Bioderma Atoderm Gel Douche Face Body

Bioderma Atoderm Gel Douche Face Body
Enter Title

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, lauryl glucoside, PEG-200 hydrogenated glyceryl palmate, disodium EDTA, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, xylitol, fructooligosaccharides, mannitol, rhamnose, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, citric acid.

on 1/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I currently adore this for washing my face. I have mature(ish) normal combo skin. No real issues but as I'm getting older, my love for gel cleansers can sometimes make my face feel a bit dry (though I usually have a moisturizer patted on over damp skin before I have a chance to get dry) but I love how clean gel cleansers make my skin feel. I've tried cream cleansers (as is expected for people "of certain age") but never liked how they made my skin feel - like it was all filmy and gross. It just made me want to wash again! I can't even remember exactly how I thought to give Bioderma Atoderm a try, but so glad I did! I first tried a 100ml travel size for $3 and loved it so much I went right back to buy the litre! (I think of it as a facial wash 'refill', it's so big!). So many things to love about this. It's a gel that I love but it's not a super foamy or drying. I get clean without feeling stripped. It's actually marketed for face and body but you'd only know that from reading the back where it says "Adults, children, babies. Face and body". On the front it's called a Gentle shower gel - Dry sensitive skin - Cleanses and softens - Paraben free - soap free - hypoallergenic.
I only need a small amount to wash my face. The scent is very subtle. (Fragrance is on the ingredient list but at the very bottom). It doesn't have a horrible bitter taste (like when you accidentally get a tiny bit of foam in your mouth when breathing). I certainly can't complain about the price because most cleansers are 200ml and I get 5x that for half the price of a cleanser from Lancome...
The search for a non-drying gel is over. I hope! If what the reviewer below says is true about it being discontinued in favour of the oil cleanser, I may go into panic mode. :(

on 11/9/2016 12:27:00 PM

I really like this gentle effective foaming cleanser but the lady at the drugstore told me that it's been discontinued and in it's place is the cleansing oil. Not sure if that's true since it's still on bioderma's website but anyway I did try the oil also and I do like that as well.

on 3/30/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a gel douche for face and body, it has pH balance, mild scent and very soothing and gentle to the skin. it makes my skin velvety soft after washing, not drying. Very reasonably priced too. Good for adults, children and even for babies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an excellent shower gel for sensitive skin.
It really soothes my skin whenever I get really dry and itchy after shaving. It feels fresh, the scent is very light but so lovely and leaves skin feeling very comfortable.
I don't like the packaging much - it's one of those tubes that face downwards so a lot of it might come out if you press it too much. It hasn't happened to me so far but it's not very practical overall.

on 7/17/2014 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a small sized tube of this for next to nothing and plan to go back to get the full size (which happens to be on special at SDM). For a soap free product, this is a wonderful shower gel. It lathers nicely, which surprised me. And it has a barely perceptible but pleasant clean/floral scent (I thought it might smell blechy or medicinal). I was under the impression (at least from the labelling on the container) that this was a shower gel for the body but if it can be used on the face, so much the better; it will make for a much quicker morning or even a shower-before-bed routine. I love Bioderma's cleansing waters so I shouldn't be surprised that they make such a nice shower gel as well. This will be a fixture in my shower from now on.

EDIT: When I purchased this, I noticed a special offer size - 1 liter for $19.95, which seemed an amazing value. After using my little sample for 3 days, I decided this would become my "go to" shower gel (what's nice is that hubby can use it too, unlike many of my more "girly" body washes) so I called Shoppers to see if they still had any of these left. Not only did they still have TWO of them, but they'd also been marked down to $15!!!! So I had the cosmetician put them both aside for me and picked them up straightaway. If you can find the value packaging, I'd advise getting it because at this price especially, it's a great value - only a few dollars more than brands like Olay or Dial but a much kinder product for your skin (and, reading the small print on the of the container, this is also for facial use, so it will streamline my mornings considerably).