MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)
MAC palletteMAC swatchesEye Shadow - Swiss Chocolate (Matte)

4.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I either like this stuff or hate it on a random day. Tone is very dark so it depends in the mood that I'm in. Hard to blend as well. If your hair has red tones to it, this may suite you better than this does for me. Not going to repurchase.

on 4/8/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Nice brownish red color. The brown pulls more than the red on me. I use it often as I'm a fan of warm neutral eye looks. I initially bought it to pair with Macs blue brown pigment. Looks great. Will definitely repurchase

on 2/20/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A dark, very warm(red undertones), matte, brown. This is one of my most used eyeshadows because it can be used for everyday or more dramatic looks. My favorite way to apply this is on the outer V or crease. I have black-brown eyes and this brings out the warmth in my eyes, enhances and makes my eyes look bigger. This is a must have brown eyeshadow! NC40-42 for reference.

on 7/17/2013 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

my FAVORITE MAC eyeshadow!!! this color is absolutely gorgeous on any skin-tone, particularly my NC40-42 skin. it shows up so well - a warm almost deep brown. you can pack it on to your entire lid for a dark night time look or you can use it in your outer crease to deepen any smokey eye look. I use this almost everyday and have already bought my 3rd pan. I would absolutely recommend anyone to buy this. being a makeup artist, I have used this color from the lightest to the deepest skin tones and it never fails. for deeper skin tones it looks gorgeous all over the crease.

if you want to see a demonstration of how to use this I have a 3 minute makeup tutorial linked below that you can check out. I've combined swiss chocolate with a variety of other eyeshadows to create a smokey eye. Check it out if you like :)

this is such a rich, gorgeous color!! It's so pigmented and smooth. It's perfect for a warm, smokey eye look all over or in the crease... it makes a wonderful defined crease! Blends like a dream and gives me doe-eyes :) A hg brown shadow for sure!! I would buy over and over again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This color is so beautiful. It is very heavy on the reddish tinge, but it still looks flattering on. When I don't want any shimmer in my crease, I always use this. It blends very effortlessly, which is why I'm giving it a five. The red undertones bring out the green in my eyes.

on 2/11/2012 7:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm very fair skinned so this colour looks great in the crease. I like to wear it with Naked Lunch and Expensive Pink on the lid. It goes with so many of MAC's other shades. It's probably my favourite matte MAC shade.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a great crease color. It's a softer crease color for me, but I love it. It's perfect for everyday use. I usually will put on groundwork paint point with this in the crease and that's it. I love to use this in the crease with Naked pigment on the lid and as a highlight. I'm an NW45 in MAC, for reference.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Swiss chocolate is a brown with definite red undertones that show through on my NC 50-55 skintone. I use this as a crease color. This is a great staple shade.

on 5/14/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don't think I need to say more more to describe this color since so many other reviewers have commented on that already, but i must say that I wish I wouldnt have waitied to buy this color for so long. I have many MAC browns and the MUA at the counter told me to not get it since i had so many other, so for a long time I ignored this shadow. On a whim, I recently bought it and boy am I glad since it's become my favorite daily crease color. it's a warm midtone brown that goes great with a wide range of lid colors (neutrals and even with bright blue and greens)...i used saddle alot before and also embark, and find that this colors depth is in between these two making it noticeable and not too dark for day wear. love it!