LUSH Vanillary

VanillaryVanillary

3.6

on 3/17/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Horrible. Immediately washed off. It’s really fake smelling. That’s can’t be a real vanilla smell

Extremely expensive for I love this perfume - a little goes a long way and smells edible. Love it

on 10/11/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First things first, Vanillary's opening is aggressive, I don't even try to smell my wrist 15' after spraying and just a spritz is enough.

After the boozy jasmine leaves the scene all I get is an abstract buttery, toasty gourmand that becomes more smoked and caramelized as it evolves. Brings to mind warm baguettes with butter and honey on top while the scent of baking some serious vanilla pound cake lingers thickly in the air. Definitely not just vanilla and stays this way until the end. Not in the least sugary which I appreciate a lot. Kinda belongs to the same family with Jeux de peau in this sense.

Sillage is strong, so is longevity and clings to clothing until the next wash which may be too much of a good thing. I can see many things potentially going wrong for people (the jasmine might be too indolic, too strong overall, stays roughly the same for many hours and can get tiresome) so Vanillary isn't a safe blind buy. Wouldn't call it a sophisticated fragrance but it's comfy and satisfying when in the mood for some serious cocooning. I can even declare that it's officially member of the perfume family that lives by my bedside (including L'instant magic, Bois farine, Bain de Caron and Lolita Lempicka in case you're curious) I'm pleased.

on 1/20/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a deep, sexy, Shalimar-like vanilla. I wear it layered with other fragrances, but it's best on its own. It's rich, but it doesn't smell like food...it smells like gorgeous perfume. Lasting power is outstanding. I have a 1 oz spray bottle.

on 2/12/2016 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the solid version of the perfume. The scent is amazing, a rich and warm vanilla fragrance, almost with a burnt/smoky undertone. I can't get enough of it! It compliments the Vanilla Dee light lotion (now sadly discontinued) perfectly. The idea of a solid perfume that's easy to have on hand (or rather in your bag) is great. I see some issues with the packaging, though. It's one of those "stick" products that you press up, which means that to get it down again and be able to put the lid on, you need to press on the stick itself. That's a problem because the stick melts, so already at room temperature that's a problem. If it's hot outside, it's a right mess. I have two of these, and both of them have a bunch of product stuck inside the lid simply because I've had to force down the lid without being able to push the stick down. The other thing that I find a bit annoying is that the little black spots of vanilla are sometimes visible on your skin when you've applied the perfume. I don't much fancy having black dots on my neck. For me it's relatively easily avoided by applying the perfume where my hair covers it, on my wrists etc, but with shorter hair you might not be able to do that. On the other hand it's a testament to it being genuine vanilla in there, not just essence.

Edit: now that they have changed the packaging of their solid perfumes to tins, there's nothing that I don't love about this perfume! Especially since it's vegan and all. Just lovely!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sexy vanilla! Boozy & smoky, a little earthy & musky. I have the solid version & love it. Men love vanilla, it's a natural pheromone. Men want it. Women want to smell like it. It can be done innocently but this is done in a sensual dark honeyed version if you are a sex kitten you will love this, it smells like caramel & butter toffee so sweet & intoxicating, layer w Honey I Washed My Hair shampoo bar/Honey I Washed The Kids soap for full frontal assault. Dab on all areas of the body that give off natural warmth (wrists, behind knees, Achilles' tendons, behind ears, inside elbow, cleavage, neck). The prevailing wind will be your friend.

on 7/6/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

The Vanillary solid was my intro into solid perfume. I like it. The little container is ultra portable and travel friendly. The wear is okay, not very long lasting but initially very fragrant. It can also a bit tricky to get product out with longer nails and as you get to the bottom of the tin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Love this smell. My review is for the solid perfume. It smells like the heavanilli massage bar it's very comforting and sweet . However it's not really long lasting I usually have to reapply and it comes in a little tube like a lip balm so you can just pop it in your purse. Highly recommend if you love vanilla and wanna try a fragrance a bit more natural than your usual perfumes.

on 5/21/2015 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in the solid perfume, it smells exactly like vanilla dee-lite lotion. It's a rich vanilla scent with no fake plastic smell at all, it's quite long lasting. Easily one of my favourite vanilla fragrances. Would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

My fave perfume, right next to Lust. It's a lovely, very warm vanilla and not too sugary. It doesn't have great staying power, which is just unfortunate given how pricey it is.

Popular Fragrances