MAC Lustre in Lady Bug

MAC lady bugLustre in Lady BugMac Lady bug

4.3

on 9/21/2016 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A bright sheer red for everyday use. Doesn't have the wow factor, but can easily be worn in the office, for a subtle, professional look. Looks lovely on warmer skin tones. As expected, the longevity is not great, and re-applying is necessary after a couple of hours. It leaves a nice stain on my lips. I have always received compliments when wearing this shade.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am a red lipstick girl. I mean I do wear other colors, but red is what I favor. With that being said, this red is perfect for those who are scared of trying red or just want a small splash of red but nothing to dramatic. It's not boring by any means. It's super cute. I think it would look great on any skin tone and can be worn for everyday or night wear. I recommend it.

To Read all 139 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Hate it.

Im a red lipstick lover but this is just BLAH.

Too shiny and WAY TOO SHEER. It requires a gazillion coats to look decent which means product waste.

I don't see the reason why I should spend so much money to buy a lipstick that looks like an overpriced lip balm.

If you find red lipsticks too intimidating and want something sheerer, just get a red lip balm and save yourself some money OR wait for sales.

What's more, it doesnt even last. It fades within an hour.

I find it boring, overpriced for its quality, and really nothing special. SKIP.

on 11/7/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It is a very natural looking lipstick. Neither too glossy, too sparkly, just sheer colour of red lipstick. It is what I like from Mac Lustre Lipstick. I find it tends to improve the texture of my lips by smoothing them.
I recommend it for people looking for adding the red colour for their lips without looking full dressed up. Typically Winter seasons for instance.

A nice, glossy, slightly sheer bright red with subtle orange undertones. It applies very evenly and smoothly and, like most MAC Lustres, is hydrating on the lips. It applies sheerly but is buildable so you can apply it lightly during the day for a subtle punch of red and then build it up to a bright attention grabbing colour for night. A nice, easy to wear red. I love it. For reference, I am NC20.

on 7/26/2015 12:25:00 AM

I'm a red lipstick kind of girl. I just love the classic look of red lips. In fact, I have all the popular reds from Mac- Russian Red, Ruby Woo, MAC Red, Lady Danger, Viva Glam I and even Chili.
I was browsing thru the Mac website and saw Lady Bug. It's in Lustre finish. I thought this would be very wearable, especially on days when you just want subdued red lips. It's moisturizing too, it's like wearing a lip balm. I wasn't expecting a long wearing formula from this one because it's in lustre finish. So no disappointments. Needless to say, I love it! Would definitely repurchase.

on 7/3/2015 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect starter red. I already have multiple reds from MAC (Ruby Woo, Russian Red and Lady Danger) but I was missing a sheer red that is really red (don't you just hate it when a sheer red turns out dark pink..?). This is just that, a perfect sheer red red. This is a brilliant lipstick for those hot summer days when you just don't want to wear too much make-up but still have a little decent colour on the lips. The colour is a warm red, indeed very aptly named, as it does look like the colour of a lady bug. Formula is creamy, doesn't feel drying at all, I even have moisturized lips at the end of a day wearing this. The only cons are that it does tend to stick to dry skin on your lips and the longevity is non-existent. I have to reapply constantly -.-'

FTR: I own six red lipsticks. Out of the ones that I have, this is the brightest. On me, this is a classic bright stop sign red. I get compliments on it a lot. I would say it's suited to fairer skin tones.

My skin is very, very pale. I have no clue about my skin's undertones... I can wear coral and dijon yellow very well, if that mean's anything. I look ill in lavender. If that sounds like your skin tone, then this colour will work for you.

This is definitely a yellow-based red. It's a light red, but very bright. This is not a vampy, glamorous red. It's quite glossy, thin in texture, but stays on quite well. Except for one issue - this is the only lipstick that seems to end up on my teeth.

on 4/21/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I usually shy away from red lipsticks, but Lady Bug isn't an intimidating red. The shade isn't too bright and you can layer the colour from pretty sheer to opaque. The name of the lipstick describes the shade perfectly. I love the shiny finish, it makes my lips look moisturized and slightly fuller. Many of my MAC lipsticks are drying, but Lady Bug's texture is creamy and even moisturizing. Best of all, it makes my teeth look whiter.

The downside of the texture is that it transfers very easily and the staying power isn't great, so you have to reapply often. It lasts on me around 2-3 hours if I don't drink. Lip liner helps to control the sliding. I use MAC's Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Kiss Me Quick, which is a good colour match.

Despite its flaws, I love the shade and finish, so I would buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a gorgeous, very wearable red. It has a nice sheen that keeps my lips moisturized for hours. The red colour is not sharp or shocking, it's a bright yet gentle red that's perfect for the office and every day use. My favourite red and my favourite MAC lipstick.