NUXE Cleansing Milk with 3 Roses (Lait Demaquillant aux 3 Roses)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.8

I'm a lover of all things French pharmacy. I remove my makeup with the infamous Bioderma micellar water and then wash my face with this. I love it so much that there is something almost ritualistic when I use this. The smell, the texture, it just feels heavenly and gentle, like I'm pampering myself. I'm on my third bottle and will continue to repurchase

I have been so impressed with anything Nuxe.

Oh- when I bought my last bottle, they gave me a free (regular sized!) bottle of this in the foaming cleanser. It's really nice too, but I do like this cleansing milk the best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this cleansing milk back when I had acne prone skin and it worked perfectly as a rinse-off milky cleanser. However, now that my skin is clear and free of acne this cleansing milk has been become way too drying on my skin even in humid and hot environment. In fact, not only did I get a few dry rough patches now because of this cleansing milk I also felt that my skin produced more oil after it was dried out by this cleansing milk (yes more oily with dry patches). I just can't use it anymore.

Although this product smells great, it is only ok as far as milk cleansers go. I usually use the Clarins cleansing milk, either the Alpine Herbs or the Gentian, but decided to give this one a try due to its cheaper price point and the fact that the company is associated with Clarins. The worst part of this product is the fact that its really hard to rinse away from your skin, making me feel like a layer of it is left even after tons of rinsing. I have also noticed that I developed a few breakouts since I've started using it--not 100% sure if its the cleanser causing them (will update). Would not buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm usually wary of cleansers with a 'tissue-off' option, because I like to rinse not rub, so I'm always expecting the cleanser to be either too oily to remove with water or simply ineffective unless used with a cloth/cotton pad. Thankfully, this does not fall into that category! It's a thick lotion you can apply to dry or wet skin, although to remove makeup, I find dry skin to be more effective. It's not quite as effortless in removing makeup as Nuxe's Reve de Miel gel cleanser, and will need a little extra rubbing with fingertips to help it along. But it can handle my heavy makeup with a bit of patience and I do an occasional double-cleanse just to make sure. Like the Reve de Miel, it has a lovely sweet scent and doesn't aggravate either my acne nor my hyper-sensitive rosacea. Strangely, I find this very slightly more drying than the Reve de Miel, but that may be the slight astringent qualities of the hazelnut oil and rose extracts, but nothing some moisturiser can't handle. Someone with more normal/oily skin than mine may well be able to skip moisturiser with this product. All in all, this is a close 2nd to the Reve de Miel in my book, and a few 's cheaper - it cost me 10 from beautyboxx.co.uk. A lovely all-round cleanser with no oily residue and excellent results. An over-looked, understated little gem.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a good makeup removal. I usually only use loose powder, blusher and sometimes liquid foundation as well. It removes them well and smells great. The bottle is quite big so it can last me for some time. I think it's more worth it to stock up during the big 30% sales, the usual retail price is quite expensive in my opinion. I do not use the 3 roses toner to remove the cleansing milk like the instructions but just remove with a facial cotton pad, it seems to work okay for me. Like most Nuxe products, this one smells great as well and it's very creamy.