CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

3.3

on 3/23/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm choosing the option " did not meet expectations" on the return slip. I am a huge fan of the original Cristalle having quickly gone through 2 bottles. I've ordered from Nordstrom but decided to order from Chanel directly. I wish I had read reviews here prior. My direct analysis is the dry down smells like Lemon Pledge furniture polish. It doesn't have the acrid green dry down of Cristalle proper. I pat myself on the back for being willing to try something new. Oh well I tried.

on 7/30/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was a huge fan of Chanel Cristalle and wore it throughout my twenties. I always had mixed reactions from my husband, friends and family, some liked, some didn't. I recently purchased Cristalle Eau Verte, and any reaction would be welcome as sadly after half an hour it almost completely disappears on me. It starts off a little harsh and lemony, I think I can smell the magnolia and bergamot coming through as it dries down. Then nothing....... disappears on me. Perfumes usually last well on me. Sadly I won't be purchasing again as consider that I have spent £50 for nothing, very disappointed, I will go back to my other Chanel favourites.

on 10/21/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was in the mood for something to remind me of summer, now that winter feels right around the corner. I had Cristalle in mind, having been a long-time fan of the EDT and having had a brief fling with the EDP. I tested both, and neither were hitting the mark. This flanker turned out to be just right. It has the lightness and sharp citrus of the EDT and the sweeter floral of the EDP (but magnolia here vs jasmine). If you like either, it is worth testing. The SA told me it layers well with the original Cristalle lotion. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells plausible.

ETA: I have bumped up the lippies from four to five as I've been wearing this every day for over a week and completely love it!

on 4/5/2011 8:48:00 AM

Really disappointed with this. I adore Cristalle, have worn it on and off since I was 15, this is nothing like it which of course is fine on a way but it seems to me to have none of the citrus freshness I was hoping for. I ordinarily love green fragrances but this feels harsh and raspy and unpleasant. Sprayed it on this morning and glad to be home to remove it. Wanted a fresh citrus with green. What a shame.

on 1/5/2011 4:17:00 PM

The person below me described it as "green" and that's exactly what I smell as well! haha But green in a good way! It's a little sweet as well. Would be a great day time scent for spring.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love crisp green chypres heavy on the lemons and this is
exactly what this is. It is absolute heaven for five minutes max,
and then it's gone.
Allure Magazine gave this an editor's choice award in the
green scent catagory but they must not have waited to see
if it lasts.

I want a perfume that smells just like this, but lasts and wafts
for hours. This is GONE in five minutes on me.
It is like Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche in this respect.
I love that too as it's also a green chypre but again,
in five minutes, POOF.

It only comes in one variety, a big bottle of "parfume concentre".
What a joke. I am taking this big expensive bottle back to
Nordstroms. My search for a perfect lemon chypre continues.

Smells like something you can get from L'Occitane for half the price. But with the current trend of releasing a new fragrance every half a year, we really can't expect a masterpiece every time. Does not smell anything like Cristalle edt or edp, but smells good in its own way.

on 9/22/2009 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

When I first tried it, I hated it. The top note is such disgustingly sweet lemon scent. It felt as id Id rubbed lemon all over me. Luckily, after an hour, the lemony scent has passed and the drydown (warm, slightly oriental) is much more pleasant. As with all Chanel fragrances, it has very long staying power. I wouldnt repurchase simply because I cannot stand the top notes.