NUXE Cleansing Milk with 3 Roses (Lait Demaquillant aux 3 Roses)

3.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Deep cleans
Price
Bottle
Smell

Cons:
None

My new favourite cleansing milk. I found this to be a dream come true. It actually gave me a deep clean and its a super thick milk cleanser. When I brought this home I was waiting to see spots on my skin, but the opposite occured. I actually peeled a little on my cheeks. This can be used on the eyes as well, but because I almost never wear makeup I couldn't tell you how effective it is at removal. I always rinsed this off and it smelled awesome. While I was using this I was also using Creme Fraiche, Soleil Prodieuxe, and the micellar water as my toner. I would definately repurchase and I highly recommend this to everyone!

Alternative:
La Mer Cleansing Lotion or Bobbi Brown Rrich Cream Cleanser - From experience I've learned that these are the same product just packaged differntly. These two cleansers are almost as thick as the Nuxe and they have a aromatic lavender scent, but they kind of melt quicker. I feel that these two are better for normal to slightly dry and the Nuxe for normal to slightly combo. I like all three and would not rate one better than the other, but the Nuxe is the cheapest and most natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm usually wary of cleansers with a 'tissue-off' option, because I like to rinse not rub, so I'm always expecting the cleanser to be either too oily to remove with water or simply ineffective unless used with a cloth/cotton pad. Thankfully, this does not fall into that category! It's a thick lotion you can apply to dry or wet skin, although to remove makeup, I find dry skin to be more effective. It's not quite as effortless in removing makeup as Nuxe's Reve de Miel gel cleanser, and will need a little extra rubbing with fingertips to help it along. But it can handle my heavy makeup with a bit of patience and I do an occasional double-cleanse just to make sure. Like the Reve de Miel, it has a lovely sweet scent and doesn't aggravate either my acne nor my hyper-sensitive rosacea. Strangely, I find this very slightly more drying than the Reve de Miel, but that may be the slight astringent qualities of the hazelnut oil and rose extracts, but nothing some moisturiser can't handle. Someone with more normal/oily skin than mine may well be able to skip moisturiser with this product. All in all, this is a close 2nd to the Reve de Miel in my book, and a few 's cheaper - it cost me 10 from beautyboxx.co.uk. A lovely all-round cleanser with no oily residue and excellent results. An over-looked, understated little gem.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found it greasy and I am not sure if it cleans well. I felt reluctant to use it in the morning or at night. For me I guess it does not remove the oil my face generates. The tonor in this line seems to be greasy as well, it left a film on the face, so does the cream of this line. It does not penetrate into the skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Used this for a few weeks and loved it at first -- let's face it, the smell is spectacular and it feels like a treat. However, it just wasn't right for my skin (sensitive, dehydrated yet oily.) It ended up feeling tight in spots after use and I even had a few little breakouts.

I'll use this up in the shower on my decolletage and arms but won't purchase again...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this cleansing milk back when I had acne prone skin and it worked perfectly as a rinse-off milky cleanser. However, now that my skin is clear and free of acne this cleansing milk has been become way too drying on my skin even in humid and hot environment. In fact, not only did I get a few dry rough patches now because of this cleansing milk I also felt that my skin produced more oil after it was dried out by this cleansing milk (yes more oily with dry patches). I just can't use it anymore.

I liked this product. It smells delicious, the texture is light and it cleans my skin as it should. I hate those cheap smelly and greasy cleansing milk. The price is okay and I would buy it again just for the smell.

I'm a lover of all things French pharmacy. I remove my makeup with the infamous Bioderma micellar water and then wash my face with this. I love it so much that there is something almost ritualistic when I use this. The smell, the texture, it just feels heavenly and gentle, like I'm pampering myself. I'm on my third bottle and will continue to repurchase

I have been so impressed with anything Nuxe.

Oh- when I bought my last bottle, they gave me a free (regular sized!) bottle of this in the foaming cleanser. It's really nice too, but I do like this cleansing milk the best.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my favorite cleanser, it was gentle and yet removed make up very well. It did not irritate my very sensitive skin, and it smelled lovely (not a strong scent) and free of harsh chemicals, such as parabens and other nasties. However, it has been discontinued!!! I used to buy it in France, where it was very cheap, but in the summer of 2014, they have brought out the new version, in a pink bottle, with an unpleasant smell, nothing like the discreet one of the one reviewed here. I don't know why cosmetics companies discontinue well loved products.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

A nice makeup remover. Smells faintly of flowers, feels very emolient. I massage all over my face for a couple of minutes before taking it off with a cotton pad. Removes light makeup, I do not wear heavy makeup though, but i feel it will not be very effective in removing heavy makeup.

Feels really pampering when i use it in the morning because it feels very emolient and moisturizing but not greasy at all. I'd tissue off and rinse. Do not feel i needed moisturizer after if i'm staying home on the weekends. Great for dry skin although it would work for all skin types. Feels very gentle as well.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a light cream cleanser. Not at all greasy and leaves no film or residue. This will very gently cleanse your skin but will not remove makeup at all - you must have pre-cleansed the makeup off first. Also, because it is such a light and gentle cream cleanser, those requiring additional cleansing will need to follow this with a toner and cotton pad regimen. In the winter months I love this cleanser and it really saves me. All that said, it doesn't perform in any special way - it's not going to clear up acne, rid you of your blackheads, or rid you of dullness - it's a straight and simple cleansing milk. I definitely need to exfoliate a few times a week whilst using this cleanser (but I have to exfoliate regularly regardless as my skin is very 'lazy'). Another bonus: It smells lovely and it does not sting my eyes (even when I open them). Note: I have repurchased this product many times and the only reason I'm not going to anymore is that I want to try something new to change up my regimen because I believe that every product ends up running it's course in so much as what it can do for the benefit of your skin.