Nfu Oh #51

Nfu Oh #51

4.4

on 5/20/2013 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This polish is AMAZING!!!!! Layer it over another color for an excellent result!!! Received so many compliments when I wore this

on 12/12/2011 5:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love you, Nfu Oh. These flakie polishes are just lovely -- smooth jelly base with firey flakes and a fine shimmer. #51 is an amazing red/purple/gold sort of combination to the flakes, with the base being a purple jelly polish.

Goes on sheer, recommend a solid base coat underneath to get bottle colour without having to use 4576946895 layers of the stuff. I love this over purple, red, or black in particular. I, too, have had people literally stop and stare at my nails when I had this polish on.

Love the packaging of these polishes, too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely one of my top polishes. Duochrome flakies and shimmer suspended in a sheer purple base - you could build up several coats of this to wear alone, or my personal preference is to layer over a much darker colour. Looks great over a shimmery purple like ChG Let's Groove. Application is fantastic although the flakies themselves can stick up or poke out over your free edge, but careful maneuvering with the brush will solve this with no worries. The finish is smooth. The bottle is gorgeous and a good size, too (18mL).

I can't wax rhapsodic enough about how gorgeous this polish is - just google the hundreds of swatches that exist. I would even go as far as to say that this is Clarins 230's flakie cousin and just as much of a must-have.

on 2/27/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

First...Would you buy this product again? HELL YES!!! :D

This is my first and only Nfu-Oh polish so far.

-I absolutely ADORE the bottle design, so cute!
I'm really in love with this polish. In the photos you're seeing it pretty much just looks like a purple with a pink pearlescence to it, but it actually goes from a copper/gold to blue/green, along with the purple/pink in different lighting. This is one of those polishes that's hard to photograph properly.
Over the black my nails flash from a reddish copper/gold to purple/pink, and even green.
I love the large flakes of opal. This is exactly what I would expect a black opal to look like.

#51 is from the Opal Collection...hence the large flakies of opal glitter.

I would recommend getting a bottle of pure acetone to remove this though as the large opal flakes will be quite difficult to remove with a normal strength nail polish remover, much like any other very glittery polish.

I also recommend using a purple polish under this rather than wasting alot of this expensive product by trying to layer it to an opaque finish.
-I've read of many people doing this and it sounds like a waste of time and product to me when you could achieve an even nicer looking and faster finish by just applying another polish down first as the base with one or two layers of this over top.
-Also, try this with a matte finish over top. Very cool effect!:D

The only thing I dislike about this brand is how expensive it is at $12 USD a bottle (with most US sellers), and how hard it is to find as the co. is in Singapore.
But there are various etailers that sell the bottles individually that can be found via a google search.
-but that's nothing to do with the quality/performance of the polish itself, so I won't count it against it.:D

Click on Continue to see more photos:

Front and Back of the bottle:

My manicure right now:
-2 layers over Sinful Color's glossy black polish:

This is #51 by itself over matte scotch tape:

I highly suggest trying this out over various colored polishes. I did so on a nail wheel here:

To see a post I did about this polish in my make-up community on LiveJournal:
http://community.livejournal.com/makeupreviewed/151100.html continued >>

on 7/19/2009 3:42:00 PM

It is such a great color! It drys bluish-purple semi sheer with orangy-pinkish glitter flakes which shine rich dark pink in direct sunlight or artificial light.
The packaging design is just great - it is bodouar-style femme-shape bottle with rather comfortable handle. The size was generous - 17ml, which would last probably forever.
But I wouldn't buy this product agait cause it is a big pain to apply it accurately and dry it: it is very sheer even in3 coats. In 4 coats it still may show bold patches on nail and nail free edge. The consistency is thick and slightly bumpy.
It is definetly unique color, but it breaks down my nerves.

Popular Polishes