Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

3.6

on 3/23/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm choosing the option " did not meet expectations" on the return slip. I am a huge fan of the original Cristalle having quickly gone through 2 bottles. I've ordered from Nordstrom but decided to order from Chanel directly. I wish I had read reviews here prior. My direct analysis is the dry down smells like Lemon Pledge furniture polish. It doesn't have the acrid green dry down of Cristalle proper. I pat myself on the back for being willing to try something new. Oh well I tried.

on 5/27/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Can't get past the smell of a lemon cleaning product. My husband screwed his nose up too. So wanted to like it, but it's one of the worst perfumes I have ever had. Oh well, back to the chanel counter it goes...

on 12/26/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The original Cristalle Eau de Toilette is so beautiful, feminine and timeless (original Eau de Parfum not as good as EDT) but this is truly horrible! Smells harsh, chemical and kind of masculine too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Boy am I not having any luck with Chanel this year! I tried this fragrance twice - loved the bottle and the colour of the liquid, and I was hoping for a light fragrance for the summer and this looked like just the ticket. Mais non, this wasn't it. It smelt so citrusy along with something else that was underlying and really on me, not that pleasant. Almost a male fragrance, a tad lighter though. From Chanel, I think I still expect some old word complexities, yet I found this an almost linear fragrance. Nope, not for me.

on 7/30/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was a huge fan of Chanel Cristalle and wore it throughout my twenties. I always had mixed reactions from my husband, friends and family, some liked, some didn't. I recently purchased Cristalle Eau Verte, and any reaction would be welcome as sadly after half an hour it almost completely disappears on me. It starts off a little harsh and lemony, I think I can smell the magnolia and bergamot coming through as it dries down. Then nothing....... disappears on me. Perfumes usually last well on me. Sadly I won't be purchasing again as consider that I have spent £50 for nothing, very disappointed, I will go back to my other Chanel favourites.

on 4/5/2011 8:48:00 AM

Really disappointed with this. I adore Cristalle, have worn it on and off since I was 15, this is nothing like it which of course is fine on a way but it seems to me to have none of the citrus freshness I was hoping for. I ordinarily love green fragrances but this feels harsh and raspy and unpleasant. Sprayed it on this morning and glad to be home to remove it. Wanted a fresh citrus with green. What a shame.

on 6/6/2009 3:32:00 PM

I don't care for it. Strong lemon & bergamot, quite plain, lacks originality.

on 5/10/2009 7:52:00 AM

This is quite lovely. It's also quite weak, and so I was surprised to see it sold as 'Eau de Toilette Concentree.' In my experience it doesn't have great staying power and lasts around two hours. I don't see any similarity between this and the original 'Cristalle,' which, overall, I prefer. I see 'Eau Verte' as more of a refreshing pick me up, a quick citrus fix. I like the emphasis on mandarin and the hint of magnolia. But I can think of other, similar fragrances which have more personality and more staying power.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm so happy I finally finished this.
The scent is way too strong for my liking, and too harsh on the citrus-y smell.

It's like the creators accidentally spazzed and squeezed too much lime juice in the formula, but were too lazy to change it.

Plus, I always say you never know the true quality of a perfume until you mix it with your sweat, and this one after long hours in the sun smells horrible.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a long time user of many Chanel fragrances and recently purchased this for spring/summer. I would describe the scent as sparkling, citrusy and fresh - exactly what I was looking for during humid months in the southern climate where I live. What I did not notice however, was the sweetness of this perfume. After a few weeks of wearing this scent, I started noticing this sweet scent more and more and unfortunately, it's now all I can smell and it's a bit too much for my nose. So I promptly switched back to my Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere and haven't touched Cristalle Eau Verte since. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect spring/summer perfume, but may go for something a bit more floral and less fruity Jolly Rancher. The bottle does look lovely on my dressing table though. :)

Popular Fragrances