MAC Lustre Lipstick in Plumful

MAC Lustre Lipstick in Plumful
MAC - PlumfulMAC Plumful

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Plumful is one of my go-to lipsticks. It is reliable, always looks flattering and is suitable for any occasion. The lustre formula is one of my favourites from MAC as it has a glossy finish and keeps the lips feeling smooth and hydrated. Plumful doesn't sink into liplines, dry out my lips or bleed. It also has good staying power, around 4 hours with eating and drinking. The shade is gorgeous - a pinky-plum which can be built up or worn sheerly, making it a very versatile shade. It looks flattering on every person I have seen it on, no matter their skin tone. This is definitely one of my favourite and most used lipsticks. It is incredibly pretty and I will be devastated if MAC ever decide to discontinue it.

on 6/3/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

No matter what other lip products are tumbling around in my cosmetic case, Plumful is always with me. I have re-purchased it at least six times. I love the contrast against my pale skin, good for day or evening. The color translates to a red, violet-tinged rose on my pigmented lips,but I have to be careful to not swipe too many times, or it can turn too blue. Plumful is not overly shiny and I see no shimmer, which suits me. It feels weightless and moisturizing on the lips. Color lasts about 2 hours, but I love reapplying because it feels so good. Basically, Plumful is my favorite "tinted lip balm" on earth. If MAC every discontinues it, I'll immediately have Three Custom Colors reproduce it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's a more pigmented revlon berry smoothie. Pinky plummy not to dark or too purple. It's not to loud I like this in the lustre formula gives it sheen to tone it down. I also did buy craving and captive with this at the same time I ordered online. I am returning craving, and captive in my option plumful is a more wearable shade and toned down. I normally wear pinky peachy nudes or velvet teddy kinda of lipsticks but lately in my 30s I'm wanting to to venture out of the usual. This is the perfect fall and winter and even spring type of shade. Craving was a bright dark deep magenta was definitely would be nice of fair skin ppl. Captive was basically the same exact thing has craving except satin formula which I thought was better..but still I just could not pull it off. I'm medium yellow golden tone skin. Estee double wear tawny kind of color with Latin features and big features so I have to be careful about dark lipsticks they can make me look Chula or too clownish. This is a classy shade

on 12/2/2016 6:14:00 PM

Beautiful color but did not last at all on my lips and I had to keep reapplying. There are cheaper alternatives that last much longer.

on 8/22/2016 6:43:00 AM

Hm. On the fence about this one. I'm an nc15/nc20 girl and this is a tiiiiiny bit too cool-toned for me. Same story with syrup. bought it coz everyone seems to rave about it, but it just does not suit me. quite a shame! i so wanted to love this one. but it's this teeny tiny bit off, that makes you look like you got a weird lipstick on.

on 5/12/2016 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this lipstick and have bought about 3 so far. It's a lovely plummy colour and can be worn fairly sheerly for daytime or much more opaquely for night.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This was very sheer and you have to work this one into those lips to make them look decent. I did not care for this shade and hated notice me even more.

I am NC25 and this thing totally make me look sick and depressed, lol. It's purplish pink lipstick with blueish undertone. I love the lustre finish and looks great when I tried it in the store, but seems like I cant rock this one. I had to put some orangey lipgloss on top to warm it up abit....

on 1/4/2016 11:29:00 AM

Beautiful plum color. The lipstick is semi-opaque/transparent, with shiny finish. Perfect when I want a hint of glam in my overall look, definitely suitable for both everyday and special events. Love it!

I bought this after reading the many positive reviews here, wanting a "subtle, for everyday use-lipstick" because I most often wear matte red lipsticks (and let's face it, it's not appropriate for ALL situations). It's one of my best MLBB lip products, despite the name, it looks more like a medium lavender on my lips, a good pop of color that doesn't scream "I'm wearing lipstick!" The finish is pleasant on my lips, I don't even need to put on a lip balm beforehand. Staying power is decent but because of the finish, it does tend to fade/slip off more easily especially after eating. I don't find this a problem because it's one of those lipsticks you can reapply in a hurry (even without a mirror) and you'll instantly look polished. Great for use all year long and looks fab with smokey/more intense eye makeup. Will always repurchase this. For reference, my complexion is around NC20 and I'm Southeast Asian with Chinese ancestry.