Nfu Oh #51

Nfu Oh #51

4.8

on 12/12/2011 5:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love you, Nfu Oh. These flakie polishes are just lovely -- smooth jelly base with firey flakes and a fine shimmer. #51 is an amazing red/purple/gold sort of combination to the flakes, with the base being a purple jelly polish.

Goes on sheer, recommend a solid base coat underneath to get bottle colour without having to use 4576946895 layers of the stuff. I love this over purple, red, or black in particular. I, too, have had people literally stop and stare at my nails when I had this polish on.

Love the packaging of these polishes, too.

on 7/19/2009 3:42:00 PM

It is such a great color! It drys bluish-purple semi sheer with orangy-pinkish glitter flakes which shine rich dark pink in direct sunlight or artificial light.
The packaging design is just great - it is bodouar-style femme-shape bottle with rather comfortable handle. The size was generous - 17ml, which would last probably forever.
But I wouldn't buy this product agait cause it is a big pain to apply it accurately and dry it: it is very sheer even in3 coats. In 4 coats it still may show bold patches on nail and nail free edge. The consistency is thick and slightly bumpy.
It is definetly unique color, but it breaks down my nerves.

on 8/18/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This multichrome shines every color of the rainbow. Sometimes it's red, sometimes it's bronze, gold, green, blue, or purple. It's beautiful in any lighting.

Application was smooth, but it takes forever to dry. Don't apply right before bed. ;)

In the photo I uploaded, I applied one coat of Jamberry Stormy Seas lacquer (a lovely navy blue) and two coats of Nfu Oh #51. I also used Orly Bonder base coat and Orly Won't Chip top coat.

on 8/26/2013 12:08:00 PM

Living in Canada, I felt like I had to travel through harsh storms, manouver my way through boobie traps, battle with demons, slay a dragon and climb to the tallest room of the tallest tower to get my hands on this.
Worth it. I'm sure there are dupes out there, but I've never seen anything with such strong blurpley goodness. The base almost appears like a UV purple. The flakies are great, they don't stick out over the polish. It can be worn alone, or over other purples and blues.
Such a shame its so hard to come by!

on 5/20/2013 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This polish is AMAZING!!!!! Layer it over another color for an excellent result!!! Received so many compliments when I wore this

I can not believe they are discontinueing this polish. it is like a jewel in the bottle and on the nail as a topper of light blue purple or gunmetal it looks amazing. I can't believe the opal line is going. I stocked up as much as possible buy 5 bottles online. I think i went a little nuts. but still i LOVE this polish.

on 9/16/2012 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It seems I fell down a bit of a rabbit hole regarding nail polish! It has to be the best cheap thrill regarding cosmetics it is possible to have....
Now I have tried many brands, sending overseas for most of them and enjoying every minute. Consequently I have formed opinions regarding quality in just a few months, because not only do I do the usual girly household stuff (occasionally!) but I ride horses and have a farm. Polish is thus up against it. Opi is outstanding quality especially if you coordinate the basecoat. Orly excellent too, Nubar and China Glaze maybe a step down in durability. Essie is a constant disappointment but I don't have that brand base.
Aaa ah but Nfu Oh!
The colors are amazing, and being retired from the art field I absolutely LOVE how they have a full spectrum range in every nuance and hue...then the finishes including the gorgeous jellies which allow such subtle effects that even I feel comfortable in blue nails ( but a great side effect of getting older is that one can happily flaunt eccentricity)!And the flakes, I could rave all night.
But the bottom line is this: these are noticeably the most durable polishes I have yet used.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely one of my top polishes. Duochrome flakies and shimmer suspended in a sheer purple base - you could build up several coats of this to wear alone, or my personal preference is to layer over a much darker colour. Looks great over a shimmery purple like ChG Let's Groove. Application is fantastic although the flakies themselves can stick up or poke out over your free edge, but careful maneuvering with the brush will solve this with no worries. The finish is smooth. The bottle is gorgeous and a good size, too (18mL).

I can't wax rhapsodic enough about how gorgeous this polish is - just google the hundreds of swatches that exist. I would even go as far as to say that this is Clarins 230's flakie cousin and just as much of a must-have.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Oi this is gorgeous. In artificial light, it shows very red, but in natural light, suddenly, its purple! It makes a beautiful rainbow color that's visible more in the bottle than on the nail.
There are greenish orange flakies suspended in a deep purple syrup. I recommend layering this over a blue or purple polish to get bottle color without waste, or layer it over other colors to see what cool combinations you can achieve. Over burgundy makes a beautiful black amber color :)
Its .6 oz, which is a LOT of polish, retails for about $12, and is said to be a flakie version of the ever popular Clarins 230

on 2/10/2011 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

You can layer this over *anything* and the result will be awesome. I've had people stop talking mid-sentence and stare in silence when I had this on my nails.

Popular Polishes