Muji Sensitive Skin Cleansing Oil

Muji Sensitive Skin Cleansing Oil
Sensitive Skin Cleansing OilSensitive Skin Cleansing Oil

4.5

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Ethyl Oleate, Sorbitan Oleate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Hybrid Sunflower) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulsis (Orange) Flower Water, Water, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Buthylparaben, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Juice, Prunusa Persica (Peach) Leaf Extract, Glycerin

on 5/27/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Many asian beauty gurus recommend it, so i bought one and I am REALLY happy with this new find, so much that I am planning to integrate it into my permanent collection ;)
Me : 30yo, uneven and very dry skin, everyday I put on a thin layer of foundation with some powder and blush, and eyeliner.
Pro :
efficient at removing all kinds of makeup (including waterproof)
excellent emulsion
easy to wash off
it does not strip my skin
it does not sting my eyes when I use it on my lids for dark waterproof eyeliner.
overall excellent price-quality ratio
(Maybe) Cons: it does smell like olive oil, I personally don't mind it at all.
not so easy to access if where you live does not have Muji
I've used DHC deep cleansing oil ($$$), Pond's cold cream(needs to be wiped off, strong smell), Clean&Clear makeup dissolver(excellent but dries skin out), Kose Softymo deep cleansing oil (very similar to Muji), and Muji is definitely my favourite. Give it a try, it won't break ur bank.

I only recently found my HG mineral sunscreen that would not break me out or trigger an allergic reaction from chemical sunscreens. But as you know, zinc oxide are hard to wash off and so you need an oil to help dissolve it. I'm not a supporter of cleansing balm because of the environment hazards and so, oil cleanser is my best option that i can afford. Anyway, not kidding, but this is the best oil cleanser that i have ever used. Its cheap, gentle and get the job done. I follow up a gel cleanser as a second cleanse. If you have sensitive skin, seriously just go for this. It is heavy during the massaging but rinses without residue. Another Muji cult favorite in my bathroom!

on 2/26/2018 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i got lucky with this - it's the first cleansing oil i've ever tried. it's also the first cleanser that doesn't make my skin feel tight, and on top of that my skin feels baby soft and smooth, and so comfortable - i never knew cleanser could be so pleasant to use and i love it. removes sunscreen/makeup really well too and it left my face feeling clean, while not dry.

the only con is that it made my forehead grow many little bumps (that aren't pimples but??)
but i found that using BHA on it helps reduce the problem, as well as adding a second cleanser (QV gentle wash)
i also found the olive oil smell a little off-putting at first, but i guess it isn't that much of a problem for me.

i'd probably repurchase this until i find another cleansing oil that looks like it'll perform better.

on 12/27/2017 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I was just about to hemorrhage some money and buy one of the Shu Uemura cleansing oils, after testing some of them out. So glad I found this instead! I think it rinses better and leaves my skin cleaner and feeling less stripped (I don’t know how that’s possible, but that’s how it feels.) I have two different cleansing oils from Muji. They are both for sensitive skin. In my first review of this product, I stated that I liked the thicker of their two cleansing oils. While it’s lovely, and it works perfectly, I now prefer the lighter one, as I feel that I use slightly less because it has more slip. It also means that I can massage my face with slightly less resistance. I’m not the kind of girl to buy backup products, but we may be moving some distance from a Muji store and I have three large bottles and several travel bottles ready to be packed. It would be very difficult to shell out for the Shu Uemura ones ever again after using this - knowing especially that the ingredients in this product are sooooo much better! I can honestly say that this is my HG cleanser!!!

on 10/31/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I always repurchase this product because of the price point and its effectiveness.
But recently, the prices went from $9~ to $18~

I will be searching for a new oil cleanser that is cheaper

on 8/16/2017 3:43:00 PM

A great cleansing oil! It removes my makeup and leaves my skin soft and hydrated, I use it in a double cleansing routine together with the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.

Pro's
-Good for sensitive skin
-Removes makeup
-Makes skin feel soft
-Does not sting my eyes

Con's
-The pump dispenses a little too much product, I feel like i go through it too quickly
-Not easily available in Sweden (I bought my bottle in Bangkok)

i have bought this cleansing oil over and over and i think ive found my go to makeup remover. this stuff removes all your heavy duty makeup while being so gentle on the skin. now every time i see this, i will pick ip at least 4 bottles of this bc i love it and i go through ot quite frequently. i also use this to clean my makeup brushes and it gets out all the dried up gunk deep inside the bristles. this is also soo great at cleaning up makeup sponges too. after removing makeup with this cleanser i will follow up with a foaming cleanser, u know, the infamous k-beauty 10 step skincare routine. lol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a gem. I've always used cleansing oil for cleaning my makeup. I have tried 3 and so far this is the best one. This is the only cleansing oil that can get rid of my stubborn, waterproof mascara (Heroine Make, I'm looking at you). My eyelashes has been falling out because I wasn't able to clean them properly (they'll fall off with just one swipe of micellar water, yikes). But this product saved my eyelashes and I can just get rid of all of my makeup easily. The only downside is you can find it anywhere in Japan (Family Market normally provides small Muji section) but unless your country has Muji (that sells their skincare line), it's rather hard to find (or expensive).

+: Cheap, Odorless, Cleanse everything
-: Hard to find

I would definitely repurchase. I will ask my friend who is going to Japan to get the big sized one for me.

on 7/4/2017 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

VERSION: Mild (for oily skin type)
SCENT: smells faintly of olive oil
TEXTURE: light & liquidy; does foam up slightly when in contact with water
PERFORMANCE:
- For removing makeup: works great, with waterproof mascara you do need to massage it in for a bit; doesn't sting eyes or irritate the skin; leaves little to no residue left
- For removing dead skin/ blackheads: since this is a very lightweight oil, I use this once a week right after steaming my face to remove dead skin and blackheads. I massage it in for about 5 minutes until I can feel the gunk in my pores coming out on the surface, then I proceed to wash my face as usual.

PROS: simplistic design which I love, affordable, comes in many sizes (travel size, 200ml & 400ml), minimal yet effective ingredients
CONS: runs out quite quickly due to how liquidy it is compared to other cleansing oils.

Should you buy it? 100% yes!!!

on 6/5/2017 1:47:00 PM

I love the muji cleansing oil. It removes my make-up in one pump!