Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

2.6

Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Water (Aqua), Ceteth-20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Peg-8, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Peg-12 Dimethiconeglycerin, Panthenol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol(And)Caprylyl, Glycol(And)Potassium Sorbate(And)Hexylene Glycol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this on my fine wavy hair. The smell is amazing and it leaves my hair feeling good.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just bought the travel sized one and I love it! I will be purchasing the full size soon.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Horrid product. Has a nasty, cheap, cloying synthetic vanilla scent.Does not replenish moisture in hair, for me, it actually made my hair drier. Does not add shine or manageability either. Total waste of money.

on 3/17/2017 11:07:00 PM

Agree with above: vanilla hair perfume in a bottle. No added softness, shine. Just scent.

on 12/22/2016 12:16:00 PM

This is a conveniently packaged (it comes in portable size), decently priced, well-working conditioner. It does not absorb into the hair much, meaning it is slick and washes off easily. Being that way makes it more conducive for look-see's to take care of dry looking hair, than actually fixing the root (pun intended) of the problem. It will not grease up your hair, however, and can be added on copiously without worrying about that.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought two travel sizes and can say I will only be using this as hair perfume.
Moisturizing it is not. My hair felt drier than before. Ive tried this on wash and go days and had to rewash my hair.
On days I'm blowing out my hair, I will spray this before putting my hair in a doobie.
My daughter who has a curl pattern similar to mine (think 3b/c) but has softer thinner hair (very typical biracial) cannot use this for anything other than moistening hair to slick back into ponytails. For her wash and go, I was scared this would cause breakage.

It makes my hair smell good. But for the price, will never purchase the full size.

on 6/29/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I decided to buy this in the travel size because I had been interested in the brand and my daughters and I needed a new detangler / leave-in. My hair is naturally wavy, fine and dry/brittle from coloring. My daughters' hair is also fine and wavy and tangles easily.
First off, the fragrance wasn't too bad straight from the bottle, and I thought it smelled better than the hair milk line, which smelled almost like a floral nail polish remover. Upon application, our hair smelled sort of like Barbie hair - not the worst but not exactly what I want to be smelling like either. It's not your typical vanilla smell.
I applied to freshly washed, air dried hair that hadn't really been combed out yet. It did a poor job of detangling, but left our hair a little more smoothed out and gave me some volume. Our hair had a naturally polished look. Unfortunately, the feel of our hair didn't match the look. It felt coated and sticky, yet still dry much like it does after using a sea salt spray. My ends felt crunchy if I scrunched my hair.
I would use this again just as a light texturizer or in place of hair spray just to smooth out some surface frizzies on non-styling days, but this just doesn't do the job when it comes to detangling or moisturizing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is nothing but hair perfume in a bottle period. It is not a good detangler, it is certainly not moisturizing to my hair at all, it makes my scalp itchy, and it has no slip to it at all.

I no longer use this product, as I actualky onkythat used it for a very short time, when I did, because it just is not worth the money it costs, and the ingredients in it, aren't spectacular at all, by no means. I no longer use Carol's Daughter's products and have absolutely no plans to ever buy any more Carol's Daughter's products again. I now go by the CG Method, and I only use DevaCurl products exclusively and that is what I definitely plan to continue on using for sure.

on 9/13/2016 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the worst hair products I've ever used,if not the worst. It does completely the opposite of what it says its supposed to do. I have oily, fine,straight hair. When I apply this it makes my hair super dry and sticky,as if I had used styling hair spray,my hair feels so nasty when I use this,this is a horrible product. Its so drying that I could use it as a dry shampoo on my roots.

on 8/8/2016 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Honestly, this stuff is just good if you want your hair to smell really really good. I thought this would moisturize my scalp since I have locs & my hair can be really DRY. but the only thing this did was make my hair dryer and smelling good. I wouldn't rebuy this.