MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone

3.5

Water, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sucrose, Trehalose, Caffeine, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Laureth-9, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Salicylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/22/2017 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love, love, love this. Haven't found anything better that controls my oil (nose & forehead) and provides a great base for my foundation & bb cream like this. I use this on my entire face. I've tried cheaper alternatives, but no bueno. Be careful not to use too much or you'll get a chalky like finish.

on 1/5/2017 11:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a crazy oily T zone. I use this on my nose and the middle of my forehead. My foundation in those areas now last or at least last a lot longer than they used to. Very happy with this product.

on 11/24/2016 1:50:00 AM

This stuff is the bizz love it works well with my combination skin

on 11/22/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would give this six stars if I could. I have the world's greasiest chin and it usually has a full blown oil slick two hours after doing my makeup, but with this stuff it's really kept at bay all day. It makes my pore look smoother and kinda just let's everything glide over it. It can feel taught , but that's why I only wear it over greasy tzone areas and use my other primer on my cheeks. Also helps me save since it's pricey, but well worth it.

on 5/9/2016 5:33:00 PM

Pros:
- Mattifies skin
- Smooths skin
- Great packaging as is easy to hygenically get right amount of product out

Cons:
- Consistency is gross. It's like cottage cheese.
- There is glitter in the product. I don't mean the product is shimmery, it literally has little bits of glitter in it.
- I have dry skin, so it made my skin look extra dry and cakey. But that is kind of the point of the product as it's designed to Mattify oily skin.

on 6/11/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am not certain why but my experience with this product is a bit odd. The first week that I used this product, I loved it. It looked good and kept my powder foundation intact. The following weeks, my skin started getting oilier and oilier. Could it be that the product was clogging my pores? I am not sure, but I ended up returning the product.

on 4/10/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have extremely oily skin and large pores. This product definitely has it's pros and it's cons.

Con-this isn't a product you want to wear under makeup. You would have to apply a very small amount in a thin layer to do so successfully. It will ball up under / over any foundation that has silica in it. Which pretty much every foundation does. Reason being Refined Skin Zone is made up mostly of silica. When two products with silica come in contact with eachother it repels and balls up.

It's pro is that it works great as a night treatment. It clears out pores and shrinks them while keeping your oil in check throughout the night.

If you don't wear makeup or don't plan on wearing makeup in the spots you put it this product it will work great for you. Otherwise just use it as a night treatment.

on 3/3/2015 9:51:00 PM

I was so disappointed with this product. I assumed this would be a decent primer because of macs prep & prime line but it totally was not. I applied it to my T zone area and applied foundation right after. I noticed that the foundation went on splotchy and uneven so I removed it and tried again. The second time, I allowed the primer to dry completely (5 mins) and I noticed that even though i applied the foundation with a brush, there were visible finger prints and smeared lines around where i applied the primer. This stuff is so difficult to work with. The foundation still didnt apply evenly which defeats the purpose of using a primer. Although it may be because my skin is a tad dryer than usual but regardless, I've never had a problem like this with any other primers. I was disappointed with this product and would not buy it again.

on 11/29/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the only primer what keeps me non-oily for few hours (it is good- my T-zone gets veeeeeeery oily) which many high rated mattifiers didn't. I'll repeat it. it is THE ONLY ONE after trying plenty. I'm on 4th or 5th tube of this. It's small but you need just a bit for large area. I like that there is a little tip at the end- it makes it easy to apply (and its hygienic) BUT whenever I open it its runny. MAC please fix this! It is so annoying when you waste expensive product!
Another thing- I can't blend my foundation over it so I just don't apply foundation on my T-zone. If you dont wear make up and youre oily- this will be great for you.
You can use it on the foundation and it works BUT you have to be really careful because you can easily smudge the make up.

on 11/12/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Okay so I went to the mac store today and I wanted a primer and was offered this one. I was bit worried because after seeing the reviews here I wasn't so sure I wanted it. But they let me test it and I told them I'd get back to them if I like it. Anyways it's 7:30pm and I used this 11am in the morning. My nose still isn't greasing, my forehead is "shineless". Everywhere I put it is perfect, it keeps you but not overly dry which is good plus my skin feels so smooooooth. Only issue: it's friggin small like sooo small you can't afford to be wasteful with it. Just use it where you're really oily. Oh and of course it's expensive like every other mac product.