NUXE Cleansing Milk with 3 Roses (Lait Demaquillant aux 3 Roses)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

I do not know how, but it got into my eyes, and stung! Very creamy so i found it a bit difficult to tissue off efficiently esp. around the eye area. I still love cleansing waters, they are the best! :)

The smell is also pretty overpowering, and too oily to be used on its own without double cleansing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This had way too much fragrance and orange oil for my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin. It does smell lovely but alas, won't work for me. I swear the second I opened it, I could feel my skin getting blotchy. I returned it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Used this for a few weeks and loved it at first -- let's face it, the smell is spectacular and it feels like a treat. However, it just wasn't right for my skin (sensitive, dehydrated yet oily.) It ended up feeling tight in spots after use and I even had a few little breakouts.

I'll use this up in the shower on my decolletage and arms but won't purchase again...

I loved the creamy feel of this cleansing product and the rose scent is really lovely. It also makes a nice medium to perform a little facial massage while rubbing away makeup. Unfortunately, I did not find the product to be very effective in removing base makeup or eye makeup. I have to apply and wipe or rinse off up to 3 times in order for all the product to be removed. Oddly, I also found the product to be very drying. I do like this product in the summer, when I feel my skin is very oily and when I am wearing very little makeup.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like to use this cleanser when my skin gets dry. However, I notice that it leaves a film on the skin and, whether it is because of this film or not, I always end up breaking out when using it. I love the smell and the texture, but this product is not working for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my favorite cleanser, it was gentle and yet removed make up very well. It did not irritate my very sensitive skin, and it smelled lovely (not a strong scent) and free of harsh chemicals, such as parabens and other nasties. However, it has been discontinued!!! I used to buy it in France, where it was very cheap, but in the summer of 2014, they have brought out the new version, in a pink bottle, with an unpleasant smell, nothing like the discreet one of the one reviewed here. I don't know why cosmetics companies discontinue well loved products.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a super luxurious makeup removing cream that adds something special to your nightly regimen. Smells absolutely fantastic--it is not just roses, but contains hazelnut and oil as well--and that motivates me to use it. Since getting this on a buy-one-get-one-free deal at Cosmed, I haven't gotten lazy with taking my makeup off, and I have seen impressive improvements in my skin condition. For one, I don't get blackheads as much, particularly on the former congestion central aka the wings of my nose, and hardly any whiteheads. I am surprised that some find it drying or hard to take off, because it is the complete opposite for me. To be honest, I think makeup remover is something you can get on the cheap, and I have used drugstore products that work just as well, but I will always be on the lookout for this bc I am enamoured with the scent. Like this better than Bioderma.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm usually wary of cleansers with a 'tissue-off' option, because I like to rinse not rub, so I'm always expecting the cleanser to be either too oily to remove with water or simply ineffective unless used with a cloth/cotton pad. Thankfully, this does not fall into that category! It's a thick lotion you can apply to dry or wet skin, although to remove makeup, I find dry skin to be more effective. It's not quite as effortless in removing makeup as Nuxe's Reve de Miel gel cleanser, and will need a little extra rubbing with fingertips to help it along. But it can handle my heavy makeup with a bit of patience and I do an occasional double-cleanse just to make sure. Like the Reve de Miel, it has a lovely sweet scent and doesn't aggravate either my acne nor my hyper-sensitive rosacea. Strangely, I find this very slightly more drying than the Reve de Miel, but that may be the slight astringent qualities of the hazelnut oil and rose extracts, but nothing some moisturiser can't handle. Someone with more normal/oily skin than mine may well be able to skip moisturiser with this product. All in all, this is a close 2nd to the Reve de Miel in my book, and a few 's cheaper - it cost me 10 from beautyboxx.co.uk. A lovely all-round cleanser with no oily residue and excellent results. An over-looked, understated little gem.