CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

2.8

on 3/23/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm choosing the option " did not meet expectations" on the return slip. I am a huge fan of the original Cristalle having quickly gone through 2 bottles. I've ordered from Nordstrom but decided to order from Chanel directly. I wish I had read reviews here prior. My direct analysis is the dry down smells like Lemon Pledge furniture polish. It doesn't have the acrid green dry down of Cristalle proper. I pat myself on the back for being willing to try something new. Oh well I tried.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm so happy I finally finished this.
The scent is way too strong for my liking, and too harsh on the citrus-y smell.

It's like the creators accidentally spazzed and squeezed too much lime juice in the formula, but were too lazy to change it.

Plus, I always say you never know the true quality of a perfume until you mix it with your sweat, and this one after long hours in the sun smells horrible.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a long time user of many Chanel fragrances and recently purchased this for spring/summer. I would describe the scent as sparkling, citrusy and fresh - exactly what I was looking for during humid months in the southern climate where I live. What I did not notice however, was the sweetness of this perfume. After a few weeks of wearing this scent, I started noticing this sweet scent more and more and unfortunately, it's now all I can smell and it's a bit too much for my nose. So I promptly switched back to my Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere and haven't touched Cristalle Eau Verte since. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect spring/summer perfume, but may go for something a bit more floral and less fruity Jolly Rancher. The bottle does look lovely on my dressing table though. :)

on 12/26/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The original Cristalle Eau de Toilette is so beautiful, feminine and timeless (original Eau de Parfum not as good as EDT) but this is truly horrible! Smells harsh, chemical and kind of masculine too.

on 4/5/2011 8:48:00 AM

Really disappointed with this. I adore Cristalle, have worn it on and off since I was 15, this is nothing like it which of course is fine on a way but it seems to me to have none of the citrus freshness I was hoping for. I ordinarily love green fragrances but this feels harsh and raspy and unpleasant. Sprayed it on this morning and glad to be home to remove it. Wanted a fresh citrus with green. What a shame.

on 6/25/2010 12:42:00 PM

Lovely fresh scent, always get compliments when I wear this. I prefer clean, fresh yet subtle scents and this fits the bill in a sophisticated way. Perfect for summer, office or anytime really.

on 5/21/2010 6:56:00 AM

Mixed review, this is for the EDT which I've been testing for the past month. I love this scent. It is fresh, light, every-day wearable....but after only a couple hours it vanishes! I like it enough to reapply it throughout the day, but it is too expensive to make this a sustainable practice. Sadly, I will not buy this again.

This isn't an obvious Chanel type to me. Where as I cannot stand the original Cristalle, I was surprised to find that I love the Eau Verte after first smelling it on the SA. I don't know why the two are related though as I see no relation. To me its quite an herbacious, natural smelling scent, opens with a fresh almost sherberty burst and settles down into the skin, which makes a lovely subtle, anytime light scent when I don't want to overpower. I got this as a gift as I wont purchase such a huge bottle at such a hefty price. It only comes in a big size, which I think is a set back, since not everyone wants a great big bottle, hence knocking a lippy off.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

My skin usually holds onto perfumes, but Eau Verte had gone in less than 3 hours. The first hour is lovely - a truly refreshing blend of lemon, bergamot and mandarin with a distinct grassy green note which prevents the scent from becoming too sweet. I can't smell any floral notes at all until the drydown, which is an unremarkable vaguely floral-powdery-musk. Both the edt and edp are by far superior - I love the edp, which is more floral and less bracing than the edt - so I won't be buying this one.

on 4/13/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wish I could say 'maybe' to this one, given I haven't really bought it and I am not sure I will. So, keep in mind, I am commenting on this fragrance based on testing it 10 times so far, but not actually owning it :-)

I am a huge fan of the original Cristalle, but I can assure, I am not trying to be a "purist" here and I am keeping my mind (and nose) open. In general, I like most Chanel fragrances. For reference, I like Allure and Allure Sensuelle, Coco, No 5, No 19 and Cristalle, so I do have a broad taste when it comes to Chanel fragrances. I also like some of their boutique fragrances, such as Coromandel and Rue Cambon. The only Chanel fragrance I truly dislike is Coco Mademoiselle. On Chance I am neutral - neither like nor dislike.

If in the right mix, I do like citrus fragrances, which is what Eau Verte is. Eau Verte is an attempt to launch a fresher version of the classic Cristalle fragrance (BTW, I already think of Cristalle as a "fresher" fragrance), similar to what Chanel did with No. 5 and Eau Premiere. While I have nothing against Chanel doing this, I honestly think they should name these new fragrances differently, as this way one cannot help but compare it to the original. There is nothing wrong with Eau Verte if you like intense citrusy fragrances which dry down to a very soapy finish. At least, that is my impression of this fragrance. To me, this does not resemble the original even closely (to my dismay, but maybe to someone else's joy), which as mentioned, is one of my all-time Chanel's favourites. So, in that way, it's not like what Eau Premier is to No. 5 - a more wearable and modern version of No. 5.

Eau Verte, as mentioned, opens intensely citrusy. It's not bad, especially if you like citrus notes, but I find it just a bit too much, almost like I am peeling a piece of fruit. The citusyness disappears relatively quickly and is replaced with a soapy drydown, which is not bad, but essentially, nothing special. To me, Eau Verte is just a non-descript fragrance, which could be just any other fragrance and not a Chanel.

The longevity of this fragrance is poor, I've had it disappear on me after an hour or so. This is probably one of the main reasons (along with the non-unique scent) why I have not purchased it so far and probably won't. I am personally sticking with the original.

BTW, the fragrance comes only in one concentration and size - EDT 60 ml. Forgot to ask how much it costs, but I would think about the same as the original Cristalle EDT 60 ml.