E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

Tacky packaging, brush, wax and powder. Everyone raved about this but not me. Really disappointed.

on 1/7/2017 2:26:00 PM

I bought this half price the day after Christmas, but it was the whole set a pencil, 2 colors, wax, and gel and I am so glad I did. I put the wax on first, then the color ( it comes with a decent brush but use my own) and the wax makes it stay on all day long. I love it.

on 1/1/2017 7:12:00 PM

Ive gone through about 6 or 7 of these now and im absolutely in love with it. It takes time to learn how to not use much product, but i fill in my brows with this lightly and then use the powder on top and it looks so good! its also really good to get those faded ig brows, but it just takes practice. i also find that this product lasts long as long as you use both products.

on 12/27/2016 10:20:00 AM

I bought this thing a few months ago and at first i hated it! i found it was really hard to fill in my sparse brows, actually let me correct that - DRAW IN BROWS THAT DIDNT EXIST.

Fast forward a few months later, I got my eyebrows tattooed with the feather touch. After a few months, i loved that my eyebrows now had a permanent shape, but as with all tattoos, mine faded quite a bit.

Day to day, I dont bother filling in my brows after the tattooing. But if i go out and want to look polished, I use actually use this. Now that I have a shape to my brow I can now use the wax and just fill in my brows.

i find the wax formula quite long wearing and I do have oily skin. But i think the powder sets the wax pretty well. My only con would be I think the powder colour is too light. I wish was a tad darker. The brush that comes with it will do the job if you are travelling, but I use a proper angle brush.

If you have sparse brow, you may find it hard to "draw" in brows with wax. I find a pencil easier. BUT if you have pretty full brows but need to fill in here and there, then this will do a great job.

I am south east asian and I I use the colour DARK and it suits me. The colour is fairly neutral, not to warm or cool. The packaging is very sturdy and its got a little mirror too. It is not made out of a flimsy plastic. I got it for about $8 AUD.

on 12/3/2016 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have this in Dark and I'm really surprised at how well it works. I like makeup and wearing it but not often and I'm not one for too many steps involved in the process. Guess it's because I grew up in the 80s/90s when makeup was less complicated. My brows aren't as thick as they used to be, so I like a little natural looking help now & again. Brow fillers are great but some are just too much in results and application. I file this little gem under wizardry because I don't know how such little effort can produce such great results. I simply use the darker color and the tiny little liner side of the tiny little brush that comes with it and lightly fill in my brows, then I use the fluffier side to apply the lighter powder to set it & voila, fuller more polished brows! I like this better than Anastasia's brow pomade which is a little fake looking and harsh in my opinion. This one wins!

on 10/21/2016 1:25:00 AM

Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me. I've never tried a brow wax until I purchased this. I can safely say wax isn't for me. Looked very unnatural and cakey. Of course, that may be due to my not being familiar with wax.The powder was okay, but too light for my brows. I believe I had blonde/light. I recently gave it away, so I can't check. Seeing as I don't like half of this I won't attempt to find one with a powder that works for me.

Pros:
Great price.
Cute packaging.
Easy to find.
Powder was decent.

Cons:
Wax was hard to work with.

I, also, noticed the wax was much darker than the powder. Which was far too dark for me, whereas the powder was too light. It's affordable so I think it's worth a try. Just keep your receipt in case you don't like it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I own this in "Dark". I'll go on the record that I have a little bit of a love-hate thing going with this brow kit. Even now I'm struggling to rate it and if I seem a little contradictory and all over the place in this review, I apologize in advance.
The price is very low and warrants two lippies as it is. I have always been a brow pencil gal so this is a step into uncharted territory for me. I used a Sephora slanted brow brush to apply this because the brush it comes with looked a bit sloppy and I'm a freak about brows.
The wax is not super pigmented, and even though I bought the darkest kit it is still slightly lighter than my hair (and I don't have black hair), which I find a bit strange. Therefore, I can really only use this when my hair dye has washed out a bit and looks a shade or two lighter. That's no biggie, but what about all the ladies out there who have black hair and need eyebrows? Hello.
This applied a bit patchy the first time I used it and I was ready to call it a day. BUT.. throughout a few more uses I developed a begrudging respect for this. It DOES look natural, and even though it takes a bit longer for me to apply this than a pencil, it is easier to apply it evenly and symmetrically, and there is more room for error. It is easy to correct any mistakes you make with this and "clean it up".
It also lasts quite well through the day. With the powder on top of the wax, any patchiness completely disappears. It is definitely a more natural look than with my brow pencil and good for times when my brows are a bit uneven or need to be shaped.
As I mentioned before, I'll continue to use my dark brown pencil when my hair is freshly dyed because this is kind of medium-brown/auburn- NOT dark. Weirdly, the wax applies lighter than it looks in the pan, and the powder applies darker. Eccentricities aside, this is a good product for the price and makes my brows look fuller but still natural.

on 9/17/2016 3:20:00 AM

I have this eyebrow kit in the shade dark brown. The quality of the wax and powder itself is good apart from the fact that it smudges very easily when even softly touched or bumped. The brush included is a bit difficult to use but it does the job. Definitely good for the price and would probably repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

If I could, I would actually give this review 3.5 lippies. However, I'll just settle for 4.

This kit (dark) does its job, but the powder doesn't really match my eyebrow color (black). I know I could just use the gel, but still, the powder alone should at least somewhat match the eyebrow color, which this color hardly does. It would be nice if they came up with a darker formula.

on 8/29/2016 11:44:00 PM

I have never used an eyebrow kit, or an eyebrow pencil until I bought this. The packaging has been durrable. The brush it NOW comes with is horrible. The first kit I bought over a year ago, had a good brush. The new brush that ELF has now with this, is junk. I wish I kept my old brush.
Anyways I have very fair eyebrows. Very sparse. I use this in medium (i have blonde hair too) and it has worked great. I find the staying power amazing. I love the wax, do not care for the powder at all. Its way darker than it looks and I much rather use the wax alone. I've purchased 3 of these since they came out. The first was great with the brush they used to have. The second one I got I bought for my Mom and she loves it. The third one I've had for about 4 months and I've barely put a dent in it. This stuff LASTS.

Popular Brows Products