Clinique Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

Clinique  Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

3.5

on 6/25/2014 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This and the EA Perpetual Moisture are my Staple moisturizers. No matter how many I have tried I always keep coming back to this. The packaging is plastic, which I prefer.
This is not my HG, since it leaves a white cast on your face. You have to kind of blend it in with a drop of water. This is probably due to the SPF in it. I keep using it, because, it does not break me out, has sunblock, and it does make a subtle difference in the texture of my skin.

on 5/8/2012 7:26:00 PM

I bought this moisturiser in the dry combination skin version and it's exactly the moisturiser I've been looking for! After just a week of using it as my AM moisturiser, I noticed a definite improvement in my skin's appearance - finer, smoother texture and a healthy glow. Even the deep line across my forehead looks improved! (But sadly not gone... If this cream managed that, I'd have given it 5 lippies.) In the second week of using it, my hubby said to me, "I like your new make up" ... I wasn't wearing any! Just this cream...
Following the SA's advice, I do use only a little at a time, less than I would use other moisturisers in the past, and I think that is the key to getting the most out of this cream. The SPF 15's also good, but obviously you'll need a separate sunscreen if you're going to be outdoors for any length of time.
The slight chemical scent does not bother me at all, I basically only noticed it at the start and now it doesn't even register with me anymore. I am really impressed with how the cream disappears into my skin straight after application. My skin feels well moisturised even though it goes on so lightly. My make up goes on beautifully afterwards too.
I would recommend this to anyone because it does such a great job both moisturising and improving skin texture, but it is still pricey in my opinion.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm taking this back. For those of you who pass along a Clinique product that you don't like - don't. Keep the receipt and take it back. The more you return products that you don't like, the more feedback it gives them.

This goo sat on my skin, felt greasy, looked greasy, and within minutes my skin began to sting. I also noticed a rather chemical scent, which is unusual for Clinique. The sales assoc. said use it sparingly, but it took a lot more to cover than she demonstrated. At that rate, I'd be spending $50 every month! It never did "soak in." Just sat there in all its sticky, shiny glory.

I looked up the ingredients - investigated them individually, etc. and really cannot determine what exactly caused the discomfort. I just know that I'm unwilling to use this product without a better understanding of it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the formula for combination/oily skin. This product is oil-free, which I love! I have seen so many different moisturizers that are supposed to assist with anti-aging, but they are so greasy feeling and are loaded with oil. It is nice to see a moisturizer that is for anti-aging and that is oil-free! I am 30, with few lines, and am oily-skinned. I am looking for something to help my skin stay younger looking but not make me an oil-slick, either, as I still get breakouts. This moisturizer goes on beautifully, does not make my skin itch or burn (something that other moisturizers tend to do if I do happen to find one that is oil-free), and does not make me feel greasy. I am so happy to have found this as I want to take care of my skin and combat aging, but do not want to load my skin up with an oily, gooey moisturizer and get tons of pimples. A great product and I will continue to use it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Well, I've been using this product for one week. I use it after washing my face in the morning. So far so good. It's making my skin look good, and I'm not breaking out. I'm a pale redhead, with sensitive skin, so that is a good sign that it's not bothering me. I suppose I'll update this if I start breaking out or something. I usually love Clinique products, so hopefully this won't let me down!

on 12/10/2011 9:19:00 AM

I got a generous sample of this cream in a GWP. I don't like this moisturizer. The smell is awful and I don't like the feeling of it. It doesn't seem to provide the moisture my skin need. Plus it gives a greasy shine to the skin once applied. I wouldn't purchase a full jar of this cream.

Got a generous tub of this as a GWP. Although I didn't like it from the get go, I did give it a few tries before handing it off to my SIL. I had the dry/combo version, which should pretty much suit my skin, which falls more on the combo end of things rather than dry, but as I get older I appreciate a moisture boost.

My problems with it are as follows:
1) the stink -- smells very plastic-y and it's a strong odor, not just a hint of sunscreen or something;
2) the greasy sheen -- maybe my skin isn't dry enough, but it didn't seem to sink in at all and I just looked like a greasy mess;
3) and heaven forbid you sweat and get this in your eyes; it'll burn them out.

So, not worth the trouble for such a low SPF. I hear it's expensive and it comes in an unhygienic tub. It must do something for someone because my SIL is willing to take it off my hands. But for me, it's awful.

on 6/13/2011 2:22:00 PM

I received the Clinique Youth Surge SPF 15 in a promo package. Since I seem to be allergic to most every other sun screen product I thought I'd give this sample a try to see what it was like. First it is very greasy on the skin and also leaves your skin very shiny. Both of which I do not like. If you sweat it runs all over your face and into your eyes... it burns like heck in your eyes! SPF 15 really isn't a high enough number for sun protection. The only good thing I can say is that so far I haven't had an allergic reaction to it. Would I buy this product... no. Do something about how greasy and shiny it makes your skin and certainly do something about how it runs if you start to sweat then maybe I might give it another try. I give this product a thumbs down.

on 5/14/2011 11:12:00 PM

This works ok for me. For now I'll keep getting it. It does make my skin feel a bit greasy, and it smells like sunscreen, but I do like it. I wear it over my Clinique 3 step system. I also have the night wear one, and I think I might like that better for all the time wear. I am still hunting one I really like.

on 2/15/2011 2:21:00 PM

Oh dear. I've now come to the conclusion that Clinique skincare just is not for me. I bought this together with the new Laser Serum (which is pretty useless and drying). I bought the normal/combination cream, which just made my skin so dry, did not behave well at all underneath foundation and had a pretty vile smell.
I didn't want to throw it away and gave it to my mum (who is 70 and wears no makeup)- she seems to really like it! At least one one of us is happy!
Next, she's going to get the Laser serum, which has been discarded as well (awful!)