CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

3.0

on 10/21/2012 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was in the mood for something to remind me of summer, now that winter feels right around the corner. I had Cristalle in mind, having been a long-time fan of the EDT and having had a brief fling with the EDP. I tested both, and neither were hitting the mark. This flanker turned out to be just right. It has the lightness and sharp citrus of the EDT and the sweeter floral of the EDP (but magnolia here vs jasmine). If you like either, it is worth testing. The SA told me it layers well with the original Cristalle lotion. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells plausible.

ETA: I have bumped up the lippies from four to five as I've been wearing this every day for over a week and completely love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Boy am I not having any luck with Chanel this year! I tried this fragrance twice - loved the bottle and the colour of the liquid, and I was hoping for a light fragrance for the summer and this looked like just the ticket. Mais non, this wasn't it. It smelt so citrusy along with something else that was underlying and really on me, not that pleasant. Almost a male fragrance, a tad lighter though. From Chanel, I think I still expect some old word complexities, yet I found this an almost linear fragrance. Nope, not for me.