiss Chocolate along with a few other pans and I didn't find myself reaching for it as much as the others but recently I started playing around with it and I have to say it's a really pretty red-brown color. Today I'm using Brule all over, Soft Brown as my transition, Swiss Chocolate for my outter v (blended with Bamboo) and Ricepaper for my inner corner. I'm extrememly warm toned (no neutrailizing mac shades here...C3 is my shade) so I can't speak to it working for cooler shaded women but I wouldn't imagine it would. Also, this was bought during my "eyeshadows that make brown eyes pop" phase and it truly does bring out beautiful flecks in my brown eyes which is not an easy feat.

Update 4/2016: I've worn this the last couple of days and I'm back in love with it. I don't know what it is about Swiss Chocolate in the pot that doesn't have me reaching for it for months at a time but it is really pretty on. If you're warm toned and on the fence about this color because of the way it looks in the pot, give it a try...you won't be sorry.

Very pretty warm brown with red undertones. If you have green eyes this color will make them pop, guaranteed. I love this color and would say it's my favorite and I have tried many a Mac eye shadow. I have medium skin with pink tones and brown hair and this shadow works perfectly with my coloring. I use it all over the lid and in the crease, a little bit for liner under the eyes. Add some mascara and my eyes look like they are jade colored. I have hooded lids and look tired all the time but this color brings them to life. The first time I wore this shadow my seven year old noticed something was different (and I wear make-up all the time) and told me, "Mommy, you look really pretty." She doesn't say that too often! This really is a color that will make you look different than you usually do. Trans-formative eye shadow :) I swear by this for green eyed girls.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried more blendable shadows from MUFE and Illamasqua, but no one can get this color quite down (a reddish brown) like Mac. In this case, I am glad this is a bit less pigmented then the other two brands of matching, sort of, colors because I am working in the crease and am not adept enough to use hugely pigmented shadows there, especially as they are usually on the dark side. This is one of the better textures for Mac, which I find so inconsistent amoung colors when it comes to blendability, pigmentation, etc. - speaking of Mattes only.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm undecided about this shade -- color is gorgeous, so no argument there. My issue with it is it took me FOREVER to build the color!!!

I used a 217 and a 222 to apply, hoping the larger brushes would cover a lot of area at one time, but the color just wasn't laying down like I expected it to. I ordered this from Mac online and am actually considering returning it for that fact alone.