Nuxe Cleansing Milk with 3 Roses (Lait Demaquillant aux 3 Roses)

3.6

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Deep cleans
Price
Bottle
Smell

Cons:
None

My new favourite cleansing milk. I found this to be a dream come true. It actually gave me a deep clean and its a super thick milk cleanser. When I brought this home I was waiting to see spots on my skin, but the opposite occured. I actually peeled a little on my cheeks. This can be used on the eyes as well, but because I almost never wear makeup I couldn't tell you how effective it is at removal. I always rinsed this off and it smelled awesome. While I was using this I was also using Creme Fraiche, Soleil Prodieuxe, and the micellar water as my toner. I would definately repurchase and I highly recommend this to everyone!

Alternative:
La Mer Cleansing Lotion or Bobbi Brown Rrich Cream Cleanser - From experience I've learned that these are the same product just packaged differntly. These two cleansers are almost as thick as the Nuxe and they have a aromatic lavender scent, but they kind of melt quicker. I feel that these two are better for normal to slightly dry and the Nuxe for normal to slightly combo. I like all three and would not rate one better than the other, but the Nuxe is the cheapest and most natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a good makeup removal. I usually only use loose powder, blusher and sometimes liquid foundation as well. It removes them well and smells great. The bottle is quite big so it can last me for some time. I think it's more worth it to stock up during the big 30% sales, the usual retail price is quite expensive in my opinion. I do not use the 3 roses toner to remove the cleansing milk like the instructions but just remove with a facial cotton pad, it seems to work okay for me. Like most Nuxe products, this one smells great as well and it's very creamy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm usually wary of cleansers with a 'tissue-off' option, because I like to rinse not rub, so I'm always expecting the cleanser to be either too oily to remove with water or simply ineffective unless used with a cloth/cotton pad. Thankfully, this does not fall into that category! It's a thick lotion you can apply to dry or wet skin, although to remove makeup, I find dry skin to be more effective. It's not quite as effortless in removing makeup as Nuxe's Reve de Miel gel cleanser, and will need a little extra rubbing with fingertips to help it along. But it can handle my heavy makeup with a bit of patience and I do an occasional double-cleanse just to make sure. Like the Reve de Miel, it has a lovely sweet scent and doesn't aggravate either my acne nor my hyper-sensitive rosacea. Strangely, I find this very slightly more drying than the Reve de Miel, but that may be the slight astringent qualities of the hazelnut oil and rose extracts, but nothing some moisturiser can't handle. Someone with more normal/oily skin than mine may well be able to skip moisturiser with this product. All in all, this is a close 2nd to the Reve de Miel in my book, and a few 's cheaper - it cost me 10 from beautyboxx.co.uk. A lovely all-round cleanser with no oily residue and excellent results. An over-looked, understated little gem.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like to use this cleanser when my skin gets dry. However, I notice that it leaves a film on the skin and, whether it is because of this film or not, I always end up breaking out when using it. I love the smell and the texture, but this product is not working for me.

Although this product smells great, it is only ok as far as milk cleansers go. I usually use the Clarins cleansing milk, either the Alpine Herbs or the Gentian, but decided to give this one a try due to its cheaper price point and the fact that the company is associated with Clarins. The worst part of this product is the fact that its really hard to rinse away from your skin, making me feel like a layer of it is left even after tons of rinsing. I have also noticed that I developed a few breakouts since I've started using it--not 100% sure if its the cleanser causing them (will update). Would not buy again.

I liked this product. It smells delicious, the texture is light and it cleans my skin as it should. I hate those cheap smelly and greasy cleansing milk. The price is okay and I would buy it again just for the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this cleansing milk back when I had acne prone skin and it worked perfectly as a rinse-off milky cleanser. However, now that my skin is clear and free of acne this cleansing milk has been become way too drying on my skin even in humid and hot environment. In fact, not only did I get a few dry rough patches now because of this cleansing milk I also felt that my skin produced more oil after it was dried out by this cleansing milk (yes more oily with dry patches). I just can't use it anymore.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to clean my makeup off and cleanse my skin. Love how my skin feels and looks. Non irritating for this sensitive skin. I also use Reve de Miel Ultra Comfortable Face Cream. My 57 year old skin never looked better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This had way too much fragrance and orange oil for my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin. It does smell lovely but alas, won't work for me. I swear the second I opened it, I could feel my skin getting blotchy. I returned it.

I do not know how, but it got into my eyes, and stung! Very creamy so i found it a bit difficult to tissue off efficiently esp. around the eye area. I still love cleansing waters, they are the best! :)

The smell is also pretty overpowering, and too oily to be used on its own without double cleansing.