Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

4.2

This was an impulse purchase at a duty free shop on the way home from an impulsive trip to Japan. Maybe the scent reminds me of throwing caution to the wind and the summer of being 26. The scent reminds me of late, green, summer nights spent with friends and finding new independence. It is my go-to scent for warmer months and is easily one of my most favorite. My bottle is on its last drop. Truly the only fragrance I have completed in my adult life, one that has reappeared summer after summer. Will I repurchase? Absolutely.

on 7/30/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was a huge fan of Chanel Cristalle and wore it throughout my twenties. I always had mixed reactions from my husband, friends and family, some liked, some didn't. I recently purchased Cristalle Eau Verte, and any reaction would be welcome as sadly after half an hour it almost completely disappears on me. It starts off a little harsh and lemony, I think I can smell the magnolia and bergamot coming through as it dries down. Then nothing....... disappears on me. Perfumes usually last well on me. Sadly I won't be purchasing again as consider that I have spent £50 for nothing, very disappointed, I will go back to my other Chanel favourites.

on 3/26/2013 5:53:00 AM

Aha...another take on Cristalle, the legendary Cristalle after the EDP interpretation....

It is fresh, green and suprising, for a fragrance of this genre, I find this a very long lasting fragrance even more so if compared to the original Cristalle EDT (new re-formulated version) which is to me, hardly much left after half and hour or so.

I love the original Cristalle for it unique character but alas, it is not for me as it do not last on my body chemistry as metioned above but for Cristalle Eau Verte, it is a totally different story altogether....it lasts and smells divine with its constant all round freshness...

A great fragrance for hot weather and is a great perk me up or freshen me up fragrance....

As I always advocate fragrances with its own character and not the common fruity/syrup sweet smelling types, I find Cristalle Eau Verte (despite not entirely original in both name, as it is a flanker anyway as well as the constuction of the fragrance) still a very refreshing, interesting and more easily accepted twist from its original Cristalle big sister....

Imagine a bowl of ice-cold water, floating in it: lime slices, lemon blossoms, orange blossoms, blossoms freshly picked from a very green kind of jasmine, ice-cubes and sweet scented magnolia blossoms...

The effect is fresh and clear as water but never cold, just cooling and effervescent with a sweet top (the magnolia) that takes all the dreaded old-fashioned negative chypre-associations away.
(It is not: herbal or mossy, which I like per se, but this is NOT what you're going to find here - contrary to the original Cristalle EdT...)

Official notes are:
Magnolia, lemon, bergamot, neroli, jasmine, and abstract white flowers.

This is absolutely becoming one of my top three scents and my first choice for the upcoming spring and summer.

If you like Light Blue or Ô de Lancôme, go for it!

on 2/22/2013 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i just lovvee! its so fresh , femme..and summery...i love the chanel chance..fra. green....but this is much better to me, i like the green chance but this is less musky i think and more brighter....i have 2 bottles!

i love how this fresh, rather masculine smell developes into a warm feminine scent!

I'm on my second bottle of Cristalle Eau Verte. I have to say i absolutely adore it! it works magic with my body chemistry. I get why someone finds it masculine because my friend liked it on me so much she sprayed some on her wrist, we both agreed that it smelled like men's cologne on her - musky and woody (weird!).

but on me it smells citrusy at first, which is perfect for Hong Kong summer, after half an hour or so it dries down to a beautiful floral note. The only thing to complain about is the staying power, i have to re-apply during/after lunch. Gotta figure out a way though now that i have the 100ml bottle!

on 1/26/2012 6:12:00 PM

I wore the original Cristalle in the early 80s and absolutely loved it - it was the only fragrance for me - but then they changed it and I didn't like it anymore. So I was excited to find that they'd come out with this version. This will definitely "remind" you of the original Cristalle but it's more feminine and soft. It opens with the same lemon/bergamot notes as the original Cristalle, but dries down to a "soapy" scent, with the citrus notes in the background. Maybe it's the magnolia, which some describe as "creamy", or maybe it's just how it smells on me. So it seems odd that they would name it "Eau Verte" as if the green notes are more emphasized than the original Cristalle when in fact I think it's the opposite. Anyway it's a nice blend of crisp and feminine, and subtle enough to wear for everyday. Since I can't have the original Cristalle, I guess this is the next best thing.

on 5/20/2011 3:24:00 AM

I love Eau Verte. It is uplifting, positive and the perfect choice for warm spring and summer days.
The original Cristalle is wonderful, too and I love fresh, sharp and green citrus fragrances. Here we also have magnolia (fully in bloom).
The Eau de Toilette "concentree" lasts many hours on me which is rather unusual on my skin (citrus notes tend to fade within 1-3h on me), Eau Verte is longlasting.

Great flanker and worth a try if you are into fresh, green and classic scents.

on 11/16/2010 10:59:00 PM

Generally I find Chanel fragrances cloying....I first had a whiff of Cristalle Eau Verte on a friend and asked her what she was wearing, it smelt green and fresh on her. I used a sample spray from the counter to see if it would smell similar on me and I absolutely loved it! Suitable for both day and night use.

Popular Fragrances