E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 5/13/2017 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been using MAC brow powder for years. The stuff just doesn't run out. But if I don't set it with brow gel it doesn't stay on all day. I was running low on my MAC brow gel so decided to look for a replacement. I ordered the ELF brow gel and also this brow kit. I really like this stuff. I would have thought you'd use the powder and set it with the wax but I followed the instructions and used the wax first. Works nicely and seems to last all day. I've only used it twice so far but I think it's great, esp for the price. I got the light color. I have auburn hair and this is plenty dark for me. I use my Bobbi Brown slanted brush; the brush that comes with the product isn't much good. No issues with the packaging.

on 5/7/2017 4:34:00 PM

Don't use the powder but the gel is great, good pigmentation and easy application. I really like this

on 5/7/2017 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this. I bought dark and am NC 30-35, Asian olive combination skin with sparse brows (years of indiscriminate plucking). I get a softer look than I want with only this kit, so I fill in my brows with WnW pencils (I use both taupe and mink brown) then brush the brows with the gel on top. Another reviewer -- in the listing for WnW nude pencil, call it buff -- had a nice suggestion that the WnW pencil essentially highlight the underside of the brow.

I don't use the powder for the brows, but it makes a great base eyeshadow that holds up nicely and makes me look more polished. If I want an even crisper look, I can underscore with a bit of matte highlight shadow underneath the brow. The elf angled brush is great for this, but I have also used the little mini brush or clean spoolies and been fine.

Some reviewers below mention that this doesn't stay in place. While you are putting it in place, this is a good thing - if you make a mistake, this is easily correctable with your finger. When it's done, it's held up for me, but I try not to touch/rub my face when I have makeup on (I do set and seal as needed with Ben Nye setting powder (olive sands is a good match with banana more as a highlighting powder) and cinema secrets moisture spray for a moister look).

It occurred to me that if you are having a problem with brow gel staying on, perhaps try primer underneath. . . Or, a light dusting of powder onto the brow PRIOR to pencil or gel application might help. (Kind of along the lines of Wayne Goss's powder under foundation to cement the makeup in place).

Note: re primer
I haven't needed primer for the brows, but since I have very oily lids, I use eye primer under eye shadow. I've tried UDPP, TheBalm, Elf and WnW and a few others. I prefer WnW for cost and efficacy. As per various on line bloggers, WnW picture perfect eye primer, photofocus (something prime) and take on the day are all the same formula. I have not yet tried Inglot eye shadow keeper (but I have just bought Inglot duraline - the stuff that saves your dried outl eyeliners and mascaras and turns eyeshadow and foundation respectively into resistant eyeliner and foundation (I think the latter is a tip from a MUA reviewer here) but I have high hopes for that one too. The eye primers I prefer have isododecane and cyclopentasiloxane (and talc) in the top ingredients. UDPP has those ingredients too; UDPP's talc is just further down the list of ingredients. I think ElF eye primer would work better if I had less oily lids.

on 3/26/2017 10:54:00 PM

I bought this kit in dark because I have black brows. In the inner corner of my left brow I have a gap because those brows insist on growing to the right... Anyway, for an everyday look I just apply the gel on that area and then apply the powder on the rest the brow and it looks like I have naturally filled brows. If you want a bolder look, define the shape of your brow with the gel and then apply the powder, it looks great without looking artificial. I only use the angled part of the brush that comes with the kit for the gel and for the powder I use my own brush.

on 3/25/2017 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't have much good to say about this product other than the packaging is sturdy. Does nothing to fill your brows in. Don't waste your money.

Not impressed at all. The waxy part is not waxy at all and is more cream like that melts on the skin. Will not purchase again.

on 2/28/2017 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I honestly love this, I have the shade Dark. The little brush that came with it is horrible but with my normal angled eyebrow brush I like using this when i want to lightly fill in my brows with a natural look. The wax is easily blendable, i recommend this for people just beginning to do their eyebrows or lazy girls like me because its very convenient having the wax and powder in one and it's very forgiving and easy to work with.

on 2/27/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this! I bought it in the shade "dark" which I thought might be too bold, but after researching swatches of all the shades online, it looked like "dark" was the best pick for me with NO red tones. I love this. I find this easier to apply than the ELF instant lift brow pencils (eyebrow pencils) - which I love - but the gel really suits my brows.

I prefer the gel alone on my brows - without the powder on top. The powder makes the color a bit off - so I just use the brow powder as an eyeshadow and it's GREAT! Easy little duo for on the go (or when I don't want to think about eyeshadow)!

Great buy - and I had to come back to add that I actually prefer this kit over the ELF Instant Lift Brow Pencil. The pencil is great, but for my brows - the gel works 10 X better and comes off so much more natural and blends more easily. Hands down, love LOVE THIS.I keep looking in the mirror thinking, "I love my brows!!!"

on 1/25/2017 12:36:00 AM

ITS A YES.

Tacky packaging, brush, wax and powder. Everyone raved about this but not me. Really disappointed.

Popular Brows Products