CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

Filtered by skin tone : Other
CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

4.1

on 8/14/2012 12:15:00 AM

Eau Verte, maybe. Overt- no. I really, really like this and have revelled in my little decant during a hot week but the lasting power is crummy. Low sillage, too. Maybe this is a good thing for some, but I like to smell a bit of the goods that I've shelled out so much hard earned cash for. At about a dollar a ml, it's the perfume equivilent of a mocha frappichino, because you'll go through about $5 a day if you reapply it frequently enough that you can percieve it on yourself. So no, I wouldn't repurchase. But man, is it a singingly glorious summer morning for the first 15 minutes or so... Lovely, classy, refreshing, clean but lacking that hideous windexey note that so many 'clean' modern scents go crazy for. It smells like Grace Kelly in white linen tennis clothes off to play a match of both sport and wit against James Stewart. Just perfect if it works for you.

on 1/5/2011 4:17:00 PM

The person below me described it as "green" and that's exactly what I smell as well! haha But green in a good way! It's a little sweet as well. Would be a great day time scent for spring.

on 11/16/2010 10:59:00 PM

Generally I find Chanel fragrances cloying....I first had a whiff of Cristalle Eau Verte on a friend and asked her what she was wearing, it smelt green and fresh on her. I used a sample spray from the counter to see if it would smell similar on me and I absolutely loved it! Suitable for both day and night use.

on 3/2/2010 8:15:00 AM

I would probably give this a 4.5. It's a citrus scent with a soft green twist, as well as some faint sweetness to it. It's not as interesting as the original Cristalle (both EDT and EDP), but perhaps more wearable, especially in warmer weather. The citrus in it may be limes as well as lemon. I think this is more marketable to younger audiences than Cristalle, which still has that old-fashioned sort of Chanel scent (for better or for worse), but yet it's not a "teeny-bopper" scent. It still smells classy. I smell less aldehydes in Cristalle Eau Verte, and more just a pleasant soft green citrus clean scent. Possibly the only downside is it doesn't last that long on the skin. It was gone in a few hours.

This isn't an obvious Chanel type to me. Where as I cannot stand the original Cristalle, I was surprised to find that I love the Eau Verte after first smelling it on the SA. I don't know why the two are related though as I see no relation. To me its quite an herbacious, natural smelling scent, opens with a fresh almost sherberty burst and settles down into the skin, which makes a lovely subtle, anytime light scent when I don't want to overpower. I got this as a gift as I wont purchase such a huge bottle at such a hefty price. It only comes in a big size, which I think is a set back, since not everyone wants a great big bottle, hence knocking a lippy off.

on 12/4/2009 11:05:00 AM

Spray Cristalle Eau Verte and be immediately returned to a moment in 1968 when someone's older brother, a college football hero, returned home for Christmas wearing a letterman's sweater and cheap, tangy mantle of Jade East cologne. Jade East was all flashy lemon and no substance, as tart on top as citric acid, and the same welcome blinds Eau Verte.

Eau Verte is as relatable to Cristalle as Lemonheads are to real lemons; it is that startling, puckery (and slightly trashy) opening that makes you think of the terrible genre of men's citrus colognes and perhaps miss what lies beneath. A shadow of original Cristalle's florals remains behind a new addition of magnolia, a note which is generally described as being "creamy" and which texturally adds a noticeable and desirable weight to the citrus-cologne properties of Eau Verte.

Eau Verte is both sprightly and lightweight luxurious. As the burst of citrus fades into the lemony magnolia, the composition becomes smoothly sweet and powdery the longer it wears. A touch of original honeysuckle remains, as does a fleeting dart of the melon that tempers Cristalle EdP, but without much herbal accent. Jasmine note is of the "clean" variety, meaning that indoles have been sanitized and what you smell is virginal jasmine, cloaked in white without the brown rot of age.

Not much can be said about the basenotes of Eau Verte. It's essentially a cologne based around magnolia with non-gourmand sweet tones and a "freshness" that seems right on target in the marketplace, but better rendered. I find it a bit frightening, but only in the sense that it is so diametrically opposed to the idea of classic perfumery as it stood prior to the universal need for synthetic "clean" smells. Eau Verte has no life cycle, no birth and decay and death (see: Patou 1000). It is fragrance and life in a sterilized vacuum, but in this case it is a nice-smelling vacuum, if a vacuum we must inhabit.

continued >>

Smells like something you can get from L'Occitane for half the price. But with the current trend of releasing a new fragrance every half a year, we really can't expect a masterpiece every time. Does not smell anything like Cristalle edt or edp, but smells good in its own way.

on 8/13/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this about 5 times before deciding that I could live without buying it (for the moment). I was quite excited to try this when I heard that Chanel were doing another version of Cristalle, however apart from a citrus burst in the opening (which it couldn't even be called Cristalle anything if it didn't have!), it's just another citrus, fresh summertime scent, a bit disppointing really. Chanel just seemed to have churned this out and charged a lot for some 'concentree' form that lasts for no more than a few hours. It's a nice non-offensive fragrance but nothing special. I personally prefer the original EDT version. UPDATE:10/07/09 I spray this nearly evey week at the perfume shop and actually like it more (Upped my rating). I can't smell this at all after spraying but everytime I had it on my sister said she could smell something lemony and nice. Usually I would just go out and buy it but as I said I can live without it for the moment. I'm going to ask for it for my Birthday instead! UPDATE:18/11/09 Bought this today, Debenhams were doing 10% off everything in the cosmetics hall + I had a gift voucher.