Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte

3.6

This was an impulse purchase at a duty free shop on the way home from an impulsive trip to Japan. Maybe the scent reminds me of throwing caution to the wind and the summer of being 26. The scent reminds me of late, green, summer nights spent with friends and finding new independence. It is my go-to scent for warmer months and is easily one of my most favorite. My bottle is on its last drop. Truly the only fragrance I have completed in my adult life, one that has reappeared summer after summer. Will I repurchase? Absolutely.

on 3/23/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm choosing the option " did not meet expectations" on the return slip. I am a huge fan of the original Cristalle having quickly gone through 2 bottles. I've ordered from Nordstrom but decided to order from Chanel directly. I wish I had read reviews here prior. My direct analysis is the dry down smells like Lemon Pledge furniture polish. It doesn't have the acrid green dry down of Cristalle proper. I pat myself on the back for being willing to try something new. Oh well I tried.

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm so happy I finally finished this.
The scent is way too strong for my liking, and too harsh on the citrus-y smell.

It's like the creators accidentally spazzed and squeezed too much lime juice in the formula, but were too lazy to change it.

Plus, I always say you never know the true quality of a perfume until you mix it with your sweat, and this one after long hours in the sun smells horrible.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a long time user of many Chanel fragrances and recently purchased this for spring/summer. I would describe the scent as sparkling, citrusy and fresh - exactly what I was looking for during humid months in the southern climate where I live. What I did not notice however, was the sweetness of this perfume. After a few weeks of wearing this scent, I started noticing this sweet scent more and more and unfortunately, it's now all I can smell and it's a bit too much for my nose. So I promptly switched back to my Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere and haven't touched Cristalle Eau Verte since. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect spring/summer perfume, but may go for something a bit more floral and less fruity Jolly Rancher. The bottle does look lovely on my dressing table though. :)

on 7/30/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was a huge fan of Chanel Cristalle and wore it throughout my twenties. I always had mixed reactions from my husband, friends and family, some liked, some didn't. I recently purchased Cristalle Eau Verte, and any reaction would be welcome as sadly after half an hour it almost completely disappears on me. It starts off a little harsh and lemony, I think I can smell the magnolia and bergamot coming through as it dries down. Then nothing....... disappears on me. Perfumes usually last well on me. Sadly I won't be purchasing again as consider that I have spent £50 for nothing, very disappointed, I will go back to my other Chanel favourites.

on 5/27/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Can't get past the smell of a lemon cleaning product. My husband screwed his nose up too. So wanted to like it, but it's one of the worst perfumes I have ever had. Oh well, back to the chanel counter it goes...

on 3/26/2013 5:53:00 AM

Aha...another take on Cristalle, the legendary Cristalle after the EDP interpretation....

It is fresh, green and suprising, for a fragrance of this genre, I find this a very long lasting fragrance even more so if compared to the original Cristalle EDT (new re-formulated version) which is to me, hardly much left after half and hour or so.

I love the original Cristalle for it unique character but alas, it is not for me as it do not last on my body chemistry as metioned above but for Cristalle Eau Verte, it is a totally different story altogether....it lasts and smells divine with its constant all round freshness...

A great fragrance for hot weather and is a great perk me up or freshen me up fragrance....

As I always advocate fragrances with its own character and not the common fruity/syrup sweet smelling types, I find Cristalle Eau Verte (despite not entirely original in both name, as it is a flanker anyway as well as the constuction of the fragrance) still a very refreshing, interesting and more easily accepted twist from its original Cristalle big sister....

Imagine a bowl of ice-cold water, floating in it: lime slices, lemon blossoms, orange blossoms, blossoms freshly picked from a very green kind of jasmine, ice-cubes and sweet scented magnolia blossoms...

The effect is fresh and clear as water but never cold, just cooling and effervescent with a sweet top (the magnolia) that takes all the dreaded old-fashioned negative chypre-associations away.
(It is not: herbal or mossy, which I like per se, but this is NOT what you're going to find here - contrary to the original Cristalle EdT...)

Official notes are:
Magnolia, lemon, bergamot, neroli, jasmine, and abstract white flowers.

This is absolutely becoming one of my top three scents and my first choice for the upcoming spring and summer.

If you like Light Blue or Ô de Lancôme, go for it!

on 2/22/2013 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i just lovvee! its so fresh , femme..and summery...i love the chanel chance..fra. green....but this is much better to me, i like the green chance but this is less musky i think and more brighter....i have 2 bottles!

i love how this fresh, rather masculine smell developes into a warm feminine scent!

Popular Fragrances