LUSH Vanillary

3.6

on 1/20/2017 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a deep, sexy, Shalimar-like vanilla. I wear it layered with other fragrances, but it's best on its own. It's rich, but it doesn't smell like food...it smells like gorgeous perfume. Lasting power is outstanding. I have a 1 oz spray bottle.

on 2/12/2016 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the solid version of the perfume. The scent is amazing, a rich and warm vanilla fragrance, almost with a burnt/smoky undertone. I can't get enough of it! It compliments the Vanilla Dee light lotion (now sadly discontinued) perfectly. The idea of a solid perfume that's easy to have on hand (or rather in your bag) is great. I see some issues with the packaging, though. It's one of those "stick" products that you press up, which means that to get it down again and be able to put the lid on, you need to press on the stick itself. That's a problem because the stick melts, so already at room temperature that's a problem. If it's hot outside, it's a right mess. I have two of these, and both of them have a bunch of product stuck inside the lid simply because I've had to force down the lid without being able to push the stick down. The other thing that I find a bit annoying is that the little black spots of vanilla are sometimes visible on your skin when you've applied the perfume. I don't much fancy having black dots on my neck. For me it's relatively easily avoided by applying the perfume where my hair covers it, on my wrists etc, but with shorter hair you might not be able to do that. On the other hand it's a testament to it being genuine vanilla in there, not just essence.

Edit: now that they have changed the packaging of their solid perfumes to tins, there's nothing that I don't love about this perfume! Especially since it's vegan and all. Just lovely!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sexy vanilla! Boozy & smoky, a little earthy & musky. I have the solid version & love it. Men love vanilla, it's a natural pheromone. Men want it. Women want to smell like it. It can be done innocently but this is done in a sensual dark honeyed version if you are a sex kitten you will love this, it smells like caramel & butter toffee so sweet & intoxicating, layer w Honey I Washed My Hair shampoo bar/Honey I Washed The Kids soap for full frontal assault. Dab on all areas of the body that give off natural warmth (wrists, behind knees, Achilles' tendons, behind ears, inside elbow, cleavage, neck). The prevailing wind will be your friend.

on 7/6/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

The Vanillary solid was my intro into solid perfume. I like it. The little container is ultra portable and travel friendly. The wear is okay, not very long lasting but initially very fragrant. It can also a bit tricky to get product out with longer nails and as you get to the bottom of the tin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Love this smell. My review is for the solid perfume. It smells like the heavanilli massage bar it's very comforting and sweet . However it's not really long lasting I usually have to reapply and it comes in a little tube like a lip balm so you can just pop it in your purse. Highly recommend if you love vanilla and wanna try a fragrance a bit more natural than your usual perfumes.

on 5/21/2015 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in the solid perfume, it smells exactly like vanilla dee-lite lotion. It's a rich vanilla scent with no fake plastic smell at all, it's quite long lasting. Easily one of my favourite vanilla fragrances. Would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

My fave perfume, right next to Lust. It's a lovely, very warm vanilla and not too sugary. It doesn't have great staying power, which is just unfortunate given how pricey it is.

on 2/13/2015 6:22:00 PM

i love this perfume, it has a very unique sweet smell. ever since i started using it i got a ton of compliments on the scent. i love it

on 1/17/2015 12:21:00 PM

I am absolutely in love with this scent. I can only describe it as a very intoxicating vanilla scent that is more like a rich, warm vanilla smell and is not too sweet (sometimes I do find vanilla scented anything too sickly sweet, but this perfume certainly isn't). I first tried this in a Lush store and had sprayed a mist of their tester bottle onto the sleeve of my coat. I thought it was okay but left the store soon afterward, without buying it. I then realized that I couldn't stop smelling the sleeve of my coat throughout the rest of the day, because I liked the smell so much. (I didn't like it nearly as much when I first sprayed it as I did a few minutes later. So if you try this in the store, be sure to wait a few minutes before deciding how much you do or do not like it). And as an added bonus, I once read a study that found that men find the scent of vanilla to be the sexiest scent on a woman. ;) In my opinion, this perfume truly is intoxicating and is most certainly my new favorite!

On me it smells like a salty, savoury, buttery vanilla. It's a little unusual but pleasant. Overpriced.

Popular Fragrances