Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

3.2

This was an impulse purchase at a duty free shop on the way home from an impulsive trip to Japan. Maybe the scent reminds me of throwing caution to the wind and the summer of being 26. The scent reminds me of late, green, summer nights spent with friends and finding new independence. It is my go-to scent for warmer months and is easily one of my most favorite. My bottle is on its last drop. Truly the only fragrance I have completed in my adult life, one that has reappeared summer after summer. Will I repurchase? Absolutely.

on 3/26/2013 5:53:00 AM

Aha...another take on Cristalle, the legendary Cristalle after the EDP interpretation....

It is fresh, green and suprising, for a fragrance of this genre, I find this a very long lasting fragrance even more so if compared to the original Cristalle EDT (new re-formulated version) which is to me, hardly much left after half and hour or so.

I love the original Cristalle for it unique character but alas, it is not for me as it do not last on my body chemistry as metioned above but for Cristalle Eau Verte, it is a totally different story altogether....it lasts and smells divine with its constant all round freshness...

A great fragrance for hot weather and is a great perk me up or freshen me up fragrance....

As I always advocate fragrances with its own character and not the common fruity/syrup sweet smelling types, I find Cristalle Eau Verte (despite not entirely original in both name, as it is a flanker anyway as well as the constuction of the fragrance) still a very refreshing, interesting and more easily accepted twist from its original Cristalle big sister....

on 1/26/2012 6:12:00 PM

I wore the original Cristalle in the early 80s and absolutely loved it - it was the only fragrance for me - but then they changed it and I didn't like it anymore. So I was excited to find that they'd come out with this version. This will definitely "remind" you of the original Cristalle but it's more feminine and soft. It opens with the same lemon/bergamot notes as the original Cristalle, but dries down to a "soapy" scent, with the citrus notes in the background. Maybe it's the magnolia, which some describe as "creamy", or maybe it's just how it smells on me. So it seems odd that they would name it "Eau Verte" as if the green notes are more emphasized than the original Cristalle when in fact I think it's the opposite. Anyway it's a nice blend of crisp and feminine, and subtle enough to wear for everyday. Since I can't have the original Cristalle, I guess this is the next best thing.

on 12/26/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The original Cristalle Eau de Toilette is so beautiful, feminine and timeless (original Eau de Parfum not as good as EDT) but this is truly horrible! Smells harsh, chemical and kind of masculine too.

on 9/27/2010 12:45:00 AM

Lemony, airy, green. This scent really picks me up. I am glad that my impulse buying steered me in a good direction this time around. IMO, this scent is wonderful for summer, as it is refreshing. Cristalle Eau Verte is a good scent to wear to get lunch with your girlfriends, Definetly a daytime scent. It reminds me of myself a bit. Casual, not too serious, playful and somewhat aloof.

on 2/23/2010 11:58:00 PM

It's a bit difficult to explain, but I'll give it a shot. Normally, I like, love, dislike, or hate a perfume. This one...I can't pin it down.

Per the package insert: Magnolia notes are rendered transparent with fresh citrus and neroli accents.

I got an initial blast of lemonheads, and immediately started looking for it online! About 15 minutes in, an almost cilantro-ish herbal followed by a whisper of magnolia/soft lemon took over. Not powdery at all, just very clear and green. I don't dislike it, but--you ever have to stay the night at someone's house unexpectedly? It felt like I'd used someone else's shampoo, soap, conditioner, and lotion. Kind of like I've borowed someone else's skin, maybe? I think magnolia, though I love the scent of the flower, just isn't me when it comes to perfume. Lasting power was about 4 hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Boy am I not having any luck with Chanel this year! I tried this fragrance twice - loved the bottle and the colour of the liquid, and I was hoping for a light fragrance for the summer and this looked like just the ticket. Mais non, this wasn't it. It smelt so citrusy along with something else that was underlying and really on me, not that pleasant. Almost a male fragrance, a tad lighter though. From Chanel, I think I still expect some old word complexities, yet I found this an almost linear fragrance. Nope, not for me.

on 6/6/2009 3:32:00 PM

I don't care for it. Strong lemon & bergamot, quite plain, lacks originality.

Freshly applied on my wrist, Cristalle Eau Verte developed into the most exquisite mandarin - round and fully faceted yet sharpening to a finely honed pique, but at the same time not actually sharp at all - hovering above fresh pale flowers, an armful, with a hint of green. The two layers did not blend, but existed separately, in harmony and a complement to each other. There's hardly any sweetness to this scent, and that makes it truly refreshing. I must say, it's all about that excellent mandarin top, and I do wish the whole experience lasted longer, but after only an hour I can barely detect anything. It's gorgeous but maddeningly fleeting. At least it didn't break down or turn crude. Chanel markets this as an Eau de Toilette Concentree, but to be honest that label is misleading. No sale for me, but it still gets a thumbs up and a recommendation for anyone to at least give it a test drive.

Popular Fragrances