Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener

3.5

on 7/17/2016 5:52:00 PM

I wear acrylics a lot and i used to bite my nails a lot so naturally when i let them grow, they're not very strong. I bought it because it's cheap and i like SH polishes in general. I like the results; it dries very fast and it makes my nails stronger. They don't tear or crack anymore :)
Happy!

on 12/4/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used nail hardeners for many years but this product made my nails cracked, it looked like I had natural crackled nails. I had to wait for them to grow out so I could again use nail polish.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

My nails were starting to grow longer and harder right before I bought this product. I thought the 'diamond strength' would only improve my nails more, since they usually were weak and flaky. Well I've been using this for a few months, and I can be certain now that it only DAMAGED my nails further. Now my nails are thin, peeling at the tips, so I'm forced to keep them cut short. I am going to use this as a top coat only from now on so it's not a complete waste of money.
Summary: Not recommended for weak nails, since it actually makes them flake and weakens them o_0

on 10/11/2013 9:36:00 AM

i prefer the gold version of it because i think the silver one actually weakens my nails and makes them more prone to splitting. the formula also thickens and dries out quite fast (after 6-8 months from opening). i wouldn't buy it again.

on 9/29/2013 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Love this hardener, I always have a bottle in my possession. I almost always have acrylics on but for the periods I don't, I use this hardener on my nails to make them stronger, since typically they're ricepaper thin, brittle and very weak. It really works! It's clear, and dries reasonably fast. I like to use it every other day, in no time your nails will feel much more stronger. It leaves a shiny smooth finish on my nails too.

on 5/14/2012 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My nails are weak and prone to splitting. I paid c. 10 for this and it was definitely not worth the money. I don't think it damaged my nails further as someone else mentioned, but I used it as per the instructions for 4 weeks and there was absolutely no improvement in their condition.

on 5/3/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really do like this product. My nails have always been strong, easy to grow never break until I went On medication for my migraines. My hair started to fall out and my nails were weak and would just break. I went off the meds but it took almost 8months for them to get better. This polish helped my nails so so so much!! Helped the, from breaking. Love this.

on 4/26/2012 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is the worst nail polish item i have ever purchased, not only because it doesn't do what it claims but because it ends up DAMAGING YOUR NAILS!!! i've been using it off and on for about 2 months and my nails have been going downhill since. i had no idea why 'till i realized they peeled and cracked(specially the ends, and i have pretty short nails which are healthy) only after using this product. i scored this for $3 at Ross, NOT worth it. per directions you put on 1 to 2 coats on bare nails. i'm now using it as a top coat yet if i see the same damage, i won't hesitate to trash. overall i say beware ladies! sally hansen has some much cheaper top/base coats which are way better than this.

on 4/10/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like to use this as a topcoat. my nailpolish lasts longer and my nails doesnt chip as often. But I had to use alot on each nail so the bottle didnt last long.

on 3/6/2012 12:09:00 AM

Helps prevent nail breakage. I wear nail polish all the time and I use this always before a base coat. I notice my nails don't crack or break at the tips as easily as when I don't use it.

Popular Polishes