E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 10/7/2017 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Anyone who watches Thataylaa on YouTube would know how great this product is.... as a contour for fair-skinned faces rather than eyebrow product! I couldn’t agree more. The gel side is irrelevant to me, but the powder is sensational. It’s perfect as a neutral cool-toned contour without any hint of warmth (I use the RT setting brush for this). It works super well as an eyeshadow, in the crease and/or the entire lid - quick, easy & most importantly, effective. A great product.

on 7/30/2017 8:19:00 AM

Imi place,defineste bine sprancele.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my ride-or-die brow product in Light: I've tried med:dark; but I prefer Light. I have non existent brows & with the help of a nude eyeliner I'm able to carve out my brows well & they have this soft look to them. I keep one kit in my purse for touch ups. #awesome #winning #downtowntriplecrown

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I like this product a lot, it's not too pigmented so you can really make a very natural eyebrow look with this, but you can definitely build this up if you want something more bold (but I find that the powder does it anyway). I almost have nonexistent eyebrows so I definitely recommend this to people who are the same too! I find this easier to use than retractable eyebrow pencils because it's smoother and faster during application (no tagging and less blending of the product). I love the packaging too, but I wish they just didn't include the transparent plastic on top so the mirror would be a bit bigger, but nonetheless the mirror is still usable. This would have been my holy grail eyebrow product but the powder in the darkest shade is just too brown for my black hair - they don't really match and it's very obvious on photos. Because of that I still have to grab my other eyebrow powders with a black gray shade to match my hair - which defeats the purpose of this as a "kit". I mean I don't really mind but it's a bit hassle for me. I might not buy this again because of the powder, but if elf brings out another darker eyebrow kit with black/gray toned powder I'd definitely get it! For the price it is so worth it and it will take you more than a month or two to finish the gel up.

on 6/30/2017 2:49:00 PM

This product is okay. but i’m not good at how it works. it’s kinda hard to apply for a beginner like me. and i chose the wrong shade also. i chose the light shade. doesn’t look good at me. but i wasn’t expecting much since this kit is cheap. But i like the packaging. Small. Easy for travel

on 7/29/2017 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

this is a nice brow product. my brow hairs are dark brown/almost black i would say but the problem is they're not thick enough for me and so without any eyebrow product my brows would look light (sometimes non-existent, lol). i have this kit in medium and i really like it so far. i love how the brown color of the wax isn't too warm or red for me. only problem is, if you have any bald patches you want to cover up, this may not work. i've made a mistake of overgrooming my brows which resulted in a slightly bald patch in my brows and this did not work too well in covering it no matter how many layers i put over my eyebrows. other than that, it's really good. it keeps my brows looking natural too even if i build it up! the price is good too and it does last you a while. i will repurchase this whenever i run out of it!

on 5/13/2017 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been using MAC brow powder for years. The stuff just doesn't run out. But if I don't set it with brow gel it doesn't stay on all day. I was running low on my MAC brow gel so decided to look for a replacement. I ordered the ELF brow gel and also this brow kit. I really like this stuff. I would have thought you'd use the powder and set it with the wax but I followed the instructions and used the wax first. Works nicely and seems to last all day. I've only used it twice so far but I think it's great, esp for the price. I got the light color. I have auburn hair and this is plenty dark for me. I use my Bobbi Brown slanted brush; the brush that comes with the product isn't much good. No issues with the packaging.

on 5/7/2017 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this. I bought dark and am NC 30-35, Asian olive combination skin with sparse brows (years of indiscriminate plucking). I get a softer look than I want with only this kit, so I fill in my brows with WnW pencils (I use both taupe and mink brown) then brush the brows with the gel on top. Another reviewer -- in the listing for WnW nude pencil, call it buff -- had a nice suggestion that the WnW pencil essentially highlight the underside of the brow.

I don't use the powder for the brows, but it makes a great base eyeshadow that holds up nicely and makes me look more polished. If I want an even crisper look, I can underscore with a bit of matte highlight shadow underneath the brow. The elf angled brush is great for this, but I have also used the little mini brush or clean spoolies and been fine.

Some reviewers below mention that this doesn't stay in place. While you are putting it in place, this is a good thing - if you make a mistake, this is easily correctable with your finger. When it's done, it's held up for me, but I try not to touch/rub my face when I have makeup on (I do set and seal as needed with Ben Nye setting powder (olive sands is a good match with banana more as a highlighting powder) and cinema secrets moisture spray for a moister look).

It occurred to me that if you are having a problem with brow gel staying on, perhaps try primer underneath. . . Or, a light dusting of powder onto the brow PRIOR to pencil or gel application might help. (Kind of along the lines of Wayne Goss's powder under foundation to cement the makeup in place).

Note: re primer
I haven't needed primer for the brows, but since I have very oily lids, I use eye primer under eye shadow. I've tried UDPP, TheBalm, Elf and WnW and a few others. I prefer WnW for cost and efficacy. As per various on line bloggers, WnW picture perfect eye primer, photofocus (something prime) and take on the day are all the same formula. I have not yet tried Inglot eye shadow keeper (but I have just bought Inglot duraline - the stuff that saves your dried outl eyeliners and mascaras and turns eyeshadow and foundation respectively into resistant eyeliner and foundation (I think the latter is a tip from a MUA reviewer here) but I have high hopes for that one too. The eye primers I prefer have isododecane and cyclopentasiloxane (and talc) in the top ingredients. UDPP has those ingredients too; UDPP's talc is just further down the list of ingredients. I think ElF eye primer would work better if I had less oily lids.

on 3/26/2017 10:54:00 PM

I bought this kit in dark because I have black brows. In the inner corner of my left brow I have a gap because those brows insist on growing to the right... Anyway, for an everyday look I just apply the gel on that area and then apply the powder on the rest the brow and it looks like I have naturally filled brows. If you want a bolder look, define the shape of your brow with the gel and then apply the powder, it looks great without looking artificial. I only use the angled part of the brush that comes with the kit for the gel and for the powder I use my own brush.

on 5/7/2017 4:34:00 PM

Don't use the powder but the gel is great, good pigmentation and easy application. I really like this

Popular Brows Products