MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone

3.5

Water, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sucrose, Trehalose, Caffeine, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Laureth-9, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Salicylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

on 4/23/2018 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Was disappointed with this as it was highly recommended, it does slightly blur my pores but does nothing to control my oil.
£19 for 15ml is not value for money if it doesn’t work and as an added con it can cause foundation to go patchy.
Looking at the reviews it seems to either work amazing or not at all so would suggest trying before buying if poss.

*Tip: Seems to have better success at blurring pores when applied on top of foundation Xx

on 4/16/2018 5:55:00 PM

Bought this because it was on sale at £14 but normally I think it’s £16. I use it after I’ve done my skincare as a primer before I do the rest of my face. When on it’s very tacky but dries down matte. I don’t really know what it’s for but it does feel good and sets as a good base for foundation! Does reduce the size of my pores but nothing too dramatic

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got it because I wanted to fill pores around my nose since Studio Fix looks horrible in that area.It did nothing for my pores,it did help with oil control a bit and that’s why I’ll give it a 2.

on 3/19/2018 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

MAC just never goes far enough for me. I'm relatively new to MAC (five years) so I don't have that affinity that many seem to, not having grown up with the brand and perhaps using it exclusively at first. If they say matte, it's not matte enough. Long wear, not long wearing enough, relative to other brands and their claims / performance.

This and the MAC Matte Cream are very similar. Very low oil control, very low at prolonging wear, very low at pore filling (Via matte. They don't claim pore filling.) This is more suitable as an all over, multi-benefit primer than Matte Cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this primer, it helps my make up glide over my skin smoothly and it helps to keep the foundation out of my fine lines and pores. I just do not like how little comes in the package. I feel like there is not enough product given. I am not one hundred enough satisfied to continue to use this one. I will continue my hunt for an amazing primer, but until then, I will use this one.

on 5/6/2017 6:35:00 PM

I purchased this product after seeing Sharon Farrell recommend it as a primer for people with oily skin. I currently use the MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation in NC20 and it's great. Truly waterproof, it lasts until I remove it. I wanted to add the Skin Refined Zone treatment underneath as a way to combat oiliness.

Unfortunately, the Skin Refined Zone treatment did the opposite of what a primer would do - it caused my foundation to rub off in patches that looked truly horrific! I didn't have time to redo my makeup, so I dabbed over the patches with a Beauty Blender and then powdered over it to set everything in place. When I arrived home 6 hours later, most of the makeup had been smudged off from my chin and from around my nose. This never ever happens to me, so it is purely as a result of this product.

I'm not sure what to do now, as I've only used this as a primer once and will never do that again. I'll have to try using it as a nightly treatment and hope it does something useful. I might also use it on days that I go without foundation, purely to mattify my skin, because it did appear to do that.

on 1/22/2017 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love, love, love this. Haven't found anything better that controls my oil (nose & forehead) and provides a great base for my foundation & bb cream like this. I use this on my entire face. I've tried cheaper alternatives, but no bueno. Be careful not to use too much or you'll get a chalky like finish.

on 1/5/2017 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a crazy oily T zone. I use this on my nose and the middle of my forehead. My foundation in those areas now last or at least last a lot longer than they used to. Very happy with this product.

on 11/24/2016 1:50:00 AM

This stuff is the bizz love it works well with my combination skin

on 11/22/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would give this six stars if I could. I have the world's greasiest chin and it usually has a full blown oil slick two hours after doing my makeup, but with this stuff it's really kept at bay all day. It makes my pore look smoother and kinda just let's everything glide over it. It can feel taught , but that's why I only wear it over greasy tzone areas and use my other primer on my cheeks. Also helps me save since it's pricey, but well worth it.