Clinique Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

Clinique  Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

3.1

on 5/12/2012 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I used clinique productd several times in my life and was quite satisfied, but this specific product caused me hives. It took me forever to get rid of the terrible "piza face" I had.

After several months when the hives gone, I decided to give it another try just to be sure this was actually the cause for the hives. I used it once and emmidiatelly got the rush again.

Now I'm back to the anti histamine to hill my face again.
Terrible product for my face.

Got a generous tub of this as a GWP. Although I didn't like it from the get go, I did give it a few tries before handing it off to my SIL. I had the dry/combo version, which should pretty much suit my skin, which falls more on the combo end of things rather than dry, but as I get older I appreciate a moisture boost.

My problems with it are as follows:
1) the stink -- smells very plastic-y and it's a strong odor, not just a hint of sunscreen or something;
2) the greasy sheen -- maybe my skin isn't dry enough, but it didn't seem to sink in at all and I just looked like a greasy mess;
3) and heaven forbid you sweat and get this in your eyes; it'll burn them out.

So, not worth the trouble for such a low SPF. I hear it's expensive and it comes in an unhygienic tub. It must do something for someone because my SIL is willing to take it off my hands. But for me, it's awful.

on 6/13/2011 2:22:00 PM

I received the Clinique Youth Surge SPF 15 in a promo package. Since I seem to be allergic to most every other sun screen product I thought I'd give this sample a try to see what it was like. First it is very greasy on the skin and also leaves your skin very shiny. Both of which I do not like. If you sweat it runs all over your face and into your eyes... it burns like heck in your eyes! SPF 15 really isn't a high enough number for sun protection. The only good thing I can say is that so far I haven't had an allergic reaction to it. Would I buy this product... no. Do something about how greasy and shiny it makes your skin and certainly do something about how it runs if you start to sweat then maybe I might give it another try. I give this product a thumbs down.

I got the dry/combination sample (rather large in size) as a GWP and decided to repurchase when Clinique was offering free shipping. It is a little costly imo, but it's worth it. Because winter was approaching I decided to get it in the "very dry to dry" type because I use it mostly on my undereye area right after I step out of the shower, as well as my neck, decollete, and then massage what's left over into the backs of my hands. I know that this may sound like an expensive cream for these areas, but since I'm approaching mid-40's and have always had oily skin that's now starting to "dry up" (for lack of a better word), and (gasp!) I am getting a few fine lines around my eyes and forehead I think it is a justified purchase. I do occasionally use it on certain areas of my face, like my cheeks in cold, dry weather. I like this richer version and have not really noticed a smell. If there is one it goes away as soon as the cream is absorbed, which it does nicely btw. I've noticed a positive difference in my undereye area as well as the other areas that I've used it. My fine lines around my eyes are especially less noticeable, and when I put powder makeup on my face I don't look so chalky and dry. That being said, I've recommended it to family and friends, and now I'm recommending it to you--either formula, no matter what your skin type. And, like my sweet, beautiful mother always said, when applying moisturizer to your face and neck, be sure to use an upward and not downward motion, and use your ring finger to tap the product gently under and around the eye area. :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a GWP, it's probably not something I would have tried on my own. It's got a decent sunscreen and the moisture is acceptable. For the price, I will chose something else next time, but I am glad I had a chance to try this. If you like Clinique and you need SPF, then this might be the one for you. It's not too heavy and sinks in well. It's got a slight fragrance that annoys me.

on 4/4/2010 1:31:00 AM

Like many other reviewers I got the dry/combination version of this as a GWP. It seems to be one of Clinique's standards. (I sometimes wonder if companies do this when sales of a product are flagging ... ) Anyway, I like it a lot. I've been comparing it to the Superdefense moisturiser and finding the latter thicker and much heavier, possibly because of the higher sunscreen. I prefer Youth Surge's lighter texture. It causes me no irritation and while it is absorbed quickly, my skin still feels moisturised. I use it once a day in combination with Clinique's Comforting Ceam Cleanser and the Mild Clarifying Lotion (the one with no alcohol). This works for me. My skin feels really comfortable. There is a faint fragrance, despite Clinique's fragrance-free claims, but it doesn't bother me and I am sensitive usually to fragrance in face creams. My only reservations are that I'm skeptical about Clinique's 'age decelerating' claims for this product except in so far as it contains sunscreen. And it is expensive - best picked up on eBay.

on 3/26/2010 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smells strongly like sunscreen. (I have noticed that Clinique's "fragrance-free" products often have a very strong odour, but it must come from ingredients they do not consider "fragrance.") Very greasy-feeling and looks shiny on the skin. Received a sample to try. Leery of using it on my face any more as it feels like its heaviness will cause breakouts. I will not purchase it on my own.

on 3/8/2010 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is such a lovely moisturizer. The dry/combo version came in a GWP and I almost tossed it because I was a Hope in a Jar user, but so glad I gave it a try. It has a very nice creamy texture and a light, fresh scent (even though it's a fragrance-free product). absorbs readily and my makeup goes on smoothly. My oily skin is drying out as I get older and I find that this is just enough to keep the flakies away from around my mouth and temples even through a Chicago winter. SPF 15 is an added bonus. Has never broken me out, never feels heavy and my skin is more even- I'm nearing the bottom of my first full-size jar.

This was a disappointment for me. When I tried it in the store it seemed fine, but at home....Absorbs quickly, but doesn't keep my skin moisturized. I find that I have to put a second "coat" on, to feel it working. This might work better for me in summer. Need more protection in winter. As for the skin plumping, age defying powers, I don't see any difference after 1 month of daily use. Glad the jar is almost empty.

on 6/30/2009 9:50:00 PM

I have normal skin, and don't find this product to be too oily at all. It makes my skin very soft, and although it might be a tad shiny at first when I put it on, it does absorb relatively quickly, and it is a really good base for my mineral makeup powder (which takes away the shine anyway). I would suggest to those of you who find it to be too shiny/oily for daytime use, rather than throw it out, use it only at night, as a good moisturizer, although I know this kind of defeats the purpose of it being an SPF.