NUXE Cleansing Milk with 3 Roses (Lait Demaquillant aux 3 Roses)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Used this for a few weeks and loved it at first -- let's face it, the smell is spectacular and it feels like a treat. However, it just wasn't right for my skin (sensitive, dehydrated yet oily.) It ended up feeling tight in spots after use and I even had a few little breakouts.

I'll use this up in the shower on my decolletage and arms but won't purchase again...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this cleansing milk back when I had acne prone skin and it worked perfectly as a rinse-off milky cleanser. However, now that my skin is clear and free of acne this cleansing milk has been become way too drying on my skin even in humid and hot environment. In fact, not only did I get a few dry rough patches now because of this cleansing milk I also felt that my skin produced more oil after it was dried out by this cleansing milk (yes more oily with dry patches). I just can't use it anymore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm usually wary of cleansers with a 'tissue-off' option, because I like to rinse not rub, so I'm always expecting the cleanser to be either too oily to remove with water or simply ineffective unless used with a cloth/cotton pad. Thankfully, this does not fall into that category! It's a thick lotion you can apply to dry or wet skin, although to remove makeup, I find dry skin to be more effective. It's not quite as effortless in removing makeup as Nuxe's Reve de Miel gel cleanser, and will need a little extra rubbing with fingertips to help it along. But it can handle my heavy makeup with a bit of patience and I do an occasional double-cleanse just to make sure. Like the Reve de Miel, it has a lovely sweet scent and doesn't aggravate either my acne nor my hyper-sensitive rosacea. Strangely, I find this very slightly more drying than the Reve de Miel, but that may be the slight astringent qualities of the hazelnut oil and rose extracts, but nothing some moisturiser can't handle. Someone with more normal/oily skin than mine may well be able to skip moisturiser with this product. All in all, this is a close 2nd to the Reve de Miel in my book, and a few 's cheaper - it cost me 10 from beautyboxx.co.uk. A lovely all-round cleanser with no oily residue and excellent results. An over-looked, understated little gem.