CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

Filtered by age: 44-55
CHANEL Cristalle Eau Verte

2.8

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been a long time wearer of the original Cristalle and was excited to give this a try hoping for a new favorite but I was very disappointed. There is nothing of brightness or juiciness of the original, in fact is just smelled a bit flat and dirty to me.

on 3/23/2016 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'm choosing the option " did not meet expectations" on the return slip. I am a huge fan of the original Cristalle having quickly gone through 2 bottles. I've ordered from Nordstrom but decided to order from Chanel directly. I wish I had read reviews here prior. My direct analysis is the dry down smells like Lemon Pledge furniture polish. It doesn't have the acrid green dry down of Cristalle proper. I pat myself on the back for being willing to try something new. Oh well I tried.

on 5/27/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Can't get past the smell of a lemon cleaning product. My husband screwed his nose up too. So wanted to like it, but it's one of the worst perfumes I have ever had. Oh well, back to the chanel counter it goes...

on 1/26/2012 6:12:00 PM

I wore the original Cristalle in the early 80s and absolutely loved it - it was the only fragrance for me - but then they changed it and I didn't like it anymore. So I was excited to find that they'd come out with this version. This will definitely "remind" you of the original Cristalle but it's more feminine and soft. It opens with the same lemon/bergamot notes as the original Cristalle, but dries down to a "soapy" scent, with the citrus notes in the background. Maybe it's the magnolia, which some describe as "creamy", or maybe it's just how it smells on me. So it seems odd that they would name it "Eau Verte" as if the green notes are more emphasized than the original Cristalle when in fact I think it's the opposite. Anyway it's a nice blend of crisp and feminine, and subtle enough to wear for everyday. Since I can't have the original Cristalle, I guess this is the next best thing.

on 9/15/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Quite simply elegance in a bottle.

on 5/20/2011 3:24:00 AM

I love Eau Verte. It is uplifting, positive and the perfect choice for warm spring and summer days.
The original Cristalle is wonderful, too and I love fresh, sharp and green citrus fragrances. Here we also have magnolia (fully in bloom).
The Eau de Toilette "concentree" lasts many hours on me which is rather unusual on my skin (citrus notes tend to fade within 1-3h on me), Eau Verte is longlasting.

Great flanker and worth a try if you are into fresh, green and classic scents.

on 6/25/2010 12:42:00 PM

Lovely fresh scent, always get compliments when I wear this. I prefer clean, fresh yet subtle scents and this fits the bill in a sophisticated way. Perfect for summer, office or anytime really.

on 5/21/2010 6:56:00 AM

Mixed review, this is for the EDT which I've been testing for the past month. I love this scent. It is fresh, light, every-day wearable....but after only a couple hours it vanishes! I like it enough to reapply it throughout the day, but it is too expensive to make this a sustainable practice. Sadly, I will not buy this again.

on 12/4/2009 11:05:00 AM

Spray Cristalle Eau Verte and be immediately returned to a moment in 1968 when someone's older brother, a college football hero, returned home for Christmas wearing a letterman's sweater and cheap, tangy mantle of Jade East cologne. Jade East was all flashy lemon and no substance, as tart on top as citric acid, and the same welcome blinds Eau Verte.

Eau Verte is as relatable to Cristalle as Lemonheads are to real lemons; it is that startling, puckery (and slightly trashy) opening that makes you think of the terrible genre of men's citrus colognes and perhaps miss what lies beneath. A shadow of original Cristalle's florals remains behind a new addition of magnolia, a note which is generally described as being "creamy" and which texturally adds a noticeable and desirable weight to the citrus-cologne properties of Eau Verte.

Eau Verte is both sprightly and lightweight luxurious. As the burst of citrus fades into the lemony magnolia, the composition becomes smoothly sweet and powdery the longer it wears. A touch of original honeysuckle remains, as does a fleeting dart of the melon that tempers Cristalle EdP, but without much herbal accent. Jasmine note is of the "clean" variety, meaning that indoles have been sanitized and what you smell is virginal jasmine, cloaked in white without the brown rot of age.

Not much can be said about the basenotes of Eau Verte. It's essentially a cologne based around magnolia with non-gourmand sweet tones and a "freshness" that seems right on target in the marketplace, but better rendered. I find it a bit frightening, but only in the sense that it is so diametrically opposed to the idea of classic perfumery as it stood prior to the universal need for synthetic "clean" smells. Eau Verte has no life cycle, no birth and decay and death (see: Patou 1000). It is fragrance and life in a sterilized vacuum, but in this case it is a nice-smelling vacuum, if a vacuum we must inhabit.

continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Boy am I not having any luck with Chanel this year! I tried this fragrance twice - loved the bottle and the colour of the liquid, and I was hoping for a light fragrance for the summer and this looked like just the ticket. Mais non, this wasn't it. It smelt so citrusy along with something else that was underlying and really on me, not that pleasant. Almost a male fragrance, a tad lighter though. From Chanel, I think I still expect some old word complexities, yet I found this an almost linear fragrance. Nope, not for me.