Clinique Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Clinique  Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

3.0

on 11/3/2012 11:16:00 AM

I had pimples after using this and it was not moisturisng enough as the area at the corner and around my upper lips were flaky by late afternoon. But the night cream was better. My skin looks hydrated the next morning.

on 5/8/2012 7:26:00 PM

I bought this moisturiser in the dry combination skin version and it's exactly the moisturiser I've been looking for! After just a week of using it as my AM moisturiser, I noticed a definite improvement in my skin's appearance - finer, smoother texture and a healthy glow. Even the deep line across my forehead looks improved! (But sadly not gone... If this cream managed that, I'd have given it 5 lippies.) In the second week of using it, my hubby said to me, "I like your new make up" ... I wasn't wearing any! Just this cream...
Following the SA's advice, I do use only a little at a time, less than I would use other moisturisers in the past, and I think that is the key to getting the most out of this cream. The SPF 15's also good, but obviously you'll need a separate sunscreen if you're going to be outdoors for any length of time.
The slight chemical scent does not bother me at all, I basically only noticed it at the start and now it doesn't even register with me anymore. I am really impressed with how the cream disappears into my skin straight after application. My skin feels well moisturised even though it goes on so lightly. My make up goes on beautifully afterwards too.
I would recommend this to anyone because it does such a great job both moisturising and improving skin texture, but it is still pricey in my opinion.

Got a generous tub of this as a GWP. Although I didn't like it from the get go, I did give it a few tries before handing it off to my SIL. I had the dry/combo version, which should pretty much suit my skin, which falls more on the combo end of things rather than dry, but as I get older I appreciate a moisture boost.

My problems with it are as follows:
1) the stink -- smells very plastic-y and it's a strong odor, not just a hint of sunscreen or something;
2) the greasy sheen -- maybe my skin isn't dry enough, but it didn't seem to sink in at all and I just looked like a greasy mess;
3) and heaven forbid you sweat and get this in your eyes; it'll burn them out.

So, not worth the trouble for such a low SPF. I hear it's expensive and it comes in an unhygienic tub. It must do something for someone because my SIL is willing to take it off my hands. But for me, it's awful.

on 6/13/2011 2:22:00 PM

I received the Clinique Youth Surge SPF 15 in a promo package. Since I seem to be allergic to most every other sun screen product I thought I'd give this sample a try to see what it was like. First it is very greasy on the skin and also leaves your skin very shiny. Both of which I do not like. If you sweat it runs all over your face and into your eyes... it burns like heck in your eyes! SPF 15 really isn't a high enough number for sun protection. The only good thing I can say is that so far I haven't had an allergic reaction to it. Would I buy this product... no. Do something about how greasy and shiny it makes your skin and certainly do something about how it runs if you start to sweat then maybe I might give it another try. I give this product a thumbs down.

on 5/14/2011 11:12:00 PM

This works ok for me. For now I'll keep getting it. It does make my skin feel a bit greasy, and it smells like sunscreen, but I do like it. I wear it over my Clinique 3 step system. I also have the night wear one, and I think I might like that better for all the time wear. I am still hunting one I really like.

on 2/8/2011 4:06:00 AM

Unexpectedly, I really liked this moisturizer, from which I had a generous sample that lasted about a week. I had the version for dry/very dry skin, and though it was very rich, it absorbed within some minutes and dinīt leave my face shinier than usual. It was a nice cream to use during winter, when skin is parched by the cold and dry air. I was surprised that my skin didnīt react to any of the ingredients, I really liked it. Maybe Iīll buy the original size at some point. The sunscreen of only SPF15 is way too low for my liking, though.

I got the dry/combination sample (rather large in size) as a GWP and decided to repurchase when Clinique was offering free shipping. It is a little costly imo, but it's worth it. Because winter was approaching I decided to get it in the "very dry to dry" type because I use it mostly on my undereye area right after I step out of the shower, as well as my neck, decollete, and then massage what's left over into the backs of my hands. I know that this may sound like an expensive cream for these areas, but since I'm approaching mid-40's and have always had oily skin that's now starting to "dry up" (for lack of a better word), and (gasp!) I am getting a few fine lines around my eyes and forehead I think it is a justified purchase. I do occasionally use it on certain areas of my face, like my cheeks in cold, dry weather. I like this richer version and have not really noticed a smell. If there is one it goes away as soon as the cream is absorbed, which it does nicely btw. I've noticed a positive difference in my undereye area as well as the other areas that I've used it. My fine lines around my eyes are especially less noticeable, and when I put powder makeup on my face I don't look so chalky and dry. That being said, I've recommended it to family and friends, and now I'm recommending it to you--either formula, no matter what your skin type. And, like my sweet, beautiful mother always said, when applying moisturizer to your face and neck, be sure to use an upward and not downward motion, and use your ring finger to tap the product gently under and around the eye area. :-)

I have combination skin, and so far ive found la praire stress cream and dior hydraction sorbet gel creme to be the best for me but this cream was being advertised EVERYWHERE so i thought i would try it, and hopefully i would love it and it would save me all that money im spending on la praire! But as soon as i started applying it i was very put off by the strong sunscreen/chemical scent, i found it lingered for ages and was just awful. This cream also gave me this shiny sheen on my face, probably due to the sunscree, except ive tried loads of creams with an spf and not all give that shiny look, anyway this one did. I then applied my foundation after waiting a good 10-15min (and i usually just give my other creams a min or 2) but i just looked so shiny. I put on a lot of powder that day! Throughout the day my face was back to shiny again, and more powder...would def not be buying this cream again!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this free in one of their promos, and I like it. It's a little thicker and more dense than the moisturizers I'm used to, but at the same time I think I actually need that. I'm in my late 20s and I agree that skin, even if it gets oily, needs moisture and help with fine lines that start to appear. I'm by no means wrinkly, but my skin has dealt with acne, harsher cleansing agents, some fine lines, texture stuff and a little bit of milia. So this is definitely a nice cap off when I need it after cleansing. I'm not sure I can use this every single time, but maybe at night or when my skin needs something softening. No breakouts, so that's a plus.

on 7/5/2010 3:03:00 AM

I found this in a package deal at Marshall's with the Even Better Skin Tone Corrector. I gave it to my mom, but after reading the directions she decided to give me the lotion. It says it's for people who are just starting to develop fine lines and wrinkles. My skin is kind of damaged from tanning and acne in my teens, but after I put this on it looks so youthful. My skin looks so supple and full of moisture. I don't even know how to describe it, but it looks instantly brighter and hydrated. It's a little heavy, though which I am not a fan of. I usually put it on after washing my face in the morning and work on my hair while it sinks in before I put on make up. Also, I don't know if I'm just crazy, but I think my pores look smaller, too!