MAC Del Rio Lipstick

MAC Del Rio Lipstick

4.1

on 11/14/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I was looking for a replacement to a Bobbi Brown Lipstick that I had years ago called Plumberry which was a plum brown. BB didn't have a good alternate for it so I went to Mac and found this. This is slightly more red than the Plumberry but is a good pinky/ slightly reddish/brown lipstick when you want a nude but you don't want beige lips. I am NC 45 (med dark skin) and the beige nudes look ghostly on me. This is closer to my lip tone but slightly brighter. As a previous reviewer stated, it goes really well with Mac's Half Red lip liner.

I took one lippie off because it is supposed to be a satin but it is a drier to me than it seems a satin should be (or maybe I am just not used to this texture, I typically wear the MAC lustre or cremesheen formulas). I usually use a clear lip balm before applying or a touch of lip gloss after applying.

on 3/7/2016 1:53:00 PM

Del rio is a beauty I don't think its very popular like twig and cosmo but it is my signature I thought it would be captive but captive is too plum toned but del rio is like a mix of paramount and captive...its brown but has a reddish tone to it that becomes more noticeable as the lipstick wears throughout the day and it stays on long through eating and drinking and it looks good with dark and natural colored eye shadows I'm glad I settled with this color for a signature because I was spending too much buying each color trying to figure out which is best for my skin tone I'm nc40 so Del rio, VG 1, flat out fabulous and Lady danger are my favorite lipsticks and I just stock up on these.

on 8/15/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I really need to stop with the lipstick purchases. This is a beautiful color on my NW45 skintone. I believe I have returned this in the past because I wasn't ready to bask in its beauty. You know how nude, concealer, dead lips were all the rage a few years ago? It was at that time that I wasn't ready for this. Now this is my go to lipstick for any day even if I do not have on any other makeup. Makes such a difference to my face. I see no plum in this shade. Just brown mostly with a hint of red/pink. Very beautiful shade for us women of color. I will continue to purchase every time I run out. The lip pencil that goes perfectly with this (also from MAC) is Half Red.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely adore this product. it goes amazing with my skin tone and it's a great "on the run" shade. I was checking out the MAC website and I had really liked the shade so I ran to my MAC counter and bought it right away. it's a beautiful brownish-plum colour. once I'm finished this tube I will definitely re-purchase it.

The first time I tried del rio on I loved it but it wasnt in stock as are most of the lipsticks at my local mac counter but when I finally did buy it I wore it often until I found wnw spiked with rum which is similar but actually prettier spiked w/rum has that va va voom that I like del rio can stay at mac for I wouldnt repurchase id choose wnw over this or just stick with macs paramount for a brown and why ppl say this is plum is beyond me its not swatch your hand it is brown if anything macs retro is what is being described in these reviews not del rio...

on 3/4/2014 11:57:00 AM

I wear a lot of clothes in solid black and cool neutrals, so this lipstick provides a nice pop of colour. If I just dab it on, I get a nice dark pink stain that isn't too bright - more like a pinker version of how my lips look after brushing my teeth. I like wearing it with my glasses and no eye makeup or just black/dark brown eyeliner. The stain lasts for a few hours even if I drink water frequently. When applied full-on, I get a more vampy, almost 1920s dark raspberry-pink look that still works with my skin tone (Stila tinted moisturiser in tone / Urban Decay tinted moisturiser in Halo), and the colour lasts much longer. MAC lipsticks are generally very pigmented, and this is no exception.

The packaging is the usual MAC type Ė black, sleek, bullet-shaped Ė and the slightly waxy scent is also standard for Satin lipsticks. In terms of how long it stays good, I hardly used it for about a year after buying, and it still smells totally okay now that itís back in rotation.

Iím not sure if I would repurchase this (got it with a Back to MAC), since a) I havenít gotten into the habit of wearing this that often, and b) Iíd like to try lipstick from other brands (e.g. Nars). But I do recommend this since I think it would work with a lot of skin tones, and the quality is good. I also like how it doesnít require a lip brush to look decent! Iíd say that overall, for those looking for a work-friendly dark pink lipstick, this would be really good value. I'm taking one lippy off my overall rating because although it works for me, it's not HG or a core lip colour (yet).

on 2/23/2013 6:45:00 AM

This is too dark for me so I had to add white gloss or else it looks drab. I had to keep mixing glosses/lip colors becos on its own it does nothing to enhance my skin color

on 1/1/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

If I tread lightly this lipstick, it's a very natural pinky-brown look on me. When I layer it, it's a deep reddish-plum. I tend to go for latter because it always ups the va-va voom factor of a little black dress or similar outfits. Who doesn't love sexy, come-hither lips? I get compliments with either look, so the versatility is what makes this one of my favs.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is such a pretty color. Its kinda dark & great for a night out, as for day id only wear it if i were a bold lip kinda person (which iam). On my very lightly pigmented lips this comes off as a reddish brown similar to Revlon's matte Fabulous Fig which i also really like.

on 7/21/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I was told a few years back that Del Rio had been D/C by MAC. So I looked and looked and found shades that I could combine to get this color; a shade I wore for YEARS. Shocked to find it wasn't THIS Del Rio but another shade called this that was LE by MAC.

I wear many reds. Compared to my reds, this looks like a plummy brown in the tube. On my pigmented lips, its more of a raisin shade that can make me look dead if I layer it on too heavily. I don't get red, I don't get brown, I get a blueish plum brown.

LOVE IT. Every day shade all year. It's my lips but a bit better.