4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

This gloss is perfect! I applied Black Honey gloss yesterday and it moisturized my lips instantly. This shade of sheer purple is beautiful and really helps to enhance your lips. My lips looked healthier as soon as I applied it. The gloss is not sticky and lasts quite long. There isn't much of a scent to this. Easily will recommend this to anyone looking for a berry gloss.

About reviewer (351 reviews)

Age25-29

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Very sticky, long lasting gloss! I don't find it that moisturizing but it's also not drying at all. It's a strange sheer plum-ish tone (kinda of hard to describe) I can see this being universally flattering. It fades evenly, doesn't leave a weird ring around the lips or anything. Would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

1.0

4 years ago

Aweful. Looking from the outside of the tube you would think it's highly pigmented, but it not. It's very sheer, and sticky. What a waste of money.

About reviewer (1080 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

4 years ago

My HG lip gloss! So flattering and much glossier than any other. Love that it comes in a generous tube instead of those thin tubes with a wand where you can't get the last bit out. I received this as a sample from Sephora and am now anxiously waiting for the full size to come back in stock. Will buy 2! I used to buy this years ago in a little pot but it was discontinued and I gave up hope to ever find it again. Sephora has the exclusive on it. I am so enraptured by this balm/gloss that I ordered everything Clinique has in black honey: The Almost Lipstick The Eye Liner Pencil The Fat Mascara On the Nordstrom site they even have the Eye Shadow single!

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age44-55

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

WOW. This is the best lipgloss i'v ever tried!! I'm normally a matte lipstick gal. But I bought this in a set, and figured i'd try it. and oh my gosh. it's so smooth, no too thick, but not too thin it wears off right away. It has no flavor, but a mild scent that I can't quite put my finger on. It lasts about two hours on me, and leaves my lips soft and supple! It feels like I put on a thick lip balm. Great for the winter months. The colour is very lightly tinted, it's almost clear on my pigmented lips.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2.0
from

5 years ago

It's not the same color as the classic Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. Not a huge deal IF it was flattering against my NC20/cool-neutral skintone, but sadly it is not. There's too much of a brown/orange undertone and not enough of that beautiful, soft reddish/berry tones of the Almost Lipstick. Too bad because I love the shine, moisture and cushy/balmy feel of the Superbalms and how they can basically replace regular lipbalm/gloss for me. Only issue I had with ALL of them, including this one, is that the formula goes rancid in less than a year (smells awful!).

About reviewer (628 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

Love this. If you're like me and loved the color of Black Honey Almost Lipstick but wanted it to last more than 5 minutes, this is a pumped-up glossy version that is super-moisturizing and really lasts. While the initial glassiness tones down a bit, I still have a thin layer of moisture and a pretty stain on my lips 8 hours later (after eating and drinking). Same shade, but closer in texture to Lip Glass; you squeeze the gel-like gloss out of a tube, so you get slightly more pigment than the Almost Lipstick, but the effect is quite sheer and you can play around with how much product you want to apply. I don't usually buy lipstick/lip color; I'm pretty happy with my assortment of lip balms and GWP lipsticks in neutrals and berries. I bought this to top off my shopping cart at Sephora to get free shipping about 3 years ago; I had never been a fan of the squeezy tube glosses or high-shine lacquers as I have fuller lips and too much shine is just overkill. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I've been using this mostly in the cooler months, when my skin is more matte and the hyper-glossy lip looks fresh and youthful, not unseemly. And as I said, it's a really excellent moisturizer; I don't have to keep applying lip balm when I use this. Definitely a staple item.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

This is my MUST HAVE. After being a true lover of the black honey almost lipstick Sephora started carrying the Superbalm black honey. It was instant LOVE on my part. Love LOVE LOVE is all I can say and if there were a dupe someone please tell me. I think they only sell the superbalm in black honey at Sephora? I will use this gloss as long as I live.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

from

6 years ago

This is a nice gloss - fairly thick but not overly sticky, it really is very moisturising and feels great on the lips. The colour is on the sheer side which I like - the lipstick from the same range definitely has more payoff, but being someone who hardly ever wears anything other than lip balm, I prefer the gloss. I probably would not get it again if I lost it because it is expensive for what it is, but I am enjoying it while it lasts.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I had purchased 3 tints in these (Curarnt, Raspberry, and Black Honey). I purchased them because I wanted ease of application i.e. apply without a mirror. It is a nice consistency - not too sticky. It feels very pleasant on the lips and keeps my lips hydrated. This colour has to be the most disappoiting colour of the 3. it applied unevenly and made me look tired. I also needed a mirror to apply this which defeated the purpose of buying these to begin with. The lipstick version of this colour is much better. This will be going back to the store because i hardly use it.

About reviewer (834 reviews)

Age30-35