L'Oreal Crystal Shine lipsticks

No Image

3.8

on 12/6/2005 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! I have Stone Crystal (light pink) and Nude Crystal (light nude/beige) and the glitter is so fine and pretty, not at all gritty. Better staying power than the Maybelline version which just seems to slip off my lips. Not too drying either. I just noticed today in the d/s that there are a couple new colours (in Canada anyways) including a Crystal Candy that's a pretty peachy pinky gold. I must have it!
I'm not a big fan of the scent though but it doesn't seem to linger too long with these...

on 6/8/2004 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

These are great! They last ages but they don't dry your lips, they go on smoothly and aren't at all gritty and the glitter is pretty without there being too much of it. The colour I have is Crystal Pink, a lovely pale pink that suits me wonderfully. I picked this up cheaply off the internet for about a third of the price it should have been.
Also, I totally agree with the people saying they're just like Maybelline WSD- they managed to make it glittery without being gritty.

on 2/10/2004 3:54:00 PM

I think these are really pretty and really fun. I got them on sale, they feel smooth on my lips and the "sparkle factor" is perfect. They taste yuck; reminds me of "opal pearl" that I wore in high school, but I don't notice that after a few minutes anyway. I wear praline on it's own or lightly over other matte lipsticks and it works nicely.

This is a nice lipstick! I agree with the reviewer below who says these look like the Maybelline Watershine Diamond Lipsticks are SUPPOSED to look - but don't! The one I tried at least, is more sparkley than the Maybelline ones I have. The particles reflect so much light, your lips just dazzle when the light shines on them.

The colour I tried is Cherry Crystal, a warm red with bronze tones. I'm not really a red lipstick wearer (my mother bought this) but I can wear it. I just love the effect and I will probably end up buying some in other shades to suit my tastes better. They do have that L'Oreal scent, which I don't really enjoy but can bear, my mother really likes the scent. They are smooth and feel moisturising - no grit! The packaging has a nice shimmer to it also!

on 6/27/2003 2:16:00 PM

I tried the testers on display here at Rite Aid, and fell in love! These looks EXACTLY the way the Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds lipsticks look, although Maybelline WSD Lipsticks are NOT like that. But these are! They sparkle and glitter is so noticeable and pretty, and does not feel gritty on the lips! I think they must've put loads of moisturizers in these because just like the SHine Delice, these are a lipstick and lip balm in one. continued >>

on 4/20/2003 6:59:00 PM

I purcahsed this in a very light pink color. Cannot remember name though-a pale pink. This is one of the first products I have tried that I really did hate. It was PURE FROST. Looked completely rediculous, a very strong smell (which I didn't mind in other L'oreal lipsticks)now I find repulsive! No one should ever buy this color unless you are a stripper.

on 12/9/2002 11:36:00 PM

I bought "Sparkling Bronze" and I like how it tones down my rosy lips without making them look putrid. I don't know if this is a seasonal item but I can't find it in my neck of the woods (the Midwest.) This line of lipsticks have a metallic fleck in them that adds a lustre. The smell isn't as perfumy as standard L'Oreal lipsticks but there is definitely an odor to it. I happen to like the perfumy scent better but i can tolerate this too. 8^) It's a pretty color for rosy cheek and lipped, fair skinned blondes. continued >>

on 10/3/2002 12:35:00 AM

Got this in Violet memory, a darker shade of red, more suited for glam nights. I just love this! It doesn't dry my lips, it lasts even after a night of drinking and dining, and the crystals in it gives my lips a sexy and luscious look. My boyfriend loves this too. Really great!

on 9/3/2002 8:46:00 PM

I got Crystal Shine in Amethyst Crystal which is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Just beautiful! A perfect shade for me! I can't describe the color exactly -- kind of a plummy rosy mauvey color with shimmer (not a whole lot of sparkle). The taste is not all that pleasant (standard L'Oreal taste), and the texture is slightly grainy -- but I can deal with that because of how pretty it is! The colors don't go on quite as dark as they appear in the tube (not this particular color anyway).

on 7/13/2002 10:39:00 PM

Nice shimmery lipsticks. Not as glittery looking on me as the Maybelline Diamond Shines. Have that L'Oreal smell which doesnt bother me but does bug some people. My favorite color is Pink Topaz (a light pink shade with good pigment which looks like a more pigmented version of UD's SWF l/s w/o the glitter).