CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

3.2

on 5/27/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Can't get past the smell of a lemon cleaning product. My husband screwed his nose up too. So wanted to like it, but it's one of the worst perfumes I have ever had. Oh well, back to the chanel counter it goes...

on 8/14/2012 12:15:00 AM

Eau Verte, maybe. Overt- no. I really, really like this and have revelled in my little decant during a hot week but the lasting power is crummy. Low sillage, too. Maybe this is a good thing for some, but I like to smell a bit of the goods that I've shelled out so much hard earned cash for. At about a dollar a ml, it's the perfume equivilent of a mocha frappichino, because you'll go through about $5 a day if you reapply it frequently enough that you can percieve it on yourself. So no, I wouldn't repurchase. But man, is it a singingly glorious summer morning for the first 15 minutes or so... Lovely, classy, refreshing, clean but lacking that hideous windexey note that so many 'clean' modern scents go crazy for. It smells like Grace Kelly in white linen tennis clothes off to play a match of both sport and wit against James Stewart. Just perfect if it works for you.

on 4/5/2011 8:48:00 AM

Really disappointed with this. I adore Cristalle, have worn it on and off since I was 15, this is nothing like it which of course is fine on a way but it seems to me to have none of the citrus freshness I was hoping for. I ordinarily love green fragrances but this feels harsh and raspy and unpleasant. Sprayed it on this morning and glad to be home to remove it. Wanted a fresh citrus with green. What a shame.

on 1/5/2011 4:17:00 PM

The person below me described it as "green" and that's exactly what I smell as well! haha But green in a good way! It's a little sweet as well. Would be a great day time scent for spring.

on 11/2/2010 5:31:00 AM

Eau Verte is a flanker I actually love. It's completely different from the original Cristalle . The opening is a gorgeous sharp and almost biting lemon. If you love the lemon in Shalimar then it may appeal to you. As the lemon fades, the greeness comes through- sheer and airy accompanied soon after by a dry down of iris. It's a pretty scent and with enough of a separate personality to own a bottle of it , you already have the original Cristalle perfumer. I love it.

on 5/18/2010 11:31:00 PM

See Bath & Body Works White Citrus.

on 3/2/2010 8:15:00 AM

I would probably give this a 4.5. It's a citrus scent with a soft green twist, as well as some faint sweetness to it. It's not as interesting as the original Cristalle (both EDT and EDP), but perhaps more wearable, especially in warmer weather. The citrus in it may be limes as well as lemon. I think this is more marketable to younger audiences than Cristalle, which still has that old-fashioned sort of Chanel scent (for better or for worse), but yet it's not a "teeny-bopper" scent. It still smells classy. I smell less aldehydes in Cristalle Eau Verte, and more just a pleasant soft green citrus clean scent. Possibly the only downside is it doesn't last that long on the skin. It was gone in a few hours.

This isn't an obvious Chanel type to me. Where as I cannot stand the original Cristalle, I was surprised to find that I love the Eau Verte after first smelling it on the SA. I don't know why the two are related though as I see no relation. To me its quite an herbacious, natural smelling scent, opens with a fresh almost sherberty burst and settles down into the skin, which makes a lovely subtle, anytime light scent when I don't want to overpower. I got this as a gift as I wont purchase such a huge bottle at such a hefty price. It only comes in a big size, which I think is a set back, since not everyone wants a great big bottle, hence knocking a lippy off.

on 9/22/2009 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

When I first tried it, I hated it. The top note is such disgustingly sweet lemon scent. It felt as id I’d rubbed lemon all over me. Luckily, after an hour, the lemony scent has passed and the drydown (warm, slightly oriental) is much more pleasant. As with all Chanel fragrances, it has very long staying power. I wouldn’t repurchase simply because I cannot stand the top notes.