Clinique Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Other
Clinique  Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

2.4

I agree with the other reviewers. The scent is too strong. I can only use it on the distant region of my forehead. Putting it too close to my nose will send me into a rage.

on 2/15/2011 2:21:00 PM

Oh dear. I've now come to the conclusion that Clinique skincare just is not for me. I bought this together with the new Laser Serum (which is pretty useless and drying). I bought the normal/combination cream, which just made my skin so dry, did not behave well at all underneath foundation and had a pretty vile smell.
I didn't want to throw it away and gave it to my mum (who is 70 and wears no makeup)- she seems to really like it! At least one one of us is happy!
Next, she's going to get the Laser serum, which has been discarded as well (awful!)

on 10/25/2010 2:19:00 AM

I bought the version for combination/oily skin. This moisturizer made me break out really bad in areas where I usually never break out. It's very expensive and the packaging is not the best. The texture and lack of SPF scent was nice but this moisturizer ruined my skin. I returned it after two weeks of using it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this free in one of their promos, and I like it. It's a little thicker and more dense than the moisturizers I'm used to, but at the same time I think I actually need that. I'm in my late 20s and I agree that skin, even if it gets oily, needs moisture and help with fine lines that start to appear. I'm by no means wrinkly, but my skin has dealt with acne, harsher cleansing agents, some fine lines, texture stuff and a little bit of milia. So this is definitely a nice cap off when I need it after cleansing. I'm not sure I can use this every single time, but maybe at night or when my skin needs something softening. No breakouts, so that's a plus.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not worth the AU$100 they charge for it.

i got this as a GWP and i'm so glad i didnt pay for it.

its way too heavy and rich on my skin and it felt really irritating.

It leaves this really 'ghosty' kind of look even if you rub it in heaps.

it left my skin feeling so greasy and wouldnt absorb at all. I'm pretty sure it gave me some extra pimples too.

Moisture surge is soooo much better and cheaper too..

on 4/4/2010 1:31:00 AM

Like many other reviewers I got the dry/combination version of this as a GWP. It seems to be one of Clinique's standards. (I sometimes wonder if companies do this when sales of a product are flagging ... ) Anyway, I like it a lot. I've been comparing it to the Superdefense moisturiser and finding the latter thicker and much heavier, possibly because of the higher sunscreen. I prefer Youth Surge's lighter texture. It causes me no irritation and while it is absorbed quickly, my skin still feels moisturised. I use it once a day in combination with Clinique's Comforting Ceam Cleanser and the Mild Clarifying Lotion (the one with no alcohol). This works for me. My skin feels really comfortable. There is a faint fragrance, despite Clinique's fragrance-free claims, but it doesn't bother me and I am sensitive usually to fragrance in face creams. My only reservations are that I'm skeptical about Clinique's 'age decelerating' claims for this product except in so far as it contains sunscreen. And it is expensive - best picked up on eBay.

on 3/30/2010 2:22:00 PM

I got a sample of this product in dry combination and fell in love. I love this product!!! It has both physical and chemical sunscreens, which is great. Doesn't feel heavy but is moisturizing at the same time and it gets absorbed by my skin. I like that it has no fragrance. I have no problems when I apply my foundation/makeup over it. Its a little pricy but last forever and I always get it when Clinique is having there GWP. This is my HG facial moisturizer. Almost forgot no breakouts :)

I used this yesterday and immediately I had to take it off because it was stinging. Don't know why... maybe I'm allergic or something because today the most sensitive part of my face (mouth area) is red and pretty swollen looking :[

on 4/19/2009 9:58:00 PM

I got this as a gwp. I really like that it was a good generous sized sample. It's moisturizing, and leaves the skin supple and soft. Don't know if I will but it as it didn't actually take any lines away.