Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

2.5

Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Water (Aqua), Ceteth-20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Peg-8, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Peg-12 Dimethiconeglycerin, Panthenol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol(And)Caprylyl, Glycol(And)Potassium Sorbate(And)Hexylene Glycol

on 6/18/2018 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a hair perfume, this is alright (even though it does smell like Hawaiian Tropic). As a leave-in conditioner, it is absolutely worthless. This leaves my fine, thin hair totally dry at the ends and does nothing to tame flyaways or moisturize my hair. I'd rather my hair not have a scent and be somewhat healthy than have it smell like a 90's beach and look like straw.
Hard pass.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this on my fine wavy hair. The smell is amazing and it leaves my hair feeling good.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just bought the travel sized one and I love it! I will be purchasing the full size soon.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Horrid product. Has a nasty, cheap, cloying synthetic vanilla scent.Does not replenish moisture in hair, for me, it actually made my hair drier. Does not add shine or manageability either. Total waste of money.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought two travel sizes and can say I will only be using this as hair perfume.
Moisturizing it is not. My hair felt drier than before. Ive tried this on wash and go days and had to rewash my hair.
On days I'm blowing out my hair, I will spray this before putting my hair in a doobie.
My daughter who has a curl pattern similar to mine (think 3b/c) but has softer thinner hair (very typical biracial) cannot use this for anything other than moistening hair to slick back into ponytails. For her wash and go, I was scared this would cause breakage.

It makes my hair smell good. But for the price, will never purchase the full size.

on 3/17/2017 11:07:00 PM

Agree with above: vanilla hair perfume in a bottle. No added softness, shine. Just scent.

on 12/22/2016 12:16:00 PM

This is a conveniently packaged (it comes in portable size), decently priced, well-working conditioner. It does not absorb into the hair much, meaning it is slick and washes off easily. Being that way makes it more conducive for look-see's to take care of dry looking hair, than actually fixing the root (pun intended) of the problem. It will not grease up your hair, however, and can be added on copiously without worrying about that.

on 9/13/2016 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the worst hair products I've ever used,if not the worst. It does completely the opposite of what it says its supposed to do. I have oily, fine,straight hair. When I apply this it makes my hair super dry and sticky,as if I had used styling hair spray,my hair feels so nasty when I use this,this is a horrible product. Its so drying that I could use it as a dry shampoo on my roots.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is nothing but hair perfume in a bottle period. It is not a good detangler, it is certainly not moisturizing to my hair at all, it makes my scalp itchy, and it has no slip to it at all.

I no longer use this product, as I actualky onkythat used it for a very short time, when I did, because it just is not worth the money it costs, and the ingredients in it, aren't spectacular at all, by no means. I no longer use Carol's Daughter's products and have absolutely no plans to ever buy any more Carol's Daughter's products again. I now go by the CG Method, and I only use DevaCurl products exclusively and that is what I definitely plan to continue on using for sure.

on 8/8/2016 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Honestly, this stuff is just good if you want your hair to smell really really good. I thought this would moisturize my scalp since I have locs & my hair can be really DRY. but the only thing this did was make my hair dryer and smelling good. I wouldn't rebuy this.