Clinique Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Clinique  Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

2.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm taking this back. For those of you who pass along a Clinique product that you don't like - don't. Keep the receipt and take it back. The more you return products that you don't like, the more feedback it gives them.

This goo sat on my skin, felt greasy, looked greasy, and within minutes my skin began to sting. I also noticed a rather chemical scent, which is unusual for Clinique. The sales assoc. said use it sparingly, but it took a lot more to cover than she demonstrated. At that rate, I'd be spending $50 every month! It never did "soak in." Just sat there in all its sticky, shiny glory.

I looked up the ingredients - investigated them individually, etc. and really cannot determine what exactly caused the discomfort. I just know that I'm unwilling to use this product without a better understanding of it.

on 3/26/2010 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smells strongly like sunscreen. (I have noticed that Clinique's "fragrance-free" products often have a very strong odour, but it must come from ingredients they do not consider "fragrance.") Very greasy-feeling and looks shiny on the skin. Received a sample to try. Leery of using it on my face any more as it feels like its heaviness will cause breakouts. I will not purchase it on my own.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received a full-sized sample of this product in the normal-to-dry/combination skin formula. Even though my skin is extremely oily, I decided to give it a try. While this formulation did not cause any breakouts, it is a bit too greasy feeling for me. As a sunscreen, this product works fine but the SPF is too low for me; I'd rather buy Clinique's SuperDefense, which has an SPF 25. A few negatives about this product: 1. It leaves a white tint on your face, even after blending it in. 2. It makes my eyes sting and water a little bit when I apply it to my face but, it usually doesn't last very long. 3. It comes in a jar to you have to scoop it out with your fingers, which isn't very hygenic.

I will continue to use my jar until it's gone but I will not be purchasing this product.