Muji Sensitive Skin Cleansing Oil

Muji Sensitive Skin Cleansing Oil
Sensitive Skin Cleansing OilSensitive Skin Cleansing Oil

4.4

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Ethyl Oleate, Sorbitan Oleate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Hybrid Sunflower) Oil, DPG, Citrus Aurantium Dulsis (Orange) Flower Water, Water, BG, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Buthylparaben, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Juice, Prunusa Persica (Peach) Leaf Extract, Glycerin

I only recently found my HG mineral sunscreen that would not break me out or trigger an allergic reaction from chemical sunscreens. But as you know, zinc oxide are hard to wash off and so you need an oil to help dissolve it. I'm not a supporter of cleansing balm because of the environment hazards and so, oil cleanser is my best option that i can afford. Anyway, not kidding, but this is the best oil cleanser that i have ever used. Its cheap, gentle and get the job done. I follow up a gel cleanser as a second cleanse. If you have sensitive skin, seriously just go for this. It is heavy during the massaging but rinses without residue. Another Muji cult favorite in my bathroom!

on 2/26/2018 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i got lucky with this - it's the first cleansing oil i've ever tried. it's also the first cleanser that doesn't make my skin feel tight, and on top of that my skin feels baby soft and smooth, and so comfortable - i never knew cleanser could be so pleasant to use and i love it. removes sunscreen/makeup really well too and it left my face feeling clean, while not dry.

the only con is that it made my forehead grow many little bumps (that aren't pimples but??)
but i found that using BHA on it helps reduce the problem, as well as adding a second cleanser (QV gentle wash)
i also found the olive oil smell a little off-putting at first, but i guess it isn't that much of a problem for me.

i'd probably repurchase this until i find another cleansing oil that looks like it'll perform better.

on 12/27/2017 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I was just about to hemorrhage some money and buy one of the Shu Uemura cleansing oils, after testing some of them out. So glad I found this instead! I think it rinses better and leaves my skin cleaner and feeling less stripped (I don’t know how that’s possible, but that’s how it feels.) I have two different cleansing oils from Muji. They are both for sensitive skin. In my first review of this product, I stated that I liked the thicker of their two cleansing oils. While it’s lovely, and it works perfectly, I now prefer the lighter one, as I feel that I use slightly less because it has more slip. It also means that I can massage my face with slightly less resistance. I’m not the kind of girl to buy backup products, but we may be moving some distance from a Muji store and I have three large bottles and several travel bottles ready to be packed. It would be very difficult to shell out for the Shu Uemura ones ever again after using this - knowing especially that the ingredients in this product are sooooo much better! I can honestly say that this is my HG cleanser!!!

on 10/31/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I always repurchase this product because of the price point and its effectiveness.
But recently, the prices went from $9~ to $18~

I will be searching for a new oil cleanser that is cheaper

on 8/16/2017 3:43:00 PM

A great cleansing oil! It removes my makeup and leaves my skin soft and hydrated, I use it in a double cleansing routine together with the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.

Pro's
-Good for sensitive skin
-Removes makeup
-Makes skin feel soft
-Does not sting my eyes

Con's
-The pump dispenses a little too much product, I feel like i go through it too quickly
-Not easily available in Sweden (I bought my bottle in Bangkok)

i have bought this cleansing oil over and over and i think ive found my go to makeup remover. this stuff removes all your heavy duty makeup while being so gentle on the skin. now every time i see this, i will pick ip at least 4 bottles of this bc i love it and i go through ot quite frequently. i also use this to clean my makeup brushes and it gets out all the dried up gunk deep inside the bristles. this is also soo great at cleaning up makeup sponges too. after removing makeup with this cleanser i will follow up with a foaming cleanser, u know, the infamous k-beauty 10 step skincare routine. lol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a gem. I've always used cleansing oil for cleaning my makeup. I have tried 3 and so far this is the best one. This is the only cleansing oil that can get rid of my stubborn, waterproof mascara (Heroine Make, I'm looking at you). My eyelashes has been falling out because I wasn't able to clean them properly (they'll fall off with just one swipe of micellar water, yikes). But this product saved my eyelashes and I can just get rid of all of my makeup easily. The only downside is you can find it anywhere in Japan (Family Market normally provides small Muji section) but unless your country has Muji (that sells their skincare line), it's rather hard to find (or expensive).

+: Cheap, Odorless, Cleanse everything
-: Hard to find

I would definitely repurchase. I will ask my friend who is going to Japan to get the big sized one for me.

on 7/4/2017 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

VERSION: Mild (for oily skin type)
SCENT: smells faintly of olive oil
TEXTURE: light & liquidy; does foam up slightly when in contact with water
PERFORMANCE:
- For removing makeup: works great, with waterproof mascara you do need to massage it in for a bit; doesn't sting eyes or irritate the skin; leaves little to no residue left
- For removing dead skin/ blackheads: since this is a very lightweight oil, I use this once a week right after steaming my face to remove dead skin and blackheads. I massage it in for about 5 minutes until I can feel the gunk in my pores coming out on the surface, then I proceed to wash my face as usual.

PROS: simplistic design which I love, affordable, comes in many sizes (travel size, 200ml & 400ml), minimal yet effective ingredients
CONS: runs out quite quickly due to how liquidy it is compared to other cleansing oils.

Should you buy it? 100% yes!!!

on 6/5/2017 1:47:00 PM

I love the muji cleansing oil. It removes my make-up in one pump!

Background: NC20(ish), combination-oily skin that's becoming more sensitive & acne-prone as I age.

Last year, due to stress, hormonal changes, or the antibiotics I took for an URTI (or all of the above), my skin decided to freak out and sprouted breakouts left, right & center. My T-zone is clear but my cheeks and U-zone became quite problematic.

I've gone on a massive spending binge, trying to find products that will help my skin recover, mainly focusing on Asian Beauty products.

I got the Sensitive one in a trial size after reading the good reviews here, and after using it for the first time, I seriously have not touched my Banila Co. cleansing balm nor my Biore Cleansing Oil--it's that good!

This oil takes off makeup and my Biore sunscreen in a jiffy, and with just a couple of drops. I love that even if it doesn't look like it's emulsifying enough, once you add water and start washing it off, it washes off so easily and cleanly, and does not leave an uncomfortable feeling in the skin. Even when I was breaking out badly, this did not exacerbate my spots, and I think this may have even helped in the process of healing my skin and moisture barrier. This is probably the best oil cleanser I've tried, and I will repurchase as long as they keep making it. For a while, I was tempted to try the Normal version too, but I think I'll just stick to this one--as the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!